PDA

View Full Version : About difference of opinion and being PC

punkncat
07-17-2007, 10:18 PM
I dunno whether this is a problem for people all around the US or not. Here in the south, there are a lot of people that for relegious, geographical, historical, and plain being ignorant have a different POV than a lot of other people apparently. Maybe I am just making this up, but speaking for myself anyway....I am one backwards redneck son of a tractor and getting worse all the time. The longer I live the more set in my ways I become. Well, I just can't seem to accept the lie that is Political Correct.

I know. I am supposed to be "modern". I am supposed to be accepting, and not want to offend anyone. Not anyone of a different creed or color. Not anyone with different sexual orientation. No one is a different class of society...cause we all know there are no classes in America?!

But within many of us, and even realizing we are bigots and hypocrites...we still slip up and are "honest" with ourselves from time to time about our illogical stereotypes, our inbred opinions....So then, when you have decided to be honest with yourself and accept that you have an irrational bias about something, then you have to deal with jerk offs looking down the bridge of their nose at you, for being uncultured. Below them for your neandertal mindset.

HA!!!!

Mind'sEye
07-17-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm 57 years old. I'm not afraid to say that this PC culture of "diversity" is bunk. My wife and I live in a nice comfortable middle to upper middle class area. I like and respect the people in my neighborhood. We all chose to follow a path in our lives which led to this place. This included education, hard work and honesty. Those of other cultures and lifestyles may choose a different route, but don't come complaining to me if it doesn't lead to success.

warbeak2099
07-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Political correctness is nothing more than a method of control used by the media. It holds no value and is fundamentally contradictory.

billybob_81067
07-18-2007, 01:30 AM
I'm 57 years old. I'm not afraid to say that this PC culture of "diversity" is bunk. My wife and I live in a nice comfortable middle to upper middle class area. I like and respect the people in my neighborhood. We all chose to follow a path in our lives which led to this place. This included education, hard work and honesty. Those of other cultures and lifestyles may choose a different route, but don't come complaining to me if it doesn't lead to success.

Well said!

I look around at all the stuff I've got and know that I worked my everloving butt off to get to where I am today. Yeah I've had some help from my parents, (who also have worked their butts off their entire lives to get to where they are), but I have never taken advantage of them and always try to repay them by working that much harder on our farm. It aggrivates me when people cry and moan about how life is so unfair, yet it seems that the people who really want to get ahead always manage to do so, with or without any help.

Also there has got to be a reason that stereotypes exist... most of them hold some truth.

bornl33t
07-18-2007, 05:19 AM

Same here only I get REAL pissed of that I'm paying taxes to support a new jail, pay for all the white trash title 19ners. And the irrational amount of babies that some of these people create but can't possibly care for and support.

Fact of the matter is that if people want to miserably fail at life then they have the right to. But I'm being robbed by our local and federal government because cable TV is now considered a necessity just like a refrigerator and a toaster.

PC is an oxymoron, because there's nothing correct about it. :mad:

Pacifist_Farmer
07-18-2007, 06:38 AM
This is not directed at anyone here, its just easier to write using "you":

Political correctness is a polite way to lie about something you feel. You wouldn't need to be "politically correct" if you could respect others and mind your own business.

At least thats the way I've always felt about it.

Pneumagger
07-18-2007, 11:48 AM
I was watching an MMA fight last night held in south america on tv between a black french guy and a white guy - neutral site and all. At the start the fight, since they were both wearing black shorts, the commentator announced them by name and distinguished them as "Guy with short dark hair and semi balding forehead" and "The guy with a full head of long light brown hair".

Is there anything wrong with saying "Black Guy" and "White Guy"... or "French guy" and "American guy" :confused:

I see no point in being PC about two guys and cultures that hate each other and are about beat the living piss outta each other. Retarted, absoluty retarted.

SCpoloRicker
07-18-2007, 12:16 PM
I blame teh LIEburals.

FactsOfLife
07-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Political Correctness = The Death of Free Speech.

beam
07-18-2007, 05:25 PM
This is modern America: Avoid discomfort at ALL COST.

Think about it. We have become a nation of lazy, pc, whatever citizens.

We don't want to work for a living.
We don't want to fight a just war.
We don't want to be called fat, ugly, stupid, etc.
We don't want to be poor.
We don't want to be in pain.
We don't want adversity and we will avoid it at any cost...no matter what.

The problem is, that the "Greatest Generation Ever" (those who experienced both the Great Depression and WWII) can be called that because of the hardships they endured.

You don't know jack squat about a person when all the bills are paid, the table is abounding in food, the neighborhoods are packed with Wii's, Benzs, and in-ground swimming pools.

