PDA

View Full Version : So AGD(the company) is moving. Whats up with that?

BigEvil
07-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Didn't have a clue until someone pointed out a pop-up on the Airgun website saying they are moving. I am not sure if it was brought up here, but its hard to say with all the crashes going on. Anyone have any info? This cannot possibly be a good thing. It's not like the are going to be expanding the company or anything.

Will the next tour of the AGD facility include Dave's basement and garage? Better question would be, what does this mean of the inventory of parts and spares? Are we going to be witnessing the discontinuation of products when inventory runs out or will there be new ones made to replace them?

Is it time to start shopping for a new gun yet?

Cow hunter
07-11-2007, 11:08 PM
well this cant be a good sign....

is it possible that AGD is finally grinding to a halt?

Ninjeff
07-11-2007, 11:13 PM
i, myself, am wondering the same thing.

But let not get those rumor mills turning.

Actually, lets do.

I heard they were moving to a larger facility so they can start making th 08 Automag. They expect unusually high demand. :p

StygShore
07-11-2007, 11:14 PM
I have been asking this for a few days... Tom's moving to AZ, the store is moving.... coincidence?

Styg

Rumor mill begins grinding......

biojuggernaut
07-11-2007, 11:14 PM
A move doesnt have to be a bad thing does it?? :wow:

Cow hunter
07-11-2007, 11:18 PM
well i tries to edit my posts up there, but it wont let me.... anyway

maybe the relocation is just to lower the cost to keep AGD open?

RogueFactor
07-11-2007, 11:51 PM

Anybody that has been to the original location knows that its overkill for whats needed. Id venture a guess that you are correct.

pablo4429
07-12-2007, 02:07 AM
AGD is moving and soon to be "made in china," "assembled in mexico"

jenarelJAM
07-12-2007, 02:41 AM
AGD is moving and soon to be "made in china," "assembled in mexico"
I lol'd :rofl:

Tao
07-12-2007, 03:03 AM
Actually I see this whole thing on moving as a good thing. let us ASSUME that it is to lower costs. Hey they are making an effort rather than giving up. Basically seeing change is a sign of life from my perspective.

BigEvil
07-12-2007, 06:20 AM

I hope so. Im not willing to have to let my Mag's sit around and collect dust like relics because I cannot get parts for them.

kevdupuis
07-12-2007, 06:57 AM
They've moved to Cary Il. just a little west up highway 14.

Doobie
07-12-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm thinking the Basement thing might be true...
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/Doobie1970/random/AGDnewLocation.jpg

BigEvil
07-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Oh good god. I hate being right when Im not even trying.

/smacks self in head

Warwitch
07-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Oh good god. I hate being right when Im not even trying.

/smacks self in head

Thats right, this is all BE's fault! Its time for a lynchin'! :argh:

Geoff Call
07-12-2007, 11:49 AM
They moved to cut some major costs in their facility. A smart move on Dave's part IMHO. This should allow them to keep things running for a while. Shouldn't be much change in the services provided.

-Geoff

Tac-OneFun
07-12-2007, 11:50 AM
their lawn needs a little water.

Warwitch
07-12-2007, 12:45 PM
They moved to cut some major costs in their facility. A smart move on Dave's part IMHO. This should allow them to keep things running for a while. Shouldn't be much change in the services provided.

-Geoff

On the same note, it will also make it easier to close shop if/when the time comes :(

BigEvil
07-12-2007, 12:59 PM
On the same note, it will also make it easier to close shop if/when the time comes :(

Yeah, all he would have to do is hit the button on the garage door closer :p

mag_lover05
07-12-2007, 01:08 PM

:mad: :cuss:

dont even joke about it

:cuss: :mad:

BigEvil
07-12-2007, 01:17 PM

dont even joke about it

AWE COME ON THATS FUNNY STUFF!

paintballfiend
07-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Honestly, what did you guys expect?

Warwitch
07-12-2007, 01:33 PM
their lawn needs a little water.

and a couple of air bunkers :shooting:

I wonder if he has the elves all couped up and chained in the sweatshop like basement?

RavishingEddie
07-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey guys I am starting to worry. All I know about AGD is their products. Are they really relocating to a basement? :( I love AGD too much :cry:

BigEvil
07-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Hey guys I am starting to worry. All I know about AGD is their products. Are they really relocating to a basement? :( I love AGD too much :cry:

I dont think anyone has said anything, I was just by hypothetical. No one knows yet what the story is.

geekwarrior
07-12-2007, 06:37 PM

:spit_take

mr doo doo
07-12-2007, 08:25 PM
hahahahah, big evil, you make it sound so true.

mag_lover05
07-12-2007, 09:31 PM

i can see TK sitting at a little table, at the end of the driveway, thats a foot off ground, selling parts/guns and repairing valves
:rofl:

Tao
07-13-2007, 12:12 AM
i can see TK sitting at a little table, at the end of the driveway, thats a foot off ground, selling parts/guns and repairing valves
:rofl:

It is easy to visualize thats the way he started as a business man (before paintball). He even has old pictures of his garrage-workshop on his website.

itsacaddy
07-13-2007, 01:29 AM
Will someone from AGD please put an end to this madness! Just bought a new mag yesterday. I hope they're not shutting down!

ThePixelGuru
07-13-2007, 01:42 AM
Yeah, I'm never one to think AGD is shutting down, but it'd be nice to get some official updates now and then. Y'know, so I don't have a heart attack every time they move to a basement or something.

AGDRetro
07-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Yea, if Zupe or Tom could shed some light on the subject that would be great, even bad news is better than all this speculation...

Long live AGD :cheers:

SCpoloRicker
07-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Oh Noez AGD is teh dieying!!1

turbo chicken
07-13-2007, 11:37 AM

dont even joke about it

^i'm with this guy .... it's not funny at all... i can't bring myself to joke about it... this is all to real for me ...

---------------------------------
edit ok i kid, i kid .... it was kinda funny ... sad ... but funny at the same time ... kind of laughing at a funeral...

*vows to but another mag and parts once Pug or Sergison k-frame is acquired*

JRingold
07-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Seriously, with most of the sales being through channels and the Internet, is a storefront really necessary? I mean, if Zupe wants his employees to sit in their pajamas while working, sounds like a great way to make them happy AND lower costs. Really, you need one guy who answers the phones and then calls back customers and someone to check the email and someone to run out to the insured storage facility for the parts and ship them out, or have the MFG of the parts drop ship direct. I never understood why people always wanted to hold inventory on hand. Work the deal with the suppliers so they can make runs on demand. It's the Wal-Mart way...

Besides, the basement of those houses has to be at least 1800 to 2400 square feet. That's got to be more than enough warehouse space currently.

Although I would have gone with a PO box personally so the stalkers couldn't find my house and bother me all the time. AO is the worst cult I've ever belonged to... ;) :hail:

nathanjones008
07-13-2007, 04:59 PM
a explanation from a AGD rep would be nice :clap:

Ninjeff
07-13-2007, 05:50 PM

agreed.

Im kinda worried.

peewee
07-13-2007, 07:16 PM

Come on Zupe whats the scoop! ;) How about an "Annual State of AGD Address".

nathanjones008
07-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Yes state of the union address! Its the least they can do. I think mags have the biggest fan base ever! :clap:

wjr
07-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Maybe someone ought to call them.

questionful
07-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Yes state of the union address! Its the least they can do. I think mags have the biggest fan base ever! :clap:
:spit_take

. . .

:(

flyingpootang
07-13-2007, 09:22 PM
What AGD closing down??? Quick someone sell me their SFL cheap..... :clap:

Tao
07-14-2007, 01:19 AM
Maybe someone ought to call them.

NBo one answers the phone. I have had an issue I need tech to help me with but the tech email is down along with noone answering the phone.

Ninjeff
07-14-2007, 01:23 AM
This sure did get me to thinking. Does any other company in paintball have such a large and rabid fanbase as AGD? Ive never seen a collection of people as devoted to one company. And rightly so! I am really scared that all the talk of AGD dieing may be real this time.... :(

DeTrevni
07-14-2007, 02:38 AM
^^^ Well, that's because everyone here is a fan of the mag. AGD is the only company to have produced a mag, so it only makes sense that the company has a huge fanbase.

Ninjeff
07-14-2007, 03:09 AM
^^^ Well, that's because everyone here is a fan of the mag. AGD is the only company to have produced a mag, so it only makes sense that the company has a huge fanbase.

Right, i know that. I know why people on HERE are crazy about em. But the love for AGD and automags goes beyond this site. Ive met alot of people with alot of respect for AGD. Seems there isnt too many other companies with such a high level of respect and admiration.

skipdogg
07-14-2007, 08:37 AM
If you want Tom to say something I suggest starting a new thread that includes 'TOM' in the topic. He has stated before, if you address a topic directly to him, he will answer.

Warwitch
07-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Right, i know that. I know why people on HERE are crazy about em. But the love for AGD and automags goes beyond this site. Ive met alot of people with alot of respect for AGD. Seems there isnt too many other companies with such a high level of respect and admiration.

AKA and AGD for life :headbang:

AGD
07-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Guys its pretty simple, if AGD were going out of business you could tell REALLY EASY because we would have a:
GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE, EVERYTHING MUST GO

Until you see that you can be pretty sure we are not going down the drain over night. Dave is cutting expenses, that is always a good thing. There are new things in the works all centered around AGD staying around a while.

AGD

wjr
07-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Guys its pretty simple, if AGD were going out of business you could tell REALLY EASY because we would have a:

Until you see that you can be pretty sure we are not going down the drain over night. Dave is cutting expenses, that is always a good thing. There are new things in the works all centered around AGD staying around a while.

AGD

Is it the warpfeed v2? OH GOD PLEASE TELL ME IT IS!!!

Ninjeff
07-15-2007, 01:49 AM

AGD

::speechless::

:cry:

Im so HAAAAPPPPYYYYY.

AGD
07-15-2007, 05:02 AM
Clarification:

The new '"things" are not products but financial arrangements. Stability first, sorry.

AGD

BigEvil
07-15-2007, 05:16 AM

AGD

Glad to hear. :-)

nathanjones008
07-15-2007, 07:40 AM
AGd is at least doing something! :clap: Perhaps this is a good move.( downseizing facility)hope this is the last phase of the company. :cry:

50 cal
07-15-2007, 07:45 AM
(whew) :)

insixdays777
07-15-2007, 08:22 AM
awesome...Thanks for the update Tom!

I wanta see my future kids play with a 2025 Automag! Long Live AGD.

rmg
07-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the update.

Pzippy
07-15-2007, 09:34 AM
This sure did get me to thinking. Does any other company in paintball have such a large and rabid fanbase as AGD?

Dye, because of all the "agg" kids, and PPS, since that's some good stuff too.

Ninjeff
07-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Dye, because of all the "agg" kids, and PPS, since that's some good stuff too.

Yea, but they are "flash in the pan" type fans. Here today, gone tomorrow.

AGD fans tend to stick around while.

Doobie
07-15-2007, 05:56 PM

AGD

Good to hear! I'm sorry about the Google pic. I wasn't trying to fan the flames :tard:

BTW, I just got back from Invasion of Normandy with Trina. Lots of 'Mags around! Lot's of "cool gun" comments about Trina's X-mag as well!
Long Live AGD! :hail:

Tao
07-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Clarification:

The new '"things" are not products but financial arrangements. Stability first, sorry.

AGD

Is it true that the business is at a residential address? I would hate to see the compnay down size so much to loose staff. I am pretty new to the AGD world, but I know many of those people have been there for years and I hope that their dedication can continue and they aren't out of the job.

nate2k191
07-15-2007, 07:34 PM
i know i'm a member of the fan-base because i admire AGD for making quality, innovative products, like the flatline, 6-pak, z-grip, AIR valve, sydarm, e-mag, and everything else.

also, i doubt they are moving to a residential area, they were in a huge factory, they're probably just downsizing to a 'pro-shop' sized space... or one thats just cheaper.

Tom's a smart man, he invented the mag, and studies astrology and stuff, i think he' keep AGD alive as long as we care... and he has a bit of excess time and money.

thanks tom.

Doobie
07-16-2007, 05:56 AM
also, i doubt they are moving to a residential area, they were in a huge factory, they're probably just downsizing to a 'pro-shop' sized space... or one thats just cheaper.

ummm.that's the new address off the website dude.

Tom's a smart man, he invented the mag, and studies astrology and stuff, i think he' keep AGD alive as long as we care... and he has a bit of excess time and money.

thanks tom.

TOM! Check your bank account! Someone's hacked your account :ninja: !
Now you are going to have to be careful with all that spare time and money you rich, fossil hunting playboy, you! ;)

nate2k191
07-16-2007, 08:20 AM
ummm.that's the new address off the website dude.

doh.

mr doo doo
07-16-2007, 03:58 PM
wow, i cant believe its true... well, as long as we can still get parts and such, AGD will live on!

Ninjeff
07-16-2007, 05:30 PM
CHUFF CHUFF! :cheers:

stevewar
09-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Clarification:

AGD

I'm just going to throw this out here because I love AGD; have owned and played with only 1 gun since 1993, and wouldn't trade my classic in for the world..

We all want to see AGD thrive and continue with the innovation and quality that all "maggers" have grown to love and expect out of our equipment. Now I'm farily new to this board, but I know about Tom's retirement and have read the threads about AGDs financial struggles. It's a shame to watch such a great company who values their customers and provides the best customer service in the busness, along with top quality products, be devalued by garbage markers created for the sole purpose of being sold at Wal-mart.

That said, AGD needs sales, and there is a way that all of us AO'ers can help. With the HUGE fan base, AGD needs to create an affiliate sales program so that WE can advertise for them. All those who are willing to learn how affiliate and internet marketing works for the purpose of helping AGD grow please chime in. Hopefully we can convince AGD to develop the program and grow.

If anyone from AGD reads this post, I can help with developing the program and with web site development.

please please please get in touch with me.

-Steve Warshaw

grEnAlEins
09-11-2007, 07:26 PM
My first thought is tax purposes... :confused: They used to be in Wheeling IIRC... That area (Mount Prospect, Prospect Heights, Wheeling) is mighty expensive nowadays... I live in the area, so I can tell you that land value and taxes are shooting up :cool:

BigEvil
09-11-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm just going to throw this out here because I love AGD; have owned and played with only 1 gun since 1993, and wouldn't trade my classic in for the world..

We all want to see AGD thrive and continue with the innovation and quality that all "maggers" have grown to love and expect out of our equipment. Now I'm farily new to this board, but I know about Tom's retirement and have read the threads about AGDs financial struggles. It's a shame to watch such a great company who values their customers and provides the best customer service in the busness, along with top quality products, be devalued by garbage markers created for the sole purpose of being sold at Wal-mart.

That said, AGD needs sales, and there is a way that all of us AO'ers can help. With the HUGE fan base, AGD needs to create an affiliate sales program so that WE can advertise for them. All those who are willing to learn how affiliate and internet marketing works for the purpose of helping AGD grow please chime in. Hopefully we can convince AGD to develop the program and grow.

If anyone from AGD reads this post, I can help with developing the program and with web site development.

please please please get in touch with me.

-Steve Warshaw

Dude, if you REALLY want to help AGD thrive, no, SURVIVE.. you need to

BUY MORE MAGS!!!! :cheers:

RogueFactor
09-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Dude, if you REALLY want to help AGD thrive, no, SURVIVE.. you need to

BUY MORE MAGS!!!! :cheers:

True. Upgrade the 1993 mag.

Army
09-12-2007, 12:16 AM
i
Tom's a smart man, he invented the mag, and studies astrology and stuff,.....

thanks tom.

That would be ASTRONOMY. If Tom used tarot cards to predict his future, I gotta think he would have trimmed his mustache...

/just sayin' :rofl:

Muzikman
09-12-2007, 04:02 PM
That would be ASTRONOMY. If Tom used tarot cards to predict his future, I gotta think he would have trimmed his mustache...

/just sayin' :rofl:

That is some funny poop.

Good to see you are getting on the computer quite a bit Dave! Hope things are going as well as can be expected.

hitech
09-13-2007, 07:45 PM
You guys have got to stop busting on Tom's mustache, it's giving me a complex... :wow:

:cheers: