PDA

View Full Version : Duration of Spin time for the Warp?

niteHawk337
01-08-2002, 09:02 AM
Anyone have an idea of what the average spin time for the warp feed should be to feed reliably on a closed bolt gun?

I am working with a Cocker Electo Frame manufacturer, to get thier grip Warp intellifeed enabled, but since I have to hardcode the pulse length into the firmware (at least for now), I want to get a round idea how long it needs to pulse for... Am I looking at something like half a second, or should I be thinking much shorter - like 15-20ms??

Thanks,
nH

Daniel Morse
01-08-2002, 09:20 AM
The longer the wheels spin the less chance you have for half feeding. Also you can always change the spin time internally on the warp.

niteHawk337
01-08-2002, 09:25 AM
You bring up a better phrasing to my questino :-)

A better question for me to ask would be:
How long does the pulse needed to activate the warp need to be :-)

nH

Sanction
01-08-2002, 04:19 PM
The warp works with a vibration sensor, everytime your gun fires the warp is activated.. Spin time is for how fast you want the balls to be loaded.. I wouldn't recommend setting the electric triger to fire faster then the rating of balls a second of your loader.. You should be able to get a steady flow of 13-14 balls a second with a 12 volt revy thru the Warp! I use the CenterFlag Hyper Frame which max's out at 10 balls a second, and a 12 volt revy w/X-Board... Never miss's a beat!

niteHawk337
01-08-2002, 05:24 PM
Sanction,
I realize that there is a vibration sensor, but on my cocker's they never work right - currently I have 2 warps on two of my cockers, with a manual intellifeed hooked up, and havn't had any problems... they guys at Race and I have been discussing creating an intellifeed for the racegrip, and the only thing I need to accomplish it is the amount ot time the 5v pulse to activate it...

nH

zads27
01-09-2002, 10:04 PM
I'm guessing in the 10's millisecond range,
it's only a signal pulse...

You can't just test it out?

If you really need specs, try PM-ing BlackVCG or RobAGD.

BlackVCG
01-10-2002, 02:24 AM
5 millisecond pulse.

niteHawk337
01-10-2002, 07:07 AM
Thakns BlackVCG... that is around what I was thinking... (BTW - LOVE the pic in your sig... I'm the only Pats fan in NJ :-)

Zads,
Yes I could just test it, but since Race is in Denmark, it takes a while for me to get new revisions of the firmware :-)

nH

niteHawk337
01-10-2002, 07:25 AM
Hey Black, one more Question while I have ya...

What kind of Amprage does the pulse need to feed?

Thanks again,
nH