PDA

View Full Version : concept body milled!...tell me what you think

Xmagterror
07-16-2007, 05:22 PM
I thought i would drop in and show you guys what i have been up to. The body in this picture is far from being done. the detents are in the wrong spot and a bunch of other stuff.....it was milled on a scrap part from another automag project. its just a concept body so i could have something to show you guys. I will be cutting the rest of the concept bodies on 1.5" solid aluminum bar stock.

my designer and i came up with this idea...its a new twist on the chord design.

need your guys input on this. we have some other ideas of how we could redo it. we plan on slimming it down and maybe changing the cone pattern. the picture just does not do this body justice...you really need to see it up close.

We plan on putting in some hours on the design and CAM work this week to try to knock the 1st design out.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x291/bridgemach90/DSC01274.jpg

mr doo doo
07-16-2007, 05:28 PM
personally, its just a little too much for my taste. looks like jelly rolls of a fat person, you know what i mean? but other than that, it seems alright.

i swear i saw a body almost like this on zazzoo's gun...

Ninjeff
07-16-2007, 05:28 PM
I like it so far. I dig it.

Whats the weight?

Keep the pics coming!

zazzoo
07-16-2007, 05:29 PM
I thought i would drop in and show you guys what i have been up to. The body in this picture is far from being done. the detents are in the wrong spot and a bunch of other stuff.....it was milled on a scrap part from another automag project. its just a concept body so i could have something to show you guys. I will be cutting the rest of the concept bodies on 1.5" solid aluminum bar stock.

my designer and i came up with this idea...its a new twist on the chord design.

need your guys input on this. we have some other ideas of how we could redo it. we plan on slimming it down and maybe changing the cone pattern. the picture just does not do this body justice...you really need to see it up close.

We plan on putting in some hours on the design and CAM work this week to try to knock the 1st design out.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x291/bridgemach90/DSC01274.jpg

Looks great glad to see you came through :cheers:

Madmarx
07-16-2007, 05:29 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOH!!
I like it.
Nice job!
Did I help with that idea?

zazzoo
07-16-2007, 05:31 PM
personally, its just a little too much for my taste. looks like jelly rolls of a fat person, you know what i mean? but other than that, it seems alright.

yea its similar to the chord v2s
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/6/17718114356.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5813200)http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/6/17500414483.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5786093)

SummaryJudgement
07-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Keep the pics coming :D

mag_lover05
07-16-2007, 05:38 PM

you insulting fatty's now? theres a ton of us on AO... your screwed :ninja:

:rofl:

i personally like it... anything custom looks sweet to me, its not average run of the mill stuff.

sixtoes1313
07-16-2007, 05:41 PM
I like it a lot. If its affordable ill pick one up.

ProblemKinder
07-16-2007, 05:42 PM

i personally like it... anything custom looks sweet to me, its not average run of the mill stuff.

was "run of the mill" supposed to be a clever play on words? :clap:

mag_lover05
07-16-2007, 05:44 PM
was "run of the mill" supposed to be a clever play on words? :clap:

yes... for catching it heres 3 dacing 'nanas

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Xmagterror
07-16-2007, 05:52 PM
thanks for the support guys...i just wish you guys could see it in person.

what do you guys think of the cone design on the front of the body? keep it or change it (and if so, to what?)

I cant and wont give an answer on price yet....its just too early for me to do that.

we decided that these bodies will not be run on our mazak machining center because we have some contract jobs....we are looking into buying a different machine to just run all the custom paintgun bodies.

I really hope to have bodies ready to sell by the end of AUG., or by the latest mid fall.
I am going on vacation for 2 weeks and i will pick back up on everything when i return.

MANN
07-16-2007, 05:56 PM
looks like jelly rolls of a fat person.

Im fat. well sorta. depends on who you ask. Regardless

I LIKE IT.

:cheers:

TnDeathInc
07-16-2007, 06:09 PM
i like it

:dance: :dance: :dance: :headbang:

Ninjeff
07-16-2007, 06:26 PM
i would like to see a better transision from the two parts.

zipity_Bop
07-16-2007, 06:30 PM
what do you guys think of the cone design on the front of the body? keep it or change it (and if so, to what?)

The back half looks amazing and it really cam out well but the front doesn't flow to well.... I
would personally like to see one with a dallara front end because the lines are so smooth and it would lead it self into the chordish rear you have on their....

I cant and wont give an answer on price yet....its just too early for me to do that.

Free..... :D

BigEvil
07-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Chord V1

http://www.bigevilonline.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/normal_red%20thing.jpg

Madmarx
07-16-2007, 06:41 PM
WOW Big that's sweet!!!!
sell the body ?

zazzoo
07-16-2007, 06:44 PM
WOW Big that's sweet!!!!
sell the body ?
bringing back memories isnt it? :p

Don Carnage
07-16-2007, 06:58 PM
It looks like a good start.