Take that all away, and a nation is forced to focus on what really matters...and that isn't just comfort...it's people.

So don't go around making people feel bad by calling them insensitive names. That only brings discomfort and that's not what this country is about anymore. :rolleyes:

/rant

paintballfiend
07-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Man, I almost fell of my chair with AO leaning so much to the right. :rofl:

bentothejam1n
07-18-2007, 06:05 PM
This is modern America: Avoid discomfort at ALL COST.

Think about it. We have become a nation of lazy, pc, whatever citizens.

We don't want to work for a living.
We don't want to fight a just war.
We don't want to be called fat, ugly, stupid, etc.
We don't want adversity and we will avoid it at any cost...no matter what.

The problem is, that the "Greatest Generation Ever" (those who experienced both the Great Depression and WWII) can be called that because of the hardships they endured.

You don't know jack squat about a person when all the bills are paid, the table is abounding in food, the neighborhoods are packed with Wii's, Benzs, and in-ground swimming pools.

Take that all away, and a nation is forced to focus on what really matters...and that isn't just comfort...it's people.

So don't go around making people feel bad by calling them insensitive names. That only brings discomfort and that's not what this country is about anymore. :rolleyes:

/rant
qft

maxama10
07-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Man, I almost fell of my chair with AO leaning so much to the right. :rofl:
It's a paintball forum, what do you expect?

/leans to the right ;)

paintballfiend
07-18-2007, 06:20 PM

Yeah, what's wrong with that?

beam
07-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah, what's wrong with that?

Nothing is wrong with not wanting those things, but it's what we do to avoid them that is the problem.

I can't tell you how many men I've met who came home after WWII, started a farm and were poor. They worked their butts off, contributed to the betterment of this country and realized the American dream the old fashioned way...they worked for it.

Now, people want prosperity for little to nothing. I've worked in the corporate world at high enough levels to know that the higher you climb the less you really need to do. In fact, here's a bit of advice for anyone who cares: When you get a career that you really like, just do what you are asked to do...meet the requirements of your job, and you will be labeled a "high achiever." Why? Because so many people today are lazy and want to avoid the "pain" of working.

I mean really, look at how many AO'ers post from work. :p :cool:

paintballfiend
07-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Nothing is wrong with not wanting those things, but it's what we do to avoid them that is the problem.

I can't tell you how many men I've met who came home after WWII, started a farm and were poor. They worked their butts off, contributed to the betterment of this country and realized the American dream the old fashioned way...they worked for it.

Now, people want prosperity for little to nothing. I've worked in the corporate world at high enough levels to know that the higher you climb the less you really need to do. In fact, here's a bit of advice for anyone who cares: When you get a career that you really like, just do what you are asked to do...meet the requirements of your job, and you will be labeled a "high achiever." Why? Because so many people today are lazy and want to avoid the "pain" of working.

I mean really, look at how many AO'ers post from work. :p :cool:
Work your butt off and end up poor, huh, sounds like the life for me. :rolleyes:

If what you are saying about just doing your job is true, than mediocrecy would be considered "high achieving". Maybe you should get out of the corporate world, because by now you should have been promoted to CEO.

Mind'sEye
07-19-2007, 01:07 AM
That sounds like another PC attack on the evil "American System". Drug dealers and poor people who spend what little wages they earn on lottery tickets want prosperity for little to nothing. Most of the folks who live in my area do a good days work in their pursuit of happiness. What's more, the businesses they own or work for are prosperous. For the most part the deadbeats who don't want to work, or don't want to do what it takes to improve their position, don't tend to live here because they can't afford to.

bornl33t
07-19-2007, 05:43 AM
Work your butt off and end up poor, huh, sounds like the life for me. :rolleyes:

If what you are saying about just doing your job is true, than mediocrecy would be considered "high achieving". Maybe you should get out of the corporate world, because by now you should have been promoted to CEO.

LOL perfect

"Hello Lamewads"

Feel the burn and the fury of my pen
feel the fire, as I fan the flames again
brace yourself for the mediocre
Hail the king of the almost good enough
nothing bold, nothing's flying off the cuff
things might change, but don't hold your breath yet
Try floating with the flow,
try not to run too slow
be average, not below, Let's go

[Chorus:]
Hello lamewads, I'm with you
raise your fists if this rings true
Hello lamewads, never quite our best or finest
hello lamewads, I'm predicting a C minus, now.

Hello lamewads, hello.
Like a shoelace slowly coming loose
like a flashlight running out of juice
save your necks, with some lame excuses
I'm neither friend or foe, I'm never going pro
does this sound apropos?
Let's go.

Niether hot nor cold this is getting old.

Oh and it would be tons easier to mind my own buisness if I wasn't paying for others mistakes.