PDA

View Full Version : I Want an X-Tac

Warwitch
07-14-2007, 09:43 AM
I was thinking how sweet it would be to have an E-tac with a swapable breach like an X-mag. I love my Warp left/Qloader setup but every now and then I want to be able to just sling paint in mass quantities and lay down support. I see they have all the cad files for the X over on Xmag.com and I was just wondering what the logistical hurdles would be in having one produced? Is this a ridiculous idea?

Paintchucker
07-14-2007, 10:34 AM
A swappable breach body would be cool. Not sure if we would see one anytime soon though.

You could try a couple of adapters to get a loader on your existing warp body...

http://store.airgun.com/images/product/65.jpg

or a

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/proteam_1909_13173507

plus a

http://www.punisherspb.com/images/products/kingmanvertelbow_clr.jpg

or a

http://www.punisherspb.com/images/products/Paintball-Markers-p/pmidlx_clr.jpg

Warwitch
07-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah I have the PTP Warp adapter but its not the same. That woud put my loader in an even more obstructive location :tard:

Im not saying it should be a production item. Just that I would have an interest in funding a project if it can be done. And we all know that if one got made everybody would say "I would so buy one of those" :rolleyes:

BigEvil
07-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Well, the swapable breech idea was probably conceived back when Warps were new and not relegated to the junk pile of history.

Nowadays it seems that there is a following of Q-loader fans out there in scenario ball. So IMO a removable breech Tac body would probably make sense. Maybe not business sense though.

maniacmechanic
07-14-2007, 12:40 PM
not long ago I posed this ? ( sort of ) to Britt over at UMS . My idea was take a sluggo body & have a 2nd feedneck hole cut in the side of the slug & having a plug made with feedneck threads on it to plug the feed hole your not using .
But I don't think there is enough room on the slug to make a Tac style body (as in machining the rails as part of the body) the answer to this would be leave enough metal(a pedestal) on the slug in the areas you would want a rail
He answered with ; sorry I don't have the machining capabilities to do this , but sounds like an good idea , & gave me a link to a capable machinist .
Personally I think this is a great idea but as usual this is what it will take ;a sluggo , a shoe box (std. size) a whole bunch of 20$ bills , a very capable machinist & a lot of patience
Then take the 200$ sluggo put it in the shoe box , pack as many 20$ bills around it as you can , then send it to the machinist (whom you trust with your life ( sluggos are hard to get ))then wait till said machinist has the time to get around to this awsome but extremely time consuming project

MANN
07-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Why not just put the qloader on a vert body. Then you can change from q to std hopper very quickly.

Warwitch
07-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Why not just put the qloader on a vert body. Then you can change from q to std hopper very quickly.

Because if I wanted something blocking my view I would have bought a vert feed to begin with. I will be using the Q 75-80% of the time and I really like having an open receiver top.

Rogue: You have X-mag sluggos? The uni-body type :confused:

maddboy32
07-14-2007, 05:09 PM
warwitch, that sounds like an awesome idea. i think the reason why AGD stopped making the Xmag was because: one, it was not cheap to produce, and two, the tolerances around the breach left very little room for mistakes. (as you could imagine) that will be the almighty problem that you or your mill-man will have to overcome.

me, i would like to say its not impossible........just highly expensive :cry:

oh, and yes, i would be very interested.

angrysasquatch
07-14-2007, 05:13 PM
What about basically milling a rectangular section out of the feedneck area and putting in an X-breech? You will probably have to mill some more and install some parts (I've never looked closely at an X-breech) to keep the section in.

FiXeL
07-14-2007, 07:44 PM
There's more to it than just milling a slot out of a slug body.... Xmag bodies do not have a rail, and that is for a very good reason. Since the interchangable breeches take out most of the structural strength out of the body, the rail and body have to be made as one. You could do this making one out of a slug body, but better be carefull where your barrel lands if you decide to make a dive into the next bunker. :D

angrysasquatch
07-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Well, if the x-breech is in, they fit tightly from what I hear, so it can't bend upward, and the rail is keeping it from bending downward. A quarter inch of material left on the body should be able to hold it. I suppose a real X-breech would be too tall to leave any body material, just basically use the same idea and leave a bit of material below the hole for the paintballs.

Warwitch
07-15-2007, 08:05 AM
Keep the ideas coming. I really want to pursue this. I was actually thinking about a rotating breach. One that could go from left, to vert, to right feed.

FiXeL
07-15-2007, 10:07 AM
X breeches fit fairly loose, it drops right in and has some play that you remove by tightening the barrel. A rotating feedneck would be a nice idea, and can surely be done. But the only problem will be locking it into place.

maddboy32
07-16-2007, 12:30 PM
you thinking about making the extra hole in the breech, a super large ball detent, with angel threads???? :spit_take ???

why don't you buy a raw breech and mill the bottom off as far as you can that way it might fit on the body after you cut a slot?

Warwitch
07-16-2007, 01:34 PM
you thinking about making the extra hole in the breech, a super large ball detent, with angel threads???? :spit_take ???

why don't you buy a raw breech and mill the bottom off as far as you can that way it might fit on the body after you cut a slot?

Yeah, Ive been trying to find a way around the detent issue with a rotating breech. Im not sure I follow what you mean about milling the bottom of the breech though :confused:

mstrdbz
07-16-2007, 02:18 PM
There was a company that made rotating breaches for the DM3/Gen E trix, seen here:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/mstrdbz/matrixbreach.jpg
And IIRC they used a rubber nubbin that seated in the breach without the need for a cap.

Is there any reason why you couldn't use the barrel to hold the rotating breach in place, like on the x mag?

Warwitch
07-19-2007, 07:53 AM
Thats pretty slick. How does the detent clear when the breech is rotated 90* though :confused:

angrysasquatch
07-19-2007, 10:18 AM
I know my DM4 had those rubber nubbin detents he spoke of. They don't need anything backing them up, they just went in the hole. Very low profile, they'd be perfect for that. They were also insanely cheap to replace..

mstrdbz
07-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Thats pretty slick. How does the detent clear when the breech is rotated 90* though :confused:

The detent seats in the hole. It's hard to tell from the pics but the detent would seat inside the hole on the outside. IIRC the detents had a little ridge on them, and when you pushed them into place, the ridge would pop out on the inside of the breach to keep it in place.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/mstrdbz/matrixbreach2.jpg
This was the best pic I could find, notice the the detent is recessed into the breach

Warwitch
07-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Seeing it on the marker helps me visualize what you meant. The rubber nubbins sound like a great idea. I guess you could make them out of different durometers (sp?) of rubber for variable resistance since you cant adjust them.