PDA

View Full Version : Weird hyperframe

EvilWayz
07-19-2007, 11:50 AM
I bougth a hyperframe off ebay, guy assured me it would fit an RT.

I put the on/off in and stripped the clevis and everything, and I'm putting it back together and the front screw wont meet the body. So I check to see if the other screw is long enough, nope.

Then I realize that the hole in the BACK of the frame isn't large enough to accomodate the big field strip screw with the orings.

So am I out 200 bucks or am I just retarded?

Thanks.

questionful
07-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Get yer dremel out!

EvilWayz
07-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Is that my only option? Man...

nevtangle
07-19-2007, 01:48 PM
It sounds like you have the origional rt. I've never seen a HF on one but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

First off does the frame have the wings milled off? If not it will only fit a classic style rail.

Secondly, these frames need a longer front frame screw. Did it come with one?

Lastly, I've heard people opening up the hole on frames to fit the banjo bolt for the rt, but don't recall hearing this done on a HF. I think it should work if it works on other frames, but I don't know for sure.

Good luck to you...

EvilWayz
07-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Yes I have the original RT. It came with a longer bolt but it doesn't quite meet the body.

I am not good with tools specially on non replaceable expensive stuff.

It has slight wings, I guess I would have to have them milled off and the hole enlarged?

Sumthinwicked
07-19-2007, 02:22 PM
luke mills them off for cheap and doers a good job ;)

robnix
07-19-2007, 02:54 PM
I bougth a hyperframe off ebay, guy assured me it would fit an RT.

I put the on/off in and stripped the clevis and everything, and I'm putting it back together and the front screw wont meet the body. So I check to see if the other screw is long enough, nope.

Then I realize that the hole in the BACK of the frame isn't large enough to accomodate the big field strip screw with the orings.

So am I out 200 bucks or am I just retarded?

Thanks.

Are you sure that the frame is meant for a mag? Give us a link to the auction.

EvilWayz
07-19-2007, 03:31 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290132038284&rd=1&rd=1

nevtangle
07-19-2007, 03:45 PM
It still has wings on it and that is why the frame screw isn't reaching the body.

I guess I would have to have them milled off and the hole enlarged?
^^^Exactly

Edit: That sucks, I see you left him feedback already.

robnix
07-19-2007, 03:48 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290132038284&rd=1&rd=1

It looks like the right one. The front does need a longer screw, but the back should fit onto the rail bushing just fine.

EvilWayz
07-19-2007, 05:38 PM
It looks like the right one. The front does need a longer screw, but the back should fit onto the rail bushing just fine.

No bushing, Original rt, without the upgrades.

EDIT: Which one of you is Luke and how much would you'he charge to enlarge the hole and mill of the wings and refinish?

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
07-19-2007, 06:33 PM
here

http://automags.org/forums/member.php?u=510

:cheers: