PDA

View Full Version : Its about time for that mad speculation thread...

punkncat
07-12-2007, 08:14 PM
OK...so AGD is moving to a basement (speculation) at someones house. Tom is living in Wyoming and has intrest only in finding bones...the "new" thing is a distant memory with the current market. The factory is gone, the few small bits are being sold off and AGD is gone from the planet.

Will it really cause an issue?

I think not. There are loads of parts, valves, rails, all the stock goodies you need that can live forever if treated anything short of madly abusive. With the aftermarket buisiness' that have sprung up other parts should be available as long as there is intrest....so short of having to measure and order your own orings, what could possibly happen to make all the already made mags obsolete?

ProblemKinder
07-12-2007, 09:06 PM
but i was really excited for that '08 Mag... :rolleyes:

Jaan
07-12-2007, 09:20 PM
I have a 'Mag that needs a $1 rail bushing that I can't get from a dealer.

Jaan
07-13-2007, 01:38 AM
They are commonly available:I appreciate that...but 2 dealers isn't common, and without getting too much into it, I wanted to buy a bunch of spare parts at the same time a couple of months ago, but either a place didn't have all I needed at the time, or I just couldn't get another to finalize the deal.

So basically, I have 2 out of 3 'Mags down in need of a couple of parts, but even though I have money and can pay in a heartbeat, I just can't get it to happen...I mean, how many e-mails and PM's can you send?

It's frustrating and I've basically given up until the winter. I don't think my 13 year old 'Mag will be seeing too many more games, maybe on special occasions but that's it. I'm finally going to have to buy a more modern gun, one where I can get spare parts for from my local shop.

Jaan
07-13-2007, 07:59 PM
If you have money in hand, and are willing to pay the price to get all the parts you want contact me at rogue@roguesportz.com . If they are available, it can be done. If the parts you are looking for are out of stock or not available, there is little anyone can do for you.That's really it though, isn't it? And that's what gets back to the question the original poster asked...what will make 'Mags "obsolete"?

It's the little things besides o-rings that will do it. There's a line you cross between owning a gun that can be fixed readily and relatively inexpensively, and one that's a P.I.T.A. to keep running.

I love 'Mags, they've been my #1 semi gun since I was in my early 20's, and I'm pushing 40 now. I don't think I'd buy a new 'Mag now though...if I had $350 in hand for a semi, as a practical matter, I'd probably but something else for a "daily driver".

madcrisis
07-13-2007, 09:17 PM
this isnt a very good speculation thread :rolleyes:

Dewok82
07-13-2007, 09:32 PM
I am hoarding every single piece of Automag related gear I can get my hands on....

Most of my house is filled with Rail Bushings, Barrel Nubbins, Frame Screws, Twistlock Assemblies, Parts Kits, Sears, Vertical Adapters, and Thumb Screws. I have 23 Hyperframe Solenoids, 19 E-Mag battery chargers, and all of the valves from the Trade-In program. They were secretly routed to me from Tom Kaye in exchange for information about locations with untouched and abundant fossil preserves.

I bought every single one of Doc's Twist-Lock to Cocker adapters. I am now slowly unloading them at markups of 500% or more.

I own 48 Level-X kits, 56 ULTs, 29 ULE Bodies, and hordes of X-Mag boards with functioning ACE (and components). I also have 19 TunaBlades, 12 FireBlades, and 9 TL-63 triggers.

My current project is to corner the market on Angel threaded ball detents.

Soon, you will all call me king. :hail:

jk...I'm not worried. If we're lucky, they were bought out by KEE :tard:

Ninjeff
07-14-2007, 06:18 PM
::edit::

deleted per Tom's response in the other thread.