PDA

View Full Version : Automag question

demies
07-18-2007, 06:07 PM
I have got this automag from a friend can sombody tell my what for automag this is what i need to fix it and gass up and what is wurth.
barrel is also here
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t311/michel25/automag.jpg

questionful
07-18-2007, 06:19 PM
That's a classic mag. I don't know why that male ASA is there. To gas it up you just connect that line to an ASA. You could get a 90* fitting or just have the line sticking out. I'll buy it off you! :)

cdc120602
07-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Yep...it's a Classic Mag. You need a barrel(obviously), some 90 degree fittings would clean it up a bit, a back bottle or bottomline ASA or a drop forward with ASA and that should be it. I would recommend a parts kit to make sure all the internals are in good order. Speaking of which, from the pic I can't tell if all the internals are there. You should have a power tube spacer and tip (you have to unscrew the tip to see the spacer) and a bolt and spring. If that's all there, you're good.

I have a barrel, ASA and 90 degree fittings I wouldn't mind parting with. PM me if interested.

demies
07-19-2007, 04:00 AM
the barrel i have that one is included the internals are also good.
So i only need i asa and clean it.
What is this one wurth and is it nice to play with it.
What is the prive what you get normal for this one.

phizz
07-19-2007, 12:10 PM
less then $100 depends if it has a lvl 10 in it too.

if you were to build one classic valve around $40
frame about $10
body $20-$30
rail $10-$20

I would say whole you are looking around $75-$100

Should be nice to play with, make sure you use full trigger pulls. They are very accurate markers. Just a nice cleaning and it should be good, mags are know for their durability. you could even gas it up and dunk them under water, and they will still come out firing without problem.

C.J.
07-19-2007, 08:13 PM
I have got this automag from a friend can sombody tell my what for automag this is what i need to fix it and gass up and what is wurth.
barrel is also here

"Worth" and "cost" are subjective. I've bought 'mags for about $120 but they're worth a lot more than that - to me. They shoot great and I'd take any 'mag over any brand-new blow-back semi like Tippmanns or Spyders.

The least expensive way to get your Automag running would be to add an angled ASA to the bottom of the grip-frame, add 90-degree macroline fittings to the ASA and valve, cut a piece of macroline and run between the fittings. Voila! Gas it up and go.

If you go that route, I'd suggest putting the 90-degree fitting on the LEFT side of the ASA and running the macroline sort of "diagonally" up to the valve. This keeps it well out of the way of your hand if you're right handed.

A bit more elegant a solution is to add a vertical ASA just ahead of the trigger. Doing that, you run a line from the ASA to either a gas-through grip, expansion chamber or regulator, then out the vert-ASA to the valve, sort of like this:
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1/af895/paintball/AGD/Tim_Automag.jpg