PDA

View Full Version : Help me out, friend wants an Angel...

hitech
01-08-2002, 12:34 PM
Only because of the hype. He is considering it over an emag because he has never "seen" anyone shoot one (the emag). The field owner (an OLD freind of ours) shoots an angel and thinks it's great. Any of you out there with an emag live close enough to American Canyon, Ca? Have you ever played at Paintball Jungle? Want to show off an emag?

Thanks in advance.

ciaran.mooney
01-08-2002, 12:43 PM
Well if you friend wants an angle i suggest he goes for the obtuse edition. The acute is just too fiddly to cope with.

DrEvil
01-08-2002, 12:59 PM
show him this....
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21629

Butterfingers
01-08-2002, 01:00 PM
Who makes the obtuse angle? I hear Pethagerus is doing some amazing things with angles now a days. Almost as amazing as Sine, Cosine, and Tangent. Heh... :) couldent resist...

If he really wants to get an angel its his decision. All you can do is present him with the facts, and hopefully he will make the choice that best suits him.

hitech
01-08-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Butterfingers
If he really wants to get an angel its his decision....

Yes it is. However, I know him. He'll buy it BECAUSE of the hype and won't be happy (NOTHING ever lives up to it's hype). I was hoping to find someone who lives around here that can show him an actual emag in action. That is the kind of facts that make the biggest impression.

manike
01-08-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by ciaran.mooney
Well if you friend wants an angle i suggest he goes for the obtuse edition. The acute is just too fiddly to cope with.

Dang beat me to it :) I'm actually a big fan of the isosceles. I just like that word. It's not as good as plunge though... (milling term honest!)

manike

ciaran.mooney
01-08-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by manike

Dang beat me to it :) I'm actually a big fan of the isosceles. I just like that word. It's not as good as plunge though... (milling term honest!)

manike

Actually thats a triangle completly different, they are just not up to angle standard.

hitech
01-08-2002, 02:00 PM
Okay guys, I fixed the typo! :D :rolleyes:

manike
lol, good point. I still like the word though. :)

Wouldn't an isosceles count as three angles and there fore be greater than just one single one? I could have two identical acute angles and one obtuse angle...

Obtuse and acute are good words also :)

manike

hitech
Originally posted by DrEvil
show him this....
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21629

Oh yeah, I did! :D :D

Bluntman
01-08-2002, 02:20 PM
Have you-hitech- ever seen an emag in action? Cause otherwise don't start acting like the angel is all hype cause they rock. Never seen an emag myself but i want to real bad.

(this post is really badly typed but im tired)

hitech
01-08-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Bluntman
Have you-hitech- ever seen an emag in action? Cause otherwise don't start acting like the angel is all hype cause they rock....

Nope, never seen an emag in action. However, I have seen plenty of angels (angles too). They are a fine gun, but they DO NOT live up to the hype (nothing ever does). He is buying into the hype. That is a classic formula for disappointment.

Webmaster
01-08-2002, 03:02 PM
Look - I have to say is, if your angle isn't 90 degrees - it sucks!

Butterfingers
01-08-2002, 03:20 PM
I have a 45 degree angle and it dosent suck! Your 90 degree angle sucks! 45 degree angles are smaller and more compact!

manike
01-08-2002, 03:27 PM
http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/contrib/edoom/iamwithstupid.gif

You can get tighter into your bunker with a 45degree angle...

manike

DarkRipper
01-08-2002, 03:37 PM
http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/contrib/edoom/iamwithstupid.gif

You can get tighter into your bunker with a 45degree angle...

manike

That's why I employ a 15 degree angle when I play concept fields.

:)
DR

manike
01-08-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by DarkRipper

That's why I employ a 15 degree angle when I play concept fields.

