PDA

View Full Version : New Tac One... NOT HAPPY!

Avkeh
07-17-2007, 09:18 PM
I thought if I spent the money I would get a gun that's great right out of the box....WRONG!

I brought my new tac one to ION at skirmish this weekend and had spiders and tippmanns out shoot me. The trigger is verrrry slow even with the ULT installed and ate air like there was no tomorrow.

I've read every thread dealing with the ULT, shims and watched the videos of people really getting speed out of the trigger ( full auto like response )...what am I doing wrong? I've added so many shims to the trigger on/off valve that I had trouble sliding the valve body back in! No bounce and now it stalls.

I'm using a full tank with 800psi output. I really hope I'm doing something stupid or my air tank (3A ) is the issue and not my new marker.

I can't take any more mocking from my friends and family. :cry:

Please...HELP!!!!!! :hail:

P.s. I also thought for this kind of money I would get a manual or something with the marker to explain the extra parts in the box.

TnDeathInc
07-17-2007, 10:35 PM
automags take some practice time to shoot fast.

adjustable tank also helps to get the shooting to which you are referring to.

I have 2 mags i usually play with. An original RT from God know when i got it as a Chrismas gift as a kid. And a nice ule x valved mag.

at 950-1100 psi my mag goes absolutely insane. It is no problem at all to rip strings of 14-16 balls a sec out with sweet spotting the trigger. even walking it I am around 12-13bps.

Do some research in the forums there was a recent thread on what the best tanks are. I have an old max flow and a nitroduck mega reg.

most tanks will say 800-850 psi, but it has been my expereince those are often optimum conditions and dont consistently put out near that.

dont give up yet, you mag will be around years after your friend has to purchase a new one cause it broke. It just takes time and a good tank, oh yeah and forum research

robnix
07-17-2007, 10:46 PM
I thought if I spent the money I would get a gun that's great right out of the box....WRONG!

I brought my new tac one to ION at skirmish this weekend and had spiders and tippmanns out shoot me. The trigger is verrrry slow even with the ULT installed and ate air like there was no tomorrow.

I've read every thread dealing with the ULT, shims and watched the videos of people really getting speed out of the trigger ( full auto like response )...what am I doing wrong? I've added so many shims to the trigger on/off valve that I had trouble sliding the valve body back in! No bounce and now it stalls.

I'm using a full tank with 800psi output. I really hope I'm doing something stupid or my air tank (3A ) is the issue and not my new marker.

I can't take any more mocking from my friends and family. :cry:

Please...HELP!!!!!! :hail:

P.s. I also thought for this kind of money I would get a manual or something with the marker to explain the extra parts in the box.

1) You bought a great marker. I love my Tac One with the ULT trigger.
2) Dump the 3A tank. I don't think that they have the recharge rate you need for an Xvalve. Look into the Crossfire reg swap program.
3) The Reactive Trigger needs higher input than what you're giving it. I have 1000psi running into my Tac One, and it's ALMOST responsive. The ULT will take some responsiveness away, so you may think about picking up a standard RT/Pro on/off as well.

peewee
07-17-2007, 10:57 PM
3A tanks suck I found out the hard way. Did you throw a gauge on to see the actual output? Mine was an HP tank that had an actual out put of 675 ish & the recharge rate was horrid!! I tried using it on my freestyle one time & ditched it. I'm usinga PMI HP with no issues.

Pullman
07-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Alternately you could trade me your Tac-One for a Viking :D

ThePixelGuru
07-17-2007, 11:33 PM
And we would expect that those spending that kind of money might put in a little research (like going to the manufacturer's web site and clicking "Tech Support"), but then again, life's full of surprises. Anyway, check out AGD's Tech Support page (http://www.airgun.com/Techinfo.shtml) for manuals, diagrams and all that good stuff. And remember that we're just helpful people here, so you really don't need the negativity (though I understand the frustration). Welcome to the Automag family, and here's hoping you get your marker fixed. The Tac-One really is awesome once you get it all tuned up to your personal preferences.
:cheers:

Avkeh
07-18-2007, 07:34 AM
Thanks for all the help and encouraging words...I didn't mean to slam AGD. :D

I did download the PDFs for the marker and warp feeder before I even ordered it. They are not that deep. Ex. What to do with the shims or brass inserts.

The warp feeder PDF was great though with the suggestions on how to modify the hopper!

It's just when I ordered my ATS AT85 it came with a bound manual and video tape on how to strip, troubleshoot and maintain the marker.

Any suggestions for a tank \ adjustable reg????????????

Many Thanks! :hail:

kevdupuis
07-18-2007, 08:02 AM
The maunual is on cd it's at the bottom of the lvl 10 parts box, just pull out the foam.
Since you're not familiar with tuning the lvl10 or ult I'd suggest trying to find a person near you who knows mags to help you set it up.

robnix
07-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Thanks for all the help and encouraging words...I didn't mean to slam AGD. :D

I did download the PDFs for the marker and warp feeder before I even ordered it. They are not that deep. Ex. What to do with the shims or brass inserts.

