PDA

View Full Version : Autocockers

BigTrucker
07-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Hey guys. I was thinking about getting an Autococker and wanted to know witch one was the better one. The Karnivor or the Blackmagic Autococker. I would have loved an emag but as far as I know no new ones are being made. I have not had a new marker in a while and i think i am over due. Thanks. :cheers:

GroovYChickeN 2.o
07-23-2007, 07:25 PM
WGP just came out with a new design for the autocockers called SE or something like that. it takes all of the pneumatics and places them in a common housing kind of idea. From what I've seen it is fairly slick. I'm not sure how it would hold up to a Karnivor but I bet it's the same as a Blackmagic. Just a heads up.

Anyway Karni vs Blackmagic I would go for a Karnivor. Mainly because I like the body style.

Good luck :cheers:

going_home
07-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Email Tunaman. I am pretty sure he can build you a new Emag.
He probably gets tons of email