PDA

View Full Version : Need mag assistance!!

MrMICRO
06-27-2007, 05:53 PM
I have an x-valve with level 10 bolt & ULE on/off. The problem is that it only leaks after I fire it. It seems that the on/off valve is leaking and I can stop it by pressing the trigger all the way with the safety on (same length with safety off, of course, just signifying the length of the trigger pull to stop leak). Would that mean I have to adjust the on/off or adjust the length of the push pin for the sear assembly? I've been messing with the length of the push pin of the sear assembly, trying to figure out how long it should be. Do I also have to adjust the regulator? By the way, the on/off has only one shim right now, it used to have 2. Let me know about what to do with the problem. I would appreciate all the input I can get! Thanks in advance

Coralis
06-27-2007, 08:20 PM
try using a smaller carrier in your level 10

MrMICRO
06-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks, I will try a smaller carrier. I'll let you know after I do.

>>Just to let everyone know, the valve is used on an automag setup (rail & body), not on a micromag.

Let me revise my first post. I was guessing that the leak was caused by the on/off valve, NOT actually from it . The leak starts right after I pull and release the trigger. I can stop the leak by pressing the trigger slightly (maybe ~1-2 mm). The trigger does have some play, should it? Should I add or remove any shims on the ULT on/off valve or make the sear assembly longer/shorter or neither? Let me know of any advise. Thanks again!

Coralis
06-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Do one thing at time first start with smaller carriers ... if that doesnt clear it up check your on/off valve orings then go from there.

MrMICRO
06-29-2007, 12:58 AM
Hey, thanks for the help Coralis.

It just so happens that it does have the smallest o-ring carrier. Should there be any problems when you don't have the back up washer in the power tube assembly? It didn't have one before, which seemed like it worked okay, but I put it back in anyways... I've replaced the top o-ring for the on & off valve and put a total of 3 shims (2 more). It seems to be working better. I fired only a couple of times and seems to hold, but I will have to check later for leaks, since it is now too noisy to gas up and fire.

'Til next time...