PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal? Promaster $80

spwz99
07-22-2007, 05:17 PM
I have the option to buy a lightly used (<1 year) promaster off a buddy for $80.
It has some issues though, so I am asking for outside opinions since i have absolutely no experience with promasters, or any ICD product.

It will probably need new soft parts, it has had problems with consistency, and has some issue with running at an unusually low pressure.
The big problem is he thinks the solenoid is bad.

Basically, what i need to know is should i go for this deal?
Thanks.

minimag03
07-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Noids can be a real pain to deal with. I'd check around and see if you can get a replacement noid for cheap. Try emailing Vaporworks or another custom ICD shop that might have them in stock.

However, I seriosuly doubt the noid is bad if it isn't leaking. The problems sound like it just needs to be cleaned and lubed. ICD regs are hit and miss as well, so a new aftermarket LPR and HPR might be a good idea as well.

I'd buy it.

t0nnn
07-22-2007, 08:05 PM
most problems with the promaster can be fixed by just cleaning and lubings the regs, thats something you need to keep up with, either read your manual or go on pbnation...there's a lot of stuff in the stickys showing you how to do basically everything to the gun.

other than that, for $80 is a good deal i'd say

Toll
07-22-2007, 08:47 PM
80$ is a great deal as I can almost definately put the problem to lubing the regs and making sure they are properly set. I don't have any faith at all in the stock hpr. Changing that out could be what does it.