PDA

View Full Version : Trigger not resetting

mostpeople
07-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Brand new X-valve, brand new ULT kit. Ive shot about 2 cases through the valve now and every once in a while, say 1/3 of the time the trigger does not reset all the way, I hear a HISSSSSSSSSSSSS-click and then the trigger resets. I oiled the heck outta everything, just wondering what you guys think the issue could be? FPS 280, dallara rail pariah body, airwalk gripframe.

I have 4 ULT shims in it as it is and its VERY reactive.. i love it. But the trigger resetting issue is bugging me. I have heard that adding more shims might solve this but considering how reacive it is already.. well lets just say I wouldnt want to piss off the electro guys out there by shooting too fast. :)

let me know what you guys think might help.

TwilightG
07-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Brand new X-valve, brand new ULT kit. Ive shot about 2 cases through the valve now and every once in a while, say 1/3 of the time the trigger does not reset all the way, I hear a HISSSSSSSSSSSSS-click and then the trigger resets. I oiled the heck outta everything, just wondering what you guys think the issue could be? FPS 280, dallara rail pariah body, airwalk gripframe.

I have 4 ULT shims in it as it is and its VERY reactive.. i love it. But the trigger resetting issue is bugging me. I have heard that adding more shims might solve this but considering how reacive it is already.. well lets just say I wouldnt want to piss off the electro guys out there by shooting too fast. :)

let me know what you guys think might help.

Could it be bolt stick? When it's hissing, how long before the trigger actually resets?

flyingpootang
07-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Tune the L10 bolt. Use the next loosest carrier that dosen't leak

mostpeople
07-18-2007, 01:02 PM
That is the loosest carrier that doesnt leak..

I guess it could be bolt stick? the hiss is say.. 2 seconds long.

I guess tonight I will try another shim as well as a looser carrier.

biggie
07-18-2007, 01:44 PM
when you added the xvale to your set up did you also add the rail? the reason i ask is i had a simler problem to this and it was the front frame screw. dont know why but when its tight i have problems when its SLIGHTLY loose i dont . (tighten the screw till its hand tight then turn it back quarter-half a turn) try it you've nothing to loose. if it is that then get a washer or file it down. might not work but its just a thought. this was with a twist lock body and a smartparts rail.

pierce
07-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Also check the output of your HPA tank.

PBChappy
07-18-2007, 03:05 PM
trigger not reseting can also be cause by over tighting the thumb screw back it at a turn or 2 and see how that does. Dont know why it does this but it does

Spider-TW
07-18-2007, 03:37 PM
trigger not reseting can also be cause by over tighting the thumb screw back it at a turn or 2 and see how that does. Dont know why it does this but it does

Someone else said they were getting bolt stick because finger tight was not enough on the back screw. I guess it has to do with which way your body or rail is warped.

athomas
07-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Id go with the tuning of the level 10 as mentioned previously. Remove all the shims first, then use the largest carrier that doesn't leak.

mostpeople
07-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Ya so I re-tuned the lvl 10. And I really do actually think that was the issue.

Now however, I use the largest carrier that doesnt leak and the bolt slides so dam easily. It wont fall off but its so smooth.

Now the issue is, every once in a while, and this is hard to describe so bear with me here: The trigger will basically reset all the way, I guess almost all the way. And there is a rocking of the sear (I took the panel off to look at it) and it every so slightly rocks foreward until it appears to hit something and then bounces back, and rocks foreward again ad nausium. Until I fire.. not quite sure what that is.