PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro Problem

rhino271
07-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Have an RT Pro with Level 10 bolt. Bought the marker new around 01 and put the level 10 in late 03 I believe. Never had any problems with the marker and thought was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Unfortunatley I had to put the marker into storage first part of 04. Everything was perfectly upkept oiled and taken care of, even before put into storage. Finally got a chance to get back into paintball this week so I recovered my RT pro did a basic wipe down and re-oil. DID NOT TAKE THE VALVE APART AT THIS POINT!!!

First time I aired up the system and pulled the trigger marker went full auto on me. Since that time I've tried every spacer, every shim, every spring, and every combination thereof that I could think of. Even put he original level 7 back on the valve(not sure I used the proper power tube bottom oring though) . Changed every o-ring in the valve. But still all I get is air down the barrel or ocassional brief full auto without even touching the trigger.

Not sure the sear is the problem either because regardless of the combinations I use I get one of two main results:

1. Pressure turned all the way up and still not enought pressure to the trigger or,
2. Leak down the barrel regardless of pressure setting

Only last thing I can think of is that even my replacement orings have hardened too much after sitting for so long.

Thanks for any help!

questionful
07-20-2007, 01:19 PM
What happens when you hold the trigger down?

rhino271
07-20-2007, 01:57 PM
What happens when you hold the trigger down?

Most of the time nothing, Like I said it seems like I have two types of responses slight pressure to the trigger but will not fire, or completly leaks down the barrel.

rhino271
07-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Most of the time nothing, Like I said it seems like I have two types of responses slight pressure to the trigger but will not fire, or completly leaks down the barrel.

Never mind everyone! Pulled marker back apart when I got home from work today. Found that my sear cracked just above the pivot sleeve, have a new one ordered and hopefully that is my only problem.

Thanks!!