PDA

View Full Version : Will I need an external reg?, Shooting some what fast with c02?

Blitzen
07-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Well right to the point....

I am going to be using a classic valve, and an itelli-frame. This gun is going to be more for a run'n gun style of play. With the intelli-frame (no ULT) I am hoping to get around 8-10 BPS (Is this likely/do-able?? ). With this ROF will it be necessary to get another (external) regulator to keep liquid co2 out of my gun?

pierce
07-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Getting that rate of fire is questionable, but when using CO2 i used a Palmer Sideline with great results. I had my tank verticle and never suffered a freeze up. I also put the pressure to the valve at 575PSI with good results. Hope this helps. ;)

Madmarx
07-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Remotes work awesome but if they're not for you then I would suggest an anti siphon tank and/or a multi-stage expansion chamber.

Blitzen
07-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Well I will have the air on the gun.....(So I wont have a remote, and I wont have a vertical tank).
What ROF will I get to by using just an intelli-frame? And with that ROF will I be at risk with getting liquid co2 into the valve?

pierce
07-21-2007, 08:22 PM
ROF has little to do with liquid getting into the valve, if you position the tank right, install a anti-siphon (stated earlier) or a Palmer. You can shoot 1 ball per second with a tank in the wrong position and get CO2 in the valve.

Blitzen
07-21-2007, 08:36 PM
So I wont be getting co2 into the valve with fast shooting then?? So do you think I would be fine if I just got an anti-siphon co2 tank?

Shane-O-Mac
07-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Anti-Siphon is mandatory IMO. And a Palmer Stab is the best set-up. Much better than an Expansion chamber. As pierce posted, run the stab under 600psi for best results. depending on temps Co2 has a hard time staying liquid, thats why most people recommend setting the stab at 600psi or so. As long as you shoot in temps over 50 degrees os os, you can usally shoot as fast as a mech will go (Maybe not pneumaged) and not worry about it with the proper set-up, I.E. Stab and A/S tank.

Shane-O

C.J.
07-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Well right to the point....

I am going to be using a classic valve, and an itelli-frame. This gun is going to be more for a run'n gun style of play. With the intelli-frame (no ULT) I am hoping to get around 8-10 BPS (Is this likely/do-able?? ). With this ROF will it be necessary to get another (external) regulator to keep liquid co2 out of my gun?

I'm shooting a 68 Classic 'mag on CO2 without problems. I've had it up to about 8bps, sustained for perhaps 3 seconds and this didn't cause any problems or even a cold valve.

I'm running anti-siphon tanks but I plan to switch to an angled ASA. The purpose is the same: put the pickup-point for the tank contents above the level of liquid. Angled or anti-siphon doesn't matter but the ASA means you can use ANY tank and not worry about screwing it on the same amount every time - hence why I'm switching.

Once you keep liquid out of the system, a regulator will insure you have consistent pressure going into the Automag's own regulator.

I run a male PPS Stabilizer on the vertical ASA at the front of the marker but a lot of people like the sideline version that screws directly to the Automag valve. Personally, I want a vertical grip anyway so the male Stab' keeps things clean. Use a gauge so you know what pressure you're sending to the 'mag. It helps during troubleshooting and you'll be able to see if the pressure is creeping or dropping.

Here's what she looks like: http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1/af895/paintball/640x480_size/CF67187_Tactical_back_right.jpg

Shane-O-Mac
07-22-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm running anti-siphon tanks but I plan to switch to an angled ASA. The purpose is the same: put the pickup-point for the tank contents above the level of liquid. Angled or anti-siphon doesn't matter but the ASA means you can use ANY tank and not worry about screwing it on the same amount every time - hence why I'm switching.

An angled bottomline will not work as well as an A/S tube in your tank. When a Co2 tank is "Filled" it isnt actually filled 100%. Its about 3/4 to 7/8 full. An angled bottomline will still have the valves hole near the level of the liquid Co2, so intaking liquid will happen much easier than an A/S tank. The tank with an A/S tube will nearly ALWAYS have its pickup in the dead space above the Co2, look at you tank as if it were mounted level and imagine it filled 3/4 full. There is a 1/2-1 inch head space running the length of the tank, and a properly installed tube will have the pickup tube in that space. Now imagine your tank at the angle of your bottomline, when its full, the liquid level will be very close or at the valves opening, so when you start shooting it can pickup liquid much easier. Stick with an Anti-Siphon tube and you will be much better off. you can always use an o-ring to help position the tanks tube in the correct posotion. Always have your tank marked for the tubes positon so you can make sure its in the right place.

Shane-O