PDA

View Full Version : Cutting my feedneck

finnmanpa
07-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Hey everyone,

i want to cut my feedneck down to make my hoppers center of gravity closer to the gun and reduce it's profile.

I have a standard right feed neck and a VL200 X-board hopper.

I'm looking to take off about an inch off the feedneck, which will shorten the stack of balls in the feedneck. Will this make it;

Harder for my loader to keep up since I can empty the feedneck faster?

and easier for the balls to get blown up the feedneck resulting in missfeeds?

Any of you out there done this and experienced any problems, or am I just overthinking this?

rmg
07-13-2007, 12:21 PM
I use a standard feed body, cut down that the elbow just starts to cover the vent. I works good with my X-valve and 12 volt revy (no x board). I also tried it with an elbow I had made to put my Pulse hopper on it, still worked fine.
I don't know how it would work if you covered the vent. I recently bought a body cut short, (elbow covers the vent) but with just a Classic valve, I haven't really shot it fast enough to tell if the covered vent will be a problem. I let a kid use it all last weekend, and even with a level 7 bolt, he never broke paint, so take that for what its worth.
If I were to cut one down, I would want the vent to be open.... just because.

finnmanpa
07-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks RMG,

I too have the X-Valve. I was also thinking of leaving some of the hole uncovered for venting. I figured it wouldn't be a problem, just wanted to hear an opinion from someone who already did it.

Thanks again

BigEvil
07-13-2007, 01:30 PM
www.lukescustoms.com

He does a few different conversions. The offset-centerfeed one is pretty nice. If this is for your pump, it might be a good option because it would allow sighting over the top of the gun.

rmg
07-13-2007, 02:38 PM
I am going to send a body for Luke to do. I even have one sitting here just waiting till I find a spyder feedneck that will be to my liking.

athomas
07-13-2007, 05:47 PM
The level 10 solves problems of blowback so a shorter stack should be fine.