PDA

View Full Version : Lens Color

robnix
07-16-2007, 05:03 PM
I play using a clear lens. Are there any benefits to using other colors, like amber?

ProblemKinder
07-16-2007, 05:08 PM
they look cool.

drg
07-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Certains colors, such as amber, increase contrast in low light, which helps pick out shapes and targets, and helps you sense movement. I used an amber lens for years for woodsball. It's pretty good. But it's pretty crazy in full sunlight!

Ninjeff
07-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Amber actually really helps. For reasons stated above. I love em.

Tinted, for sunny days. Colors to look cool.

mr doo doo
07-16-2007, 05:25 PM
clear for overall play. i use mirror for speedball because it keeps the sun from going into your eyes, it and just looks hella cool with my profilers :) .

drg
07-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Do note that all colors, including amber, block some of the light out and act as a tint in that regard. However with contrast-improving colors, it often seems like it makes things brighter.

sixtoes1313
07-16-2007, 05:43 PM
I play mostly woodsball and use amber and WOW does it brighten up everything. Especially when its one of those cloudy days or getting later in the evening. They look pretty cool give benefits to my game, and block out a bit of bright sunlight. I dont like tinted that much though. I feel the dull down everything too much. I have amber/black tint/clear on my avatar and i havent used anything except the amber since i bought it. Well worth $20.

DaFin
07-16-2007, 05:56 PM
I use tinted thermals and have only used them for a long while now. I HATE bright light and there is little to no cover at *most* of the fields in So Cal.

And I could really care less if people can see my eyes so it's not that Cool Hand Luke/Walkin' Boss thing.

nevtangle
07-16-2007, 07:07 PM
I use tinted thermals and have only used them for a long while now. I HATE bright light and there is little to no cover at *most* of the fields in So Cal.

And I could really care less if people can see my eyes so it's not that Cool Hand Luke/Walkin' Boss thing.
Same here, really bright at the fields so I use the mirror tinted lenses.

StygShore
07-16-2007, 09:02 PM
I use Amber lenses, or before someone trashed my Protos my favorites were the gradient yellow fade they were darker tinted yellow at the top and faded down to lighter tinted yellow at the bottom, so I was good in bright light, and could lift my head a little if I got into the shadows and needed more visability.

The amber/yellow really makes light colors stand out, so if opposing players have on white, yellow, pink, or orange, anything like that you can see it easier in my opinion.

Anyone remember the true amber lenses from Vents long ago? they were more of a polorized orangeish brown lense, and WOW did they make things crips in the low light conditions.

The Smoke lenses while nice in super bright conditions render you almost blind in a dimly lit indoor field, or when you get into heavy tree cover and no sun is comign through.

Fade Yellow Gradient
http://www.werdnahol.com/WHS%20PICS/PROTO%20SWITCH%20YELLOW%20FADE%20THERMAL.JPG

True Amber
http://www.werdnahol.com/WHS%20PICS/PROTO%20SWITCH%20AMBER%20SINGLR.JPG

Anyone try the Gold mirror lenses from V-force yet? I want to know what color they are tinted looking out of them.

Styg

RA1N1ER
07-16-2007, 09:40 PM
I recently bought the Vforce lense that are photochromatic..... they change from clear to tinted (which you have a choice of color) in bright and changes back in low light....I've only played with them once and I like them. I noticed the difference right away since I normally use clear lenses (IMO... it helps)

StygShore
07-16-2007, 09:44 PM
was hoping for photochromatic for the Grillz, but they are not available yet

Styg

robnix
07-16-2007, 10:58 PM
was hoping for photochromatic for the Grillz, but they are not available yet

Styg

Excellent, thanks for all the input. I'm going to order an amber lens for my Morph to go with the Clear lens I have.

CaliMagFan
07-16-2007, 11:20 PM
i think that you get a mental edge when your opponent cant see your eyes before the game. for that and other reasons i like to use the mirrored thermal lenses on my flex 7. i think it's also effective with the ladies cause you look all dark and mysterious/ hardcore with the mask on. then you tilt the mask up and hit em with a cute smile and some bright blue eyes- they go nuts for that stuff. i wish the overall quality of the current JT spectra lenses was better, well to be more specific, the thermal lenses. they are much cheaper now than 10 or so years ago.

here's to paintball-

crewbe
07-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Anyone try the Gold mirror lenses from V-force yet? I want to know what color they are tinted looking out of them.

Styg

ive used them all last season. the color looking out is tinted just like a set of regular mirror or tinted lenses.