PDA

View Full Version : To be like this again.....

punkncat
07-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Played some true semi "mechanical" style at the field Sat. It was great fun. There is a pretty decent size group of guys who come out with Tippys, Clones, and a few cockers. There were a few of us that had only or were forced to switch to electronics, but it was true semi, one finger one ball at a time play(no walking).
There were few enough people that the ref grabbed a rental and joined in. Everyone was calling there own hits...actually pausing the game to check one another. I was actually calling myself on bounces just to be sure, as were others. It was the truest game I have played in years.

I really miss playing like that.

JaKaL
07-15-2007, 09:48 PM
so play like that all the time?

JH_
07-15-2007, 09:53 PM
It is hard to do with many players in today's world.

behemoth
07-15-2007, 10:16 PM
so play like that all the time?

but, you're jakal norris, you make people play fair in fear.

wetwrks
07-15-2007, 10:56 PM
It is hard to do with many players in today's world.

This is why I play mostly with friends and family. We occassionally invite others. They don't know it but we are giving them a trial and we discuss later about asking them to come back.

robnix
07-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Played some true semi "mechanical" style at the field Sat. It was great fun. There is a pretty decent size group of guys who come out with Tippys, Clones, and a few cockers. There were a few of us that had only or were forced to switch to electronics, but it was true semi, one finger one ball at a time play(no walking).
There were few enough people that the ref grabbed a rental and joined in. Everyone was calling there own hits...actually pausing the game to check one another. I was actually calling myself on bounces just to be sure, as were others. It was the truest game I have played in years.

The field I frequent is like that. I watched a guy last weekend follow the other team around so he could apologize to a player he overshot.

mr doo doo
07-15-2007, 11:15 PM
man, is this thread soooo true. i just went paintballing today with my mag, and its so hard to play speedball with a bunch of others using egos and ions and blah blah blah. even my friend is using his mechanical autococker (but he usually uses his eblade) and felt how it must be to play back in the days (and how i play every time with my mag).

but anyways, yea, i try to play private games with friends, or little noobies since they all have tippmans. other than that, i just get pooped on during speedball.

DevilMan
07-15-2007, 11:23 PM
I feel ya!!!!

I got invited after the first time at a field to come back for an Invite Only game and it was PUMP only.... So I took my AC pump and went up with the GF... Got there and one of the guys said, "Pick one and go have fun!!" I was like WTF!!!! He had no fewer than 12 pumps there. From Mag pumps to Sheridans to Snipers to a Palmers pump.... I was floored!!! WOOO HOOO!!! Talk about taste testing!!!! The GF got her pick and I got my pick while he tweaked on my AC to get it sweetspotted. He got it lined out and I stuck with it the rest of the day... But everyone played right, played fair. We were kudo'ing each other on the good shots that were made and the snazzy moves that ya gotta go for when ya have 1 pump one shot.... :D Hell, I had so much fun I even turned Ramping mode off of the Phantom!!!! :rofl:

We had a great time. Got one of the guys on the knuckle and the ref was like can't see it... he said, "I can, he hit me, I'm out" :D Great guys to play with....

Anywho.... yeah to play like that all the time is what paintball should be... If you wanna play tourney/speedball 50 trillion BPS's then fine... Just do it against others with the same :shooting: But I think a fair fight is when everyone comes down to the lowest denominator.

You can't shoot but 8 BPS then I'll try not to shoot but 8 BPS....

A fair fight is a fun fight and is a greater victory to me than "mowing down noobs" That's just weak...

Just my .02

DM

mr doo doo
07-15-2007, 11:38 PM
^^ that seems like a dream game man. i wish people around my area could be as honest and caring...

d4m4don3
07-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Keep playing pump, most folks are pretty honest when they play. Although it is bringing in some agg kiddy converts but they soon tend to learn to tow the line.

Dewok82
07-16-2007, 06:49 AM
One of the best times I've had playing Paintball was a few games we played a couple of weeks ago.

Mech only hopper ball (1 hopper only, no pods).

The games were surprisingly intense with lots of movement and more skillful shooting.

It reminded me of the good old days...not to mention I didn't go through multiple cases of paint. I would LOVE to see a mech only tournament scene. Unfortunately, I doubt we could

Tac-OneFun
07-16-2007, 10:08 AM

That's pretty much every weekend at Paintball Charleston.

FiXeL
07-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Keep playing pump, most folks are pretty honest when they play. Although it is bringing in some agg kiddy converts but they soon tend to learn to tow the line.

True that... We usually play with mechs, but one time we had a load of pumps and a few willing players and we did a pump only game. Even tho i suck at it i loved it!! :headbang: You can't play with firepower anymore, just your witts.

Offcourse i got owned by the guys that always play pump, but its fun to do!