PDA

View Full Version : A better QLoader Loader

robnix
07-16-2007, 08:02 PM
After spending last Saturday night preloading QPods and getting frustrated at my Q Loader Silo, I started thinking there must be a better way to load my Q Pods. Today, I found it, it's my HALO B. That force feed goodness keeps a nice steady pressure on the paint as you turn the crank. One thickness of electrical tape and it sits perfectly in the Q Crank. You have to turn off the HALO. or pull it when you're swapping pods, but that's the only real issue I ran into.

I'm sure someone else has thought of this, but just in case you're like me and you haven't, I thought I'd share.

d4m4don3
07-16-2007, 08:27 PM
After spending last Saturday night preloading QPods and getting frustrated at my Q Loader Silo, I started thinking there must be a better way to load my Q Pods. Today, I found it, it's my HALO B. That force feed goodness keeps a nice steady pressure on the paint as you turn the crank. One thickness of electrical tape and it sits perfectly in the Q Crank. You have to turn off the HALO. or pull it when you're swapping pods, but that's the only real issue I ran into.

I'm sure someone else has thought of this, but just in case you're like me and you haven't, I thought I'd share.

I think I saw zak doing that when he was doing the speed tests on the rt mag. I'm sure it made things much easier. I've seen the way q-pods have to be loaded and is the one reason I never went for the system.

robnix
07-16-2007, 09:41 PM
I think I saw zak doing that when he was doing the speed tests on the rt mag. I'm sure it made things much easier. I've seen the way q-pods have to be loaded and is the one reason I never went for the system.

The one bad design piece is the Silo. It simply doesn't feed paint smoothly down, you have to shake it to get it through the feed hose. Not easy when you're a one man loading crew.

originalspyderxtra
07-17-2007, 12:29 AM
my driend taped a piece of hose to a vl200 and just taped it while loading pods, i usually help hin thouhg, which reminds me i have to sell him my revvy so i get some extra cash from something ill never use again.

d4m4don3
07-17-2007, 01:02 AM
you'll find yourself using that revvy when the pump bug bites ya :D

jenarelJAM
07-17-2007, 03:56 AM
Psh... 10 rnd tubes for pump

DeTrevni
07-17-2007, 04:50 AM
Psh... 10 rnd tubes for pump

That's the point. It's easier to load 10rd tubes with a Revvy! :D

Warwitch
07-17-2007, 07:24 AM
Just a note. Halo works much better than the Empire loader. The sound activation is actually a hinderance since there is no "pop" from a marker to keep it feeding, I found it very frustrating.

I saw a guy on PBN a while ago that had a stand rigged up to hold his Halo with about a foot of tubing running down so he didnt have to hold it upright.

EDIT: Here is one mod I found but it dosent look like it would work as well as the stand idea. Its nice to have enough tubing to make sure you dont get any voids.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1193/qhoppercf1.jpg

robnix
07-17-2007, 08:00 AM
Just a note. Halo works much better than the Empire loader. The sound activation is actually a hinderance since there is no "pop" from a marker to keep it feeding, I found it very frustrating.

I saw a guy on PBN a while ago that had a stand rigged up to hold his Halo with about a foot of tubing running down so he didnt have to hold it upright.

EDIT: Here is one mod I found but it dosent look like it would work as well as the stand idea. Its nice to have enough tubing to make sure you dont get any voids.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1193/qhoppercf1.jpg

That's exactly what I did with the HALO. Because of the force feed, it worked very well even without the hose.

Warwitch
07-17-2007, 08:50 AM
Now all you have left to do is hook up the drive socket to an electric screwdriver and bam! :headbang:

DevilMan
07-17-2007, 09:06 AM
I LOVE YOU!!!!!

:D

Damn I hated loading Q Pods!!!! I read this last night and loaded and unloaded a pod like 5 times... just to try it.... I set it up like the pic with my VLocity on it... worked perfectly, no voids, super smooth... Just hook it up, turn it on, turn the crank and turn off the hopper... like 7 balls fall out after you remove the pod... just catch em in the cap, pop em back in the hopper and do the next pod!!!!

WOW!!!! Now I will be using my Q loader ALOT more often!!!

Thanx guys for sharin the info!!!

DM :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Chaos_Theory!
07-17-2007, 09:13 AM
People have been doing that for a really long time. ;)

Empyreal Rogue
07-17-2007, 09:24 AM
When the q-loader was first released I thought about taking apart my Ricochet and putting those internals in the silo. But the problem I had was the sensor tab was too short and the blades were too long and the height of it was too short for the silo.

So instead I just used the Ricochet by itself. The shape and length of it allow you to easily rest it on your shoulder. Works really well for me.

DevilMan
07-17-2007, 10:09 AM
People have been doing that for a really long time. ;)

Oh no doubt I'm sure they have.... and really I can say that one of the reasons I havent' even come close to doin it is because I just recently got my first motorized hopper.... SOOOOO.... I never had the resources available to do it even if I had thought of it... Now that I got my VLocity I'm happy to see someone share the info with me to make it a better way for me to do things...

BTW, CT... you have a PM inbound...

DM

Cow123
07-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Reloading was one of the main reasons I was avoiding qloaders. I might just get one now.

Great tip.

maddboy32
07-18-2007, 07:30 AM
yeah i use my halo to load my qloader. i tell people that see me doing this, its the best purpose for the halo :D i have about 1 1/2 foot of hose with a PVC connector to the halo.....works great. i can load all 8 of my pods in two min.

the thing i love about my qloader, is that when im out playing woodsball i tend to play front line and usually get shot-out within the first 10 min. and if i drop a pod or two the other team can't use my paint, because no one else runs a qloader :rofl:

plus, i've never had someone run up on me and shoot me while i was trying to reload :D

and thats the end of my plug!