Once you're done with this design....I need someone to make my ULE minimag. :)

mr doo doo
07-16-2007, 07:05 PM

HAHAHAAHAHAH, nononoon, im fat myself, just thought i joke with myself, but then i forgot everyone on AO is quite large themselves. hahaha, didnt mean any harm. fat for life!

going_home
07-16-2007, 07:11 PM
You'd probably get your but in some lawyers sling if you made an exact copy of the Chord V2
but that was my favorite DW body.
I do like what you have done there, the front is certainly different.
Glad to see you making progress.

;)

Xmagterror
07-16-2007, 07:17 PM
we never set out to copy anyones design. we just wanted to put out a cool chord body as our 1st design. I have no idea what the 2nd design is going to be. It may come later this year (by christmas i hope).

BigEvil
07-16-2007, 07:25 PM
WOW Big that's sweet!!!!
sell the body ?

Not mine, just had the pic on the computer.

going_home
07-16-2007, 07:35 PM
we never set out to copy anyones design. we just wanted to put out a cool chord body as our 1st design. I have no idea what the 2nd design is going to be. It may come later this year (by christmas i hope).

Looking forward to it.

:bounce:

zazzoo
07-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Not mine, just had the pic on the computer.
yea i believe that was the same chord he once owned has same rail and every thing
just didnt think he noticed it

PsychoBaller
07-16-2007, 09:19 PM
XmagTerror: While I give you a thumbs up for effort, you get a thumbs down on creativity. As it's been previously stated, your test body looks to similar to the Chord Bodies...

Show us something new!

-baller

mostpeople
07-16-2007, 09:23 PM
I dont like it honestly

its too angular. The appeal of say the chord, or any of the other custom bodies is the curves.. imho

DaFin
07-16-2007, 09:46 PM
Looks to me too much like a marital aid. If it had veins..... Sorry to trounce on your ego like that. You posses machining skill beyond mine. But as for looks, I prefer long and flowing like Delara's, not ribbed for her pleasure.

Ninjeff
07-16-2007, 09:55 PM
could you do some type of "dragon scale" thing instead?
I like it. But it does resemble a Chord body.

Still, i can only imagine how hard it is to come up with something uber unique when you just have a "tube" of metal.

Dewok82
07-16-2007, 09:58 PM
You made a ULE-style cocker-threaded Automag body. That is awesome. Thank you and I hope you continue to design and experiment. I am jealous of your milling skills and equipment.

That being said, it does look like a Chord. Chord's are nice, but I've never been a fan. Personally, I'd love to see an almost SFL-like ULE body. I'm a big fan of the "All Business, no frills" look.

Keep up the great work. No one else (to my knowledge) is doing anything revolutionary with BODIES (props to the fellows turning out new frames).

Empyreal Rogue
07-16-2007, 11:21 PM
I like the Chord's better, imo. The ripples are too rounded off on your prototype, and I prefer the sharper look of the V1.

Then on the V2s the ripples look like waves, which just makes it flow (*rimshot*) better with any setup.

But that's just my opinion. And clearly I'm in the minority here. What I'd like to see is something completely original. If only the compy I have my CAD program on had a working internet connection... Stupid lightning storm. :(

rawbutter
07-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Nice job XMT.

It's just great to see a new body coming out.

Now... is this going to be made to AGD specs? :p

behemoth
07-17-2007, 12:37 PM
yea its similar to the chord v2s
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/6/17718114356.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5813200)http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/6/17500414483.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5786093)

Whoever has that tyson machado rail, i hate you.

phizz
07-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Well its nice that somebody actually did something more then just showing us all one of those stupid CAD drawings or whatever they are.

WAY TO GO XMAGTERROR! :headbang:

phizz
07-17-2007, 02:24 PM
i forgot everyone on AO is quite large themselves.

So what are you calling me fat now! Keep digging mr doo doo :ninja:

j/k

Xmagterror,

The body looks awsome but like some of the other guys a smoother transition from the front to back would be cool, not sure what you could do about that, all in all I do have to say it still looks great.

zazzoo
07-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Whoever has that tyson machado rail, i hate you.
hmm i wonder who has that rail :rolleyes:
Couldnt be me or could it? :ninja:

Jaan
07-17-2007, 02:52 PM
looks like jelly rolls of a fat person.

Looks to me too much like a marital aid. If it had veins.....ribbed for her pleasure.

Jesus...am I the only one who looks at a paintball gun and sees a paintball gun? Freud would have a field day with this bunch...

Make it look like boobies and it will sell like hotcakes. :D

behemoth
07-17-2007, 05:54 PM
hmm i wonder who has that rail :rolleyes:
Couldnt be me or could it? :ninja:

Between you and Going_Home, i'm going looting down in FLA....

Madmarx
07-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Between you and Going_Home, i'm going looting down in FLA....

Hey you could buy cyber's place!
Maybe that way he'd have more time to make cool stuff. :headbang:

SummaryJudgement
07-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Jesus...am I the only one who looks at a paintball gun and sees a paintball gun? Freud would have a field day with this bunch...

Make it look like boobies and it will sell like hotcakes. :D

:clap: :rofl:

mag_lover05
07-17-2007, 07:01 PM
HAHAHAAHAHAH, nononoon, im fat myself, just thought i joke with myself, but then i forgot everyone on AO is quite large themselves. hahaha, didnt mean any harm. fat for life!

the :rofl: was cuz we fat people pwn noobs.

seriously...why are all the fat guys good at shooting?

Toll
07-17-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm pretty sure I've seen something like that on the adult toy sites...

Great thinking, maybe it'll draw women to the sport.

ThePixelGuru
07-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Cool, good to see some development for new 'mag parts and stuff. But, like other people have said, you can make any body you want... Why try to make the Chord v3? Do something different! Whatever you decide to do, though, keep posting pictures. Nice work. :cheers:

Xmagterror
07-17-2007, 09:35 PM
the thing with body designs is you simply cannot please everyone and i have known that since day one of this project. I always loved chord style paintball designs so thats why i wanted to do a chord for the 1st body.

The next pictures will be of a finished body and i should be ready to sell at that time. As for price...its too early. You guys will be able to send in your slugs to have them milled or have your body milled out of one of my in house made slugs (quality is very high and price is better).

oh and dont even get me started on "AGD SPECS". LOL

Draken
07-17-2007, 09:42 PM
XT, looking great man, not my favorite design by any means but still looks good, and I'm also glad a local is doing something like this :) Keep up the great work!

mr doo doo
07-18-2007, 12:03 AM
the :rofl: was cuz we fat people pwn noobs.

seriously...why are all the fat guys good at shooting?

because we just post it up in one spot and shoot! move? no need to move when you are mowing them down! that is what fat people do, right? well, at least i do... :D

esus...am I the only one who looks at a paintball gun and sees a paintball gun? Freud would have a field day with this bunch...

Make it look like boobies and it will sell like hotcakes.

HAHAHAHA, i would definitely buy it!

xmagterror: i cant wait to see it all finished and stuff! good luck!

cougar20th
07-19-2007, 08:04 AM
The reason you see alot of CAD model pictures is that those pictures only take time. And dont even need to be correct to have something look good. The only loss here is the time it takes to make the files.

To actually mill a body means that you have to first have correct CAD files, You have to have the material. Which costs money. Then you have the mill time. Mill time equals money to any machine shop.

Thats why so many cad pictures exist but not milled parts. That along with the fact many schools have CAD programs for any student to use. Not many will allow students near machines without proper training.

MedicDVG
07-19-2007, 08:36 AM
...oh and dont even get me started on "AGD SPECS". LOL

Unfortunately I would think that this would be one of the most important points. I mean a new body design is great, but I am not going to shell out hundreds of dollars for a body that doesn't perform under the same tolerances as an AGD body. That was the problem with the IT bodies, at least some of them, and they mostly went away. As was made very clear in your AGD slug sale threads and subsequent controversy, I think that issue needs to be put to bed prior to selling any 'home made' slugs.

I am intrigued to see a finished body, anodized, and mounted on a a rail.

May I suggest that you look into something similar to what DW does and mill a slug/rail combination? That would be really cool. Otherwise you end up with an artistic body design on a plank, which to me can look very awkward.

AirAssault
07-19-2007, 08:40 AM
I have a slug I am more than happy to send ya. Hack it up, do what you will, if I can use it cool, if not, Ill have a cool paper weight. It is an AGD slug but it is not a long one. It is the size of the ULE bodies. If you want it, Shoot me your addy, Ill get it out.

CoolHand
07-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Unfortunately I would think that this would be one of the most important points. I mean a new body design is great, but I am not going to shell out hundreds of dollars for a body that doesn't perform under the same tolerances as an AGD body. That was the problem with the IT bodies, at least some of them, and they mostly went away. As was made very clear in your AGD slug sale threads and subsequent controversy, I think that issue needs to be put to bed prior to selling any 'home made' slugs.

I am intrigued to see a finished body, anodized, and mounted on a a rail.

May I suggest that you look into something similar to what DW does and mill a slug/rail combination? That would be really cool. Otherwise you end up with an artistic body design on a plank, which to me can look very awkward.

