PDA

View Full Version : Good gearbag for $50 or under?

warbeak2099
07-21-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm not looking to spend a lot, but when I go to the field it looks like I'm a wandering tramp. All I need is the shopping cart and facial hair. Something that can carry my marker, tank, tools, and hopper is all I need. Maybe my mask too but I can deal without that option. I just need something that can fit all my crap and still leave me with money to buy books for next semester lol. Any good deals anyone know of?

robnix
07-21-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm not looking to spend a lot, but when I go to the field it looks like I'm a wandering tramp. All I need is the shopping cart and facial hair. Something that can carry my marker, tank, tools, and hopper is all I need. Maybe my mask too but I can deal without that option. I just need something that can fit all my crap and still leave me with money to buy books for next semester lol. Any good deals anyone know of?

Plastic tubs from Fred Meyer. I have about the biggest one they have, it comes with handles and wheels. There are no dividers, so I use small athletic bags to seperate out pods, tools, parts, etc...Works great. New they're around $40.00, on sale they can be under $30.00.

warbeak2099
07-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Plastic tubs from Fred Meyer. I have about the biggest one they have, it comes with handles and wheels. There are no dividers, so I use small athletic bags to seperate out pods, tools, parts, etc...Works great. New they're around $40.00, on sale they can be under $30.00.

I'd actually rather go for a conventional gear bag. I would also be willing to go above $50 if necessary. Maybe like 60-65 tops.

rkjunior303
07-21-2007, 02:49 PM
sounds like you should get one of the backpack style bags.

warbeak2099
07-21-2007, 02:52 PM
sounds like you should get one of the backpack style bags.

Ooh I'm interested. What are some good ones to look out for? And will they carry all my junk?

hopwheels
07-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Just a suggestion, but try visiting your local Miitary Surplus store. They have a ton of great gear bags and they aren't expensive. I found a heavy-duty black zip top duffle, lined with pockets on all 4 side panels, that holds all my junk. Top hinges open kind of like an old doctor's bag. Think it was right around $50.

warbeak2099
07-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Just a suggestion, but try visiting your local Miitary Surplus store. They have a ton of great gear bags and they aren't expensive. I found a heavy-duty black zip top duffle, lined with pockets on all 4 side panels, that holds all my junk. Top hinges open kind of like an old doctor's bag. Think it was right around $50.

Never thought of that. Ima go check cheaperthandirt.com now lol.

EDIT: And cheaperthandirt.com delivers lol
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/38969-54235-1392.html

DOUBLE EDIT:
And even better!
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/BAG176-45482-1392.html

Just bought the second one, thanks for the idea hopwheels.

WenULiVeUdiE
07-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Ooh I'm interested. What are some good ones to look out for? And will they carry all my junk?

I have an 05 or 06 Dye Backpack. It has enough room on the inside to store some tools and other small items. The gun, tank and hopper easily fit on the outside with the strapping system. You can hand your pack and mask off the system as well.

The stitching isn't the best, but it is nice to have when I don't want to bring my monster JT bag along...

You could always buy some generic rolling luggage for a low price and use that. No dividers, but I've seen people make it work.

robnix
07-21-2007, 06:07 PM
I have an 05 or 06 Dye Backpack. It has enough room on the inside to store some tools and other small items. The gun, tank and hopper easily fit on the outside with the strapping system. You can hand your pack and mask off the system as well.

The stitching isn't the best, but it is nice to have when I don't want to bring my monster JT bag along...

You could always buy some generic rolling luggage for a low price and use that. No dividers, but I've seen people make it work.

Rolling laptop bags have padded dividers.

Ninjeff
07-21-2007, 06:20 PM
I got mine from wal mart

its ok for now.

Jaan
07-21-2007, 07:14 PM
I got mine from K-Mart...36" rolling bag for $20 on sale. It will fit enough crap for at least 2 people and it has several compartments so you can leave the stuff you use a lot in there. In fact, it's so big I don't use it much anymore since I play more stock class, and all my stock class stuff can fit into a small shoulder bag...but it's great for semi play.

I keep all my guns in their own separate cases...most of the cases are backpacks or shoulder bags that I got cheap. It's sort of a modular system. Primary gun, backups, borrowed guns etc. I just grab and go.

Anyway, it's a system that works out well for me since I never take the exact same load out with me twice. Right now, you can get all sorts of bags cheap since school is starting and they're all on sale.

It may not be exactly what you want, but it's a cheap way to go. If you really want to, you can make your own dividers, and lay everything out custom. I use dense foam myself, especially for my warped gun since that doesn't really fit anywhere else.

C.J.
07-25-2007, 07:59 PM

"Ricardo Beverly Hills" brand makes a huge rolling duffel bag labelled "Beyond a Bag" that's almost *identical* to the very expensive Smart Parts "Freighter" bag.

SP bag: $200
Ricardo bag: $40 (!)

I found mine at Costco. Pics here: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=83891

Another link here: http://www.luggagefactory.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=S207-3730
(comes in either olive green or navy blue trim)

If you don't want something that large, any of the 35 to 45Litre backpacks at Wallyworld will work nicely. For local play, I use an Outbound 35L backpack with my mask clipped to the outside.