PDA

View Full Version : e-mag help

Geronimo7
07-11-2007, 08:31 PM
So the problem is this,
e-mag fires fine in manual mode but for some reason it wont to anything in "e" mode
last time i had it out it shot fine in "e" mode, bout a month or so ago :(
i have gone over everything i can think of and everything seems to be in spec, like charged
battery checked plunger length (3.005) checked trigger rod (2.125) checked on/off pin (.712) plenty of air & paint. dont know where to go next. and like i said it will fire fine in mechanical mode. not sure what to check next. only other thing i think i can add is if i take
the valve out out put my finger over the sear and push on it when i pull the trigger in e mode it does give it a good smack. let me know if i missed something as i am out of ideas
thanks

Tao
07-12-2007, 03:16 AM
So the problem is this,
e-mag fires fine in manual mode but for some reason it wont to anything in "e" mode
last time i had it out it shot fine in "e" mode, bout a month or so ago :(
i have gone over everything i can think of and everything seems to be in spec, like charged
battery checked plunger length (3.005) checked trigger rod (2.125) checked on/off pin (.712) plenty of air & paint. dont know where to go next. and like i said it will fire fine in mechanical mode. not sure what to check next. only other thing i think i can add is if i take
the valve out out put my finger over the sear and push on it when i pull the trigger in e mode it does give it a good smack. let me know if i missed something as i am out of ideas
thanks

Well it seems your solenoid needs to be lubed or you have a weak charge. I know the solenoid needs a speacial kind of lubricant so ask AGD tech. As for the battery take a volt metre to it and see how many volts it is putting out.

Tunaman
07-12-2007, 05:23 AM
Do Not Lube The Solenoid! ;)

sdlm_
07-12-2007, 05:31 AM
check the voltage coming off the battery, it will still smack when it doesn't have enough power to fire.

Geronimo7
07-12-2007, 02:11 PM
checked the voltage of the battery, FLUKE mulimeter reads 19.2 volts, this is off of a fresh charge. i'll check it again in a couple hours and see if it drops any.

Geronimo7
07-12-2007, 05:05 PM
o.k been a couple hours battery seems to be holding its charge at 19 volts.
any ideas, bad/weak solenoid maybe? how would you test that?
like i said earlier it will rip on my finger pretty good with the valve out in any electric firing mode, put the valve back in and nothing. could a bent on off pin cause this, it looks straight
and fires fine manually. argh

Tao
07-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Do Not Lube The Solenoid! ;)

Where were you all those post where people said to lube it :rolleyes:

Tao
07-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Well instead of lubing the solenoid do the next best thing. With the gun depressurized, turn the gun upsidedonw and right side up again. The plunger should move in and out of the solenoid freely just from the pull of gravity. If it does this should be fine. I guess eitherway perhaps check to make sure there is no dirt in there.

If you have x mod check the dwell settings.

Geronimo7
07-12-2007, 05:31 PM
yeah sear moves freely when i turn it upside down like you said no problems there
i do have x mod and have turned the dwell all the way up, i think it goes back to 1 somewhere in the 30's or something like that, have not checked for dirt in the solenoid though maybe i'll stick a q-tip in there or something and wipe it out

well i'm gonna leave work for now, ill check back in a bit

phizz
07-13-2007, 01:58 AM
Sounds to me like your noid could be fried. I forget the numbers its supposed to have when you hook the voltage meter up to it. If somebody could jump in here and help him out that would be great. for some reason 3. something runs through my head.

phizz
07-13-2007, 02:02 AM
okay did a search of the answer on how to check the noid when I had the same problem and here is what I got from Tunaman himself

"disconnect the solenoid and put an ohm meter across the leads. 2.8-3.0 ohms is what you want."

Geronimo7
07-13-2007, 09:32 AM
"disconnect the solenoid and put an ohm meter across the leads. 2.8-3.0 ohms is what you want."

OY i was afraid of that, those wires are awfully small, gonna be a trick to re-solder them back on without screwin things up.
well thanks for the info phizz i'll try it and see what happens.

phizz
07-14-2007, 11:11 AM
you could cut the wires in the middle, making sure you get the right ones lined back up. then solder them back together. It is much easier to solder the two wire halves back together then worrying about solder onto your board.