The warp feeder PDF was great though with the suggestions on how to modify the hopper!

It's just when I ordered my ATS AT85 it came with a bound manual and video tape on how to strip, troubleshoot and maintain the marker.

Any suggestions for a tank \ adjustable reg????????????

Many Thanks! :hail:

The old manifold Max-Flo's are great, and are cheap on Ebay. Anything by nitroduck, I use a Nitroduck iReg with the 1000 psi piston and it's very nice. AGD Flatlines are of course amazing. Armageddon's are nice as well.

TnDeathInc
07-18-2007, 08:29 AM
For me the flatline reg from AGD followed by older maxflo adjustable.

Actually I like my maxflo better becuase i can get around 1000-1200psi (and with no tools).

Right now my newest adjustable reg seems to be my favorite
nitroduck ireg with inter changable pistons. I also have a nitro duck mega reg, you can see both on saksworld, but i dont know if its the best price.

Avkeh
07-18-2007, 09:01 AM
The maunual is on cd it's at the bottom of the lvl 10 parts box, just pull out the foam.
Since you're not familiar with tuning the lvl10 or ult I'd suggest trying to find a person near you who knows mags to help you set it up.

That's my point!!!! I did not get anything except the registration card and the invoice! :wow:

Nothing else was in the box. I had the ULT installed by them and the warp feed was in the box along with the old on/off and spare parts.

Just to make things clear...

I'm a 39 year old Engineer who has been playing since 86. I've owned and repaired almost every marker that has come down the road. From splatmaster rapide, SMG 60, air power Vector, Phantom...you get the idea. I do have some knowledge, but I'm always willing to learn. :hail:

I now know that I should be looking at my reg and not the marker. Like I said before I'm not trying to Trash AGD, I've always been a fan, other wise I would not have made the investment. :clap:

Thanks again to everyone!

Spider-TW
07-18-2007, 10:03 AM
What kind of loader do you have on your warp?

I cannot figure out warp feeds with revvys on them. :confused: You can only get what comes out of the bottom of the loader in the first place. When you walk a mag, you need to have a cleaner stroke than an electro, but a higher input reg will help that a lot. If your loader can't keep up (around 9-12 bps continuous on a revvy depending on the paint) you start loosing your feed and your lvl 10 will start working, making it feel like a 'stall' and using up more air than usual.

My son had a hopped up piranha that would out run his evolution 2 loader. When I let him use my pneumag it took him about two full days of playing before he got the feel of it. After playing with the mag for a couple of months he picked up his piranha and could barely get it rolling.

I don't know if a lvl 10 reset is the same air usage as dry firing, but if you haven't read about that, dry firing eats up more air than when you use paint. Apparently the valve retains more pressure with paint to push. That's why you see 'try it with paint'. I didn't think much of it until I started tuning level 10 bolts and dry fired more :wow:

But stick with what the guys said, the bottle reg comes first. Mags are kind of odd that way, the more you feed them, the faster they go. :D

Avkeh
07-18-2007, 10:10 AM
What kind of loader do you have on your warp?

I cannot figure out warp feeds with revvys on them. :confused: You can only get what comes out of the bottom of the loader in the first place. When you walk a mag, you need to have a cleaner stroke than an electro, but a higher input reg will help that a lot. If your loader can't keep up (around 9-12 bps continuous on a revvy depending on the paint) you start loosing your feed and your lvl 10 will start working, making it feel like a 'stall' and using up more air than usual.

My son had a hopped up piranha that would out run his evolution 2 loader. When I let him use my pneumag it took him about two full days of playing before he got the feel of it. After playing with the mag for a couple of months he picked up his piranha and could barely get it rolling.

I don't know if a lvl 10 reset is the same air usage as dry firing, but if you haven't read about that, dry firing eats up more air than when you use paint. Apparently the valve retains more pressure with paint to push. That's why you see 'try it with paint'. I didn't think much of it until I started tuning level 10 bolts and dry fired more :wow:

But stick with what the guys said, the bottle reg comes first. Mags are kind of odd that way, the more you feed them, the faster they go. :D

Thanks!

I have a ricochet 2k LCD and an apache LCD. I think that the reg is where I should start looking....Thanks again! :cheers:

cdc120602
07-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Warps are not only meant to feed paint fast. They relocate the hopper to a place it's harder to hit. I can't outshoot my revy, but I have it on a warp because I got sick and tired of getting hopper hits. Just thought I'd clear that up. Sorry I was off topic...

Tunaman
07-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Who did you buy it from?

Spider-TW
07-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Warps are not only meant to feed paint fast. They relocate the hopper to a place it's harder to hit. I can't outshoot my revy, but I have it on a warp because I got sick and tired of getting hopper hits. Just thought I'd clear that up. Sorry I was off topic...

And I forget how many people don't have a right side power feed. My loader covers my forehead pretty well. :D