PDA

View Full Version : I Need an Epic Gear Bag

ThePixelGuru
07-20-2007, 03:45 AM
You heard me. Bigger than big. I'm sick of having half a dozen paintball bags, I just want one bag for everything. I saw a bag a while ago that looked like a four-room tent crossed with a duffel bag. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about here. Size restrictions are that it must fit in my car and possible to lift. I want it to carry:

-Automag and Minimag
-Four pump markers
-CO2 tanks and 12g powerlets
-45ci HPA
-Revvy, VL200, pocket hoppers
-A dozen or so pods and maybe my Qloader silo
-30 10-round tubes
-3 masks (crushproof compartment would rock since I just bought a new Grill)
-Tools and replacement parts

I'd like to keep it as close to $100 as I can. That inventory and the price may not be compatible, in which case compromises can be made. I was leaning toward the Redz '07 Gear Bag (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=Cf3P-7XcXnbPTvN8Ot8PU78I9hBWKDRtCig=?ProductID=D5XAqArb Zb0AAAEPLzeI34fe), but it's tough to tell what will fit without seeing it all in person. Oh, and surviving airport luggage terminals and the like is not an issue since I don't fly with my gear and I'm not too rough on my gear bag, but I'd like it to last at least a few years. Recommendations, anyone? Dimensions of various gear bags would be nice, too.

Thanks! :cheers:

MedicDVG
07-20-2007, 03:49 AM
I just got an 07 redz bag. I haven't had the chance to see it, but from what I am told, it will do everything you want, with the exception of the crush proof mask area.

Oh... and www.punisherspaintball.com has them for 109 and free shipping...

buzzboy
07-20-2007, 07:24 AM
I think the best idea would be to not look for a paintball bag. Look just for a big bag. I know there are some motorcross bags that are huge and possibly some sort of instrument case. Paintball bags only seem to get so big.

rkjunior303
07-20-2007, 08:19 AM
NXe Elevation Roller.. They're expensive, at $170 but well worth it..

Mine holds:

2 NXe Marker cases w/ 2 markers
Toolbox
Pack
Cleats
Pads - elbow and knee
2 Halos
2 masks
and all my clothes

The dividers are changable so you can configure it however you want.. the padded mask area is clutch.

bentothejam1n
07-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Super body bags are pretty good for around $100

StygShore
07-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Paintballbodybags.com

http://www.paintballbodybags.com/mega.cfm

I have used one of these for the last 4 years and I can not say enough how much I love mine. It has a rigid bottom on it which most large bags dont have. this makes it so it doesnt try and fold in half when you heft it up on your shoulder.

This old review post says it more than I ever could!! Also has a couple of AO contacts that sell the bags.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=206695&highlight=bodybag

Styg

Rudz
07-20-2007, 09:19 AM
bodybags ftw...

Dark Side
07-20-2007, 09:52 AM
bodybags ftw...

Yeah, just get the one with the wheels. A huge amount of room in these.

ultralight
07-20-2007, 11:23 AM
try looking for a goalie bag. you know, the bags that hockey goalies carry their pads in. those things are enormous.

robnix
07-20-2007, 11:48 AM
I just use a big old plastic tub from Fred Meyer that has wheels and a handle.

ThePixelGuru
07-21-2007, 03:15 AM
I think the best idea would be to not look for a paintball bag. Look just for a big bag.
Yeah, I might hit Target or something and check out the luggage section, but I'm not sure anything there would have the pockets/padding I would need.

I'm still leaning towards the Redz bag because it seems to have more pockets than the Bodybag. The Bodybag just seems like it doesn't have enough pockets to prevent my markers from knocking around and scratching each other up, while the Redz bag sounds like it has a buttload of separate pockets. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Also, anyone got measurements on the Redz bag?

WenULiVeUdiE
07-21-2007, 04:31 PM
I have a giant JT bag that works very well. Adjustable compartments with decent padding. I believe I have pictures of it as well.

I have the following in it:

2 Markers
2 HPA Tanks
2 CO2 Tanks
2 masks
Tool Tray
14 Pods
2 pairs of pants
Cleats
Jerseys
Some pads
Misc. stuff

and the side and top pockets are still empty.

I got mine for $130. I believe they are still sold, but they may not be. Not entirely sure.
Here is a link to a great gearbag thread I used a while ago
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1334907&highlight=gearbag+pics

rkjunior303
07-21-2007, 05:10 PM
The redz bag isn't very big inside. Neither is the Planet Eclipse bag..

Either go with a NXe Elevation, Dye Navigator, or the big roller JT makes..

Jaan
07-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I might hit Target or something and check out the luggage section, but I'm not sure anything there would have the pockets/padding I would need.That's pretty much what I did. I just responded to another post about bags but I'll do it again. The big bag that I got is a 36" wheeled bag that's a little bit bigger than the BodyBag. I got it for $20 on sale ($30 normally). The thing is huge and can fit enough stuff for 2 people. It has plenty of compartments as well. Instead of dividers and what not, I keep all my guns in their own separate bags, usually shoulder sling bags or smaller backpacks. Those bags you can get on sale now at Wal-Mart for less than $10 each since it's all back to school stuff.

As far as dividers I use thick gray packing foam that I got hear and there. Since I never carry the same stuff twice my system comes out modular. Throw the gun bags in there, and arrange a few pieces of foam in the right places and voila.

The thing is that there comes a point where you need to have stuff just right. When you get to that point, as it seems you are at now, then you can actually save money but making the bag you want from cheaper alternatives...bags that don't necessarily have anything to do with paintball, but are made in the same Chinese factory.