DR

OOOoooohhhhh. 15 degrees. Wow you must be a pro, my hero! http://www.minorannoyance.net/~spin/Smilies/otn/love/luxlove.gif

15 degrees sounds sharp. Wouldn't that cut the bunkers?

manike

ps Cphilip, love the smiley page thanks :)

renegade2k
01-08-2002, 04:35 PM
hey, what smiley page?

manike
01-08-2002, 04:39 PM
this one :)

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/

manike

renegade2k
01-08-2002, 04:43 PM
thanks

gibby
01-08-2002, 04:52 PM
I like the full 360 degrees..reminds me of a circle of friends...group hug anyone? ;)

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
01-08-2002, 05:08 PM
It seems these days the only way to teach someone something is by there mistakes. So let him get an angel (yes ITS SPELT ANGEL not ANGLE thats like 90* angle ;) which many of you have spelt it this way)If he likes it he will keep it... if he doesnt he can sell it...and get an emag. Thats how people find what gun suits them...they may lose money but if they go the used route then they will be alright...the only way to say if the gun is good is if you like it. Paintball is a preference sport.

hitech
01-08-2002, 07:05 PM
/\
|
/\

deded
01-08-2002, 08:34 PM
Hey hitech, I live in the bay area too, and I've only ever seen one or two Emags around.

I'm going to buy an extreme when they come out. If your friend hasn't made a decision by then, I'd be glad to take it to the jungle to show it off.

That'll be a little while though, but maybe he should wait for the Xtremes to come out like I am, and then get one of those.

I'm planning on getting one when Tom is in California @ predator paintball in sacto. Predator's site says something about special prices... so I think I'll be waiting 'till then to get mine!

And if he waits that long, and goes to predator, he can just ask Tom Kaye why he should get an Emag instead of an Angel!

hitech
01-08-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by deded
Hey hitech, I live in the bay area too, and I've only ever seen one or two Emags around.

I'm going to buy an extreme when they come out...

I'm planning on getting one when Tom is in California @ predator paintball in sacto. Predator's site says something about special prices... so I think I'll be waiting 'till then to get mine!

And if he waits that long, and goes to predator, he can just ask Tom Kaye why he should get an Emag instead of an Angel!

I was going to suggest that he wait until they come out. I forgot about Tom coming out. Maybe I can use that as "leverage". Good idea, thanks.

DarkRipper
01-09-2002, 12:00 PM

OOOoooohhhhh. 15 degrees. Wow you must be a pro, my hero! http://www.minorannoyance.net/~spin/Smilies/otn/love/luxlove.gif

15 degrees sounds sharp. Wouldn't that cut the bunkers?

manike

Yeah, I get my angles for FREE too!!!

It's good to be sponsored by Pythagorean Paintball. You should look into it!

DR

manike
01-09-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by DarkRipper

Yeah, I get my angles for FREE too!!!

It's good to be sponsored by Pythagorean Paintball. You should look into it!

DR

Money for nothing and angles for free...

lol

It reminds me of the good ol' pigchat sessions. Heard any good rumours about the Vulcam lately? :)

manike

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-09-2002, 12:30 PM
i like the 32degrees angle more than the 90 or 45... its ice blue and freezes when u use co2! awesome to see snow commin out the barrel oh wait thats my mag... n/m

Nitroduck
01-09-2002, 01:57 PM
Only because of the hype. He is considering it over an emag because he has never "seen" anyone shoot one (the emag). The field owner (an OLD freind of ours) shoots an angel and thinks it's great. Any of you out there with an emag live close enough to American Canyon, Ca? Have you ever played at Paintball Jungle? Want to show off an emag?

Or maybe he's like me...........

I tried a emag and angel out the same day ( emag w/ warp feed , flatline ) And a 99 LED with CP barrel and 32* tank and i ended up buying a angel.........

cphilip
01-09-2002, 02:01 PM
ps Cphilip, love the smiley page thanks :)

Actually Army gave that to us a good while back. And it started a real over use of them for a while. So I do not want the credit in case that happens again. Lets give it all to him shall we? :cool:

Oh and I fixed the title so these others will all look like jerks! :D

DarkRipper
01-09-2002, 08:25 PM

Money for nothing and angles for free...

lol

It reminds me of the good ol' pigchat sessions. Heard any good rumours about the Vulcam lately? :)

manike

I haven't thought about Pigchat in a while. Have you seen or heard from Perch lately? Good lord, that was... 3 years ago?

:eek:
DR