PDA

View Full Version : Bone Daddy gt question???

Noobie
07-14-2007, 05:43 PM
I just got it and it doesn't shoot like a semi. I have to pull the cocking knob every time i want it to shoot. ANd it shoots with little velocity. I got it for $50 bucks. Is there a simple fix, or should i scrap it and buy something new??? Oh yeah, I'm just gettin into this whole paintball thing, don't know too much. P.S. i can get a sheridan XTS for $50 also, is that a good buy???

Noobie
07-14-2007, 07:02 PM
no one wants to help??? I just need a little advice.

Chaos_Theory!
07-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Never even heard of it, im guessing its some kind of spyder clone though. Id suggest not spending money on really cheap guns and buy something decent. I wouldnt drop any money on a sheriden xts or w/e it is.

TnDeathInc
07-14-2007, 08:24 PM
I thoguth you were asking for stygshore's help lol.

cdc120602
07-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Scrap it and buy a Classic Mag. They're going on ebay for under $100. They're not the fastest marker on the market, but they're extremely reliable and IF it breaks down, you should be able to have it up and running again in about 5 minutes...WITH NO TOOLS! I had mine out at the local field and an entire speedball team gathered around and asked me what it was... I got the whole "Wow! I've never seen one of these in person!" thing. Jaws hit the ground when I field stripped it without a single tool. I'm not trying to downplay any other markers, but for the money I have invested in my marker, it has been awesome!

My $0.02 worth.

maniacmechanic
07-14-2007, 09:36 PM
First off welcome to AO & Paintball
2nd Come On guys he said he was a new guy , he should be met with encouragment
3rd try to fix what ya got to start ; do ya have enough air (or co2) is your bottle screwed ALL the way in , check the simple stuff first IF it is a Spyder clone you can go here http://www.kingman.com/ and find most of the answers about these markers if ya can't find it there , ask the guy's at the field , probley at least 1/2 of us here started with this type of marker
THEN when your hooked on paintball come back here & look for a marker just remember to bring your wallet ; I started with a 68 Classic now i've got 8 mags from pumps to an E-Mag

StygShore
07-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Oil is your friend,,, put oil in any part you see somethign moving in, and try cycling it, then check to see ift he spring has been cut ( sharp point instead of nice coiled ends )

I would suggest picking up a madman spring kit for it so you will never have to cut springs to get proper velocity.

Make sure the bumper in the hammer chamber is Behind the hammer,a nd not in front, I have see a lot of guns get thrown in the trash because the owners put them together wrong.

Make sure there is not teflon tape clogging your airlines.

Let us know how it turns out, there area few more old school spyder tricks we can try if it doesnt work for you.

Styg