PDA

View Full Version : the "zamboni" mod a WGP kitted Pump Mag

autococker04
06-27-2007, 05:12 PM
i dunno how many of you go on the nation, so heres my pump mag if you dont

so earlier today, i saw a thread about a pump mag, and it reminded me of a project that i had long put to the side.

my WGP kit that i had been modding to be usable on the pump mag

so heres my vid
id you guys would like a tutorial, i could type one out

if no one else has done this, id like to claim it as my own, and call it the Zamboni MOD

so heres a vid for your viewing pleasure
- i know i blink with every shot its i know its quite amusing
- and yes i am freaking greasy and sweaty, you guys can deal with it, i believe in you

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g192/zambonifamily/th_MOV01761.jpg (http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g192/zambonifamily/?action=view&current=MOV01761.flv)

thanks for checking it out

reckid1986
06-27-2007, 05:22 PM
good mod, im pretty sure someone here has done it, but I would like to see a "how to" on this.

autococker04
06-27-2007, 05:42 PM
o so heres the basics, this mod isnt free, it cost me around 180 for everything
what i had to buy
- pump milled body
- pump milled rail
- sear and trigger frame
- WGP pump kit
- mini mag valve w/ bolt and spring
- 10/32 piece of threaded rod

i first READ THE STICKEYS they were unbelievably helpful

so what i did was to get a piece of aluminum
- thread it to 9/16 1/2 ( size of post 2k frontblock hole on cocker)
- this piece was also drilled verticaly to allow it to be mounted verticaly where the vert adapter would be ( near the front of the rail)

this piece was made to allow the pump kit to be mounted
(pic of finished piece to come)
the next thing that had to be done and by far the hardest part of this project was to make the 10/32 rod fit through the pump slot in the rail
to do this
( pic of rod to come)
- i did a *** load of filing, seriously this took longer than the rest of the project, but it made it so much smoother

once the rod smoothly fit into the slot, i had to make it go into the pump handle
(pic to come)
to do this, i used a lot of trial and error, a hammer and a vice, it has to go up and left
( pic to come)

i then had to bend the tip of the rod so that it would catch the bottom of the bolt,
( pic to come)

to make it so that when you pulled foreward on the pump stroke, the pump arm and pump handle jsut diddnt come off, i milled a slot in the pump guide rod
(pic to come)

i then drilled a hole in the side of the pump handle so that i could mount a screw, to catch in the previously mentioned slot
(pic to come)

and finaly i had to do the easiest part
throw a wave spring on there and put it all together
(pic of valve to come)

thats about it