PDA

View Full Version : Still Breaking Balls

Joelus Morolus
06-27-2007, 01:40 PM
So here is my original thread i posted

<<<<<<hello, i bought my tac one from the company and they tuned it and everything, then i had to move to a smaller carrier after about 3,000~ balls were fired through and i never had a ball break.

im currently shooting at 280fps
- a few (2-3) extra shims in my ULT
- the very smallest carrier with 2 level 10 shims
- i recently intellifed my revy to my grip with those radio shack parts
- i only shoot PMI Premium and it has been kept in a cool place, trust me its not the paint

now my problems are:
- possibly double feeding / firing 2 balls at once
- breaking a ball about 1/10 shots, but its not down the barrel because theres paint all over my level 10 bolt too and even in the threads of my feedneck but not in my hopper feedneck
- my trigger pull is fairly light so sometimes i 'walk' my trigger with two fingers and ball breaks mostly happen during this time, is it possible i am short stroking the trigger?
- or should i get a faster hopper / force fed hopper / ??? to keep up with firing rate?

what should i do to fix this problem using what you know about my current setup?

and question #2:

since im using the smallest carrier (no lines and no dots) what happens if i need to go down another carrier size in the future? am i screwed i dont understand what would happen if i had a nother leak and the carrier needed to go down one more...>>>>>>>

and everyone told me to switch orings and make sure everything is oiled. so i did that, i oiled everything and changed all the orings i could. i also live in canada and parts kits are stupid expensive to have shipped up here so im hoping to fig out the oring sizes and just buy them from someoen in canada.

anyways, so im still breaking balls. im p.o'd and i don't know what to do. i'm using the smallest spring, then when i switch to the red one, my gun doesnt fire at all, same with the longest spring. how do i fix this non firing problem? make my FPS higher?

i also have another question. the black orings on the level 10 carriers, are these all the exact same size? or is each oring matched specifically to the carrier it is on?

all of my previous thread questions still apply, ive retuned my level 10 but i am on the SMALLEST carrier, no lines no dots, and it doesnt leak but technically i CANNOT go any smaller and larger only leaks...

I am so confused and pissed and just ready to throw my gun into a wall...

somebody please help, advise me...

pierce
06-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Put the shortest spring in (Cuts down on double feeds but harder on paint). Try a different barrel. All black o-rings on carrier are the same as well as the white o-rings(but vary slightly) on the inside. The inside of the carrier is a different size so when tuning use the same o-ring when changing carriers. A fast hopper is needed.

Coralis
06-27-2007, 08:29 PM
if you put in the longer spring you will probably have to turn up the velocity to get the gun to fire also the longer springs make the level 10 softer on paint. if you are walking the trigger you might be getting short stoking or you might be out shooting your hopper, if you could borrow a faster hopper it might help you eliminate the cause. lastly you might want to try going up one size carrier and check for leaks and check your detents so you can rule out double feeds or partial feeds that might be getting pinched and then breaking on subsequent shots.

Joelus Morolus
06-27-2007, 10:23 PM
these responses seem much more logical than the last batch i received, not trying to be a negative nancy towards the other who helped me, i appreciate their time and help, but these seemed like the logical answers for me. i will try the hopper and i will stop 'walking' my ult, i also have a barrel kit pending with psycario once my paypal is up and running, woot.

thanks again to all who helped me and i will keep posted with results

[NA]WARLORD
06-27-2007, 11:49 PM
I dont know which body your using, but if its the older powerfeed mag, you may want to get a parabolic feed plug and check the nubbins in your barrel. If the nubbin is broken or badly worn, it will cause double feeds and or chops as well.

Tao
06-28-2007, 02:43 AM
If you suspect you are double feeding you may be short stroking. when you short stroke the gun sends a ball halfway down the barrel, so you get a big mess with the next shot. Try practicing walking the trigger more slowly or more firmly.

athomas
06-28-2007, 05:14 AM
Check the match between your balls and the barrel. If are more than 2 points of contact, then your barrel may be too tight for the paint you are shooting. This causes breaks in the breach as the balls are pushed forward.

If you are getting actual chops, then you are somehow operating at a pressure setting that is much too high.

Joelus Morolus
06-28-2007, 05:30 PM
warlord: i am using the new tac body, and its AC threaded, so no twist lock barrels for me therefore no nubbins

tao: good advise, i play bass guitar and i play jazz / slap / finger style so this should have been a no brainer for me, i guess it's why i don't enjoy playing metal :headbang: as i do listening to it :headbang:

athomas: i am operating at 750psi tank reg output, its a preset tank unfortunately, but i also have a barrel kit pending, so hopefully if all else fails and im still breaking balls, the kit will eliminate it and be the answer i needed

thanks again guys for your valuable input, i will have to wait for new hopper and barrel kit, will keep posted

its always nice to know a gun comes with a forum full of helpful guys as well...

:cheers: