PDA

View Full Version : Question/suggestion for AGD about the mag trigger

booyah
01-08-2002, 04:39 PM
Now, before I begin, this is a post asking AGD about a mod they could do, sell, and or package that would lighten the Automag Trigger. The way this lightens the trigger has already been discussed, and AGD said that it does work.

This is not about trigger jobs, Reactor Valves, the trigger rod, or milling ANY internal AGD parts so please dont post "dont do that its best the way it is". Thats not what this post is about.

----------------------------------------------------------
AGD,
It has been mentioned before that the Zvalve operated on a similar concept as the RT On/Off valve. It was also stated that the use of an RT On/Off or a Zvalve (assuming it worked in your gun) would lighten the trigger pull.

My question is, is it possible or likely that you could make and sell on the AO store an on/off assembly similar to the RT's (without the special regulator, just for the lighter pull) that would work in the classic valve? give the benifits without the drawbacks based on tolerence issues?

The reason I ask is, a simple mod like that i would think (in my limited experience) could be sold for about 50 dollars and give a lighter pull to the mag would be a huge asset to the mag shooters out there. If someone picks up a mag and pulls the trigger, the first thing they say is "thats a heavy pull" and are scared away in this time of ultra light cocker triggers and electros.

Just curious, I know that if one was available I would buy one on the spot. Thanks again and hopin' for an awnser.

-Booyah

booyah
01-09-2002, 11:07 AM
but I would like to see if a response could be made by AGD

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-09-2002, 11:21 AM
http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=131&CATID=6

straight from the online store. just take the old on/off out, and put this one in. only 35 dollars too.

Xzion
01-09-2002, 11:54 AM
Um.... TheBigRaguPB4L, I'f your trying to pass that On/Off valve as a A.I.R. valve upgrade On/Off, its not intended for use in A.I.R. valves, that design is an RT On/Off, which is used in ReTro Valves, RT PRO Valves, and E-Mag valves. However, I personally don't know how well the RT On/Off would work in a A.I.R. valve, if it would provide any performance boost, or even work at all for that matter. I suppose the only way to find out, is to have a tech that knows tell us, or to try it for oneself.

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-09-2002, 11:57 AM
i have one in my AIR valve. it seems to make the trigger lighter for me. since the RT's are designed for higher rate of fire, it would seem concievable that the RT on/off would be better suited for such. i tried it just messing around and it seemed to lighten the trigger pull. maybe it's in my head, but that was my observation.

booyah
01-09-2002, 09:25 PM
the main in difference in trigger pull is the on off pin. It must be used with the on off assembly from the RT.

the zvalve is modeled after this on off and can lighten ones trigger. What I am really curious is could/would AGD release this as an AIR valve upgrade...

If your interested in a lighter trigger pull on your mag, how bout you post here so we can see if there is a demand

Consider this my post

-Booyah

Bwaites
01-09-2002, 11:19 PM
If there is something that makes the regular mag trigger lighter and/or shorter I'm all for that, especially after my emag trigger.

I would love to have something similar on my regular classic mag.

Consider this a definite "Yes I'm interested".

Bill

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-09-2002, 11:55 PM
i'm not understanding your statement.

Originally posted by booyah

What I am really curious is could/would AGD release this as an AIR valve upgrade..
-Booyah [/B]

they can't release something that you can purchase. you can buy it at a store or at any site that has automag parts. maybe it's me but htat doesn't make any sense.