I think he was speaking towards the fact that some people will come tromping in here shortly to insinuate that his bodies suck by default because something isn't exactly identical to the AGD slug, regardless if it effects the performance or not. Some dimensions are important, some are arbitrary, and it doesn't take an actual rocket scientist to figure out which is which. If you've ever fabricated mechanical components before, and you're familiar with Mags, the important stuff is readily apparent to you right away. To jump onto a single dimension (such as the length of the external valve hood) and harp as though it is the make or break operator of the device is quite simplistic, and more or less retarded.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again - Any machinist worth his safety glasses has all the tools and know how to accurately reproduce ANY AGD part for fit and function, and most machinists could look at the device and make superficial changes to the design that would in no way effect the function of the device, but make it easier to fabricate or achieve some other design objective of their own.

This stuff isn't magic, and it certainly isn't impossible. So don't let anyone else tell you different, especially when they're just trying to cock block this dudes sales.

Keep on truckin' duder, I don't care much for the look of that design, but you're actually doing something that many before have made rumblings about, but only one other has ever pulled off. Bully to you, and double if you prove all the nay sayers wrong by creating an affordable and functional non-AGD slug to cut them out of.

SCpoloRicker
07-19-2007, 01:28 PM
CoolHand:

Bu-bu-but Tolerances!!1 ;)

warbeak2099
07-19-2007, 01:32 PM
CoolHand:

Bu-bu-but Tolerances!!1 ;)

Lol

/not sayn any namez

thomas
07-19-2007, 08:46 PM
I think he was speaking towards the fact that some people will come tromping in here shortly to insinuate that his bodies suck by default because something isn't exactly identical to the AGD slug, regardless if it effects the performance or not. Some dimensions are important, some are arbitrary, and it doesn't take an actual rocket scientist to figure out which is which. If you've ever fabricated mechanical components before, and you're familiar with Mags, the important stuff is readily apparent to you right away. To jump onto a single dimension (such as the length of the external valve hood) and harp as though it is the make or break operator of the device is quite simplistic, and more or less retarded.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again - Any machinist worth his safety glasses has all the tools and know how to accurately reproduce ANY AGD part for fit and function, and most machinists could look at the device and make superficial changes to the design that would in no way effect the function of the device, but make it easier to fabricate or achieve some other design objective of their own.

This stuff isn't magic, and it certainly isn't impossible. So don't let anyone else tell you different, especially when they're just trying to cock block this dudes sales.

Keep on truckin' duder, I don't care much for the look of that design, but you're actually doing something that many before have made rumblings about, but only one other has ever pulled off. Bully to you, and double if you prove all the nay sayers wrong by creating an affordable and functional non-AGD slug to cut them out of.

I actually got the mysterious QC Tech to admit that certain areas of a design are not of critical tolerance but, surprisingly, his tears have washed that thread out of existance. :cry: :D

The design isn't my cup of tea either but, at least you're trying to come up with new stuff. Maybe you could steal a design from CCM, people on AO really seem to like it when you do that. :ninja: ;)

flyingpootang
07-19-2007, 10:33 PM
The best part is your not letting anyone get you down and you have madd skills on your milling machine. As for the body it looks like you cut into the feedneck area too much to hold a hopper reliably and the transition of the 2 sections designs are s too far apart from each other so it dosen't blend well. I think your on the right path and I can't wait to see a completed product. Maybe a one piece body/rail would be good start.....

warbeak2099
07-20-2007, 09:27 AM
his tears have washed that thread out of existance. :cry: :D

That seems to happen quite often.

On topic, I think this is great. Not so hot about the design towards the front of the body, but what you're doing is cool. Try and look at bodies on newer guns that are coming out to get a sense of what style is in right now.

rkjunior303
07-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Coolhand <3

BigEvil
07-20-2007, 05:14 PM

http://www.geocities.com/stimpysvideotrading/bandb.jpg

HEheHEHEHEHEhe-HE said "Cock block" HEHEHEHEHE-HE-HE HE

Xmagterror
07-21-2007, 02:20 PM
when i get the mill running bodies in production you will have the option of either sending me your slug or having the body milled on one of our in house slugs.

other designs will be put out later but they all depend on the sucess of the 1st. we dont expect to please everyone with the chord design but i think its a good start.

Siress
07-22-2007, 01:45 PM
I like it...but it's close to page 3 and no one has said it yet, so I feel obligated....

Did you or your designer work in the 'adult' industry? :p And who's pleasure is it intended for any way? Perhaps the players in your area are bigger a-holes than the ones here...I've never needed more than a 10" barrel, even with a running start, strong swing, and pin-point accuracy. :D