PDA

View Full Version : new Mini owner question

punkrex
07-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Hello, I recently purchased a 2nd hand mini with matching #'s MM14xxx. The mag shoots awsome and has a surprising short and light trigger pull despite what I have read.

My question is what mods/upgrades could I do to increase my ROF with out getting into an xvalve?

Thanks!
Rex

sdawg
07-11-2007, 01:10 PM
My question is what mods/upgrades could I do to increase my ROF with out getting into an xvalve?

Double trigger :shooting:

You can find the cheap on the intrawebs now.

athomas
07-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Hello, I recently purchased a 2nd hand mini with matching #'s MM14xxx. The mag shoots awsome and has a surprising short and light trigger pull despite what I have read.

Thanks!
RexUse a retro/x-valve on-off assembly to cut your trigger pull force in half.

punkrex
07-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Where do I find a retro on/off on the cheap?
And forgive me but what is an intraweb? - A double trigger would mean cutting my trigger guard off wouldn't it?

Smoothice
07-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Where do I find a retro on/off on the cheap?
And forgive me but what is an intraweb? - A double trigger would mean cutting my trigger guard off wouldn't it?

Tunaman here on AO has the best prices I have found. Or you can try searching the B/S/T. You will probably want to get a RT (Retro) on/off and a .750 pin.

I believe intraweb is simply the internet. Again the b/s/t is a good place to find the double triggers. Yes you could add a double trigger only which would mean cutting your trigger guard.

Or you could purchase an entire double trigger frame. There are a few different kinds out there. They can be found from $20(Benchmark or Dye) to $80 (intelliframe). I believe there are others but I don't know what they are or how much they are.

ThePixelGuru
07-15-2007, 10:43 PM
An RT on/off will work in a classic valve? News to me, I thought it was a bad idea like the ULT.

Also, if you're thinking about a Benchmark frame, I'd try one before you buy it (if you can). I had a chance to buy one for $9, tried it, and it wasn't worth the money. Made the trigger pull all sloppy and weird. Personal preference, though.

chill will
07-16-2007, 01:42 AM
Use a retro/x-valve on-off assembly to cut your trigger pull force in half.

This is all you need unless you looking to go with some type of e-grip frame. Personaly, I have been there and unless you enjoy shooting large amounts of paint, the rt off will really make a difference in you ROF with out having to cut your trigger guard. I run a single trigger and with my set up it works for me. :)

sdlm_
07-16-2007, 03:25 AM
An RT on/off will work in a classic valve? News to me, I thought it was a bad idea like the ULT.

Also, if you're thinking about a Benchmark frame, I'd try one before you buy it (if you can). I had a chance to buy one for $9, tried it, and it wasn't worth the money. Made the trigger pull all sloppy and weird. Personal preference, though.

I use an RT on/off in mine. Makes it a bit easier to short stroke but, does cut your trigger pull down. I've used a ULT in a classic valve before too, and I don't see why everyone says it is that bad of an Idea, it does make it even easier to short stroke than the RT on/off but, combine it with a lvl X and there are no real problems, since when you short stroke you don't really break paint anymore.

Smoothice
07-16-2007, 04:51 PM
I suggest checking www.themagsmith.com too, Nick :ninja:

LOL :wow:

Seriously :eek:

Nothing personal. The last time I was in the market for a r/t on off tuna was the cheapest.

BTW - it's lasrsktr's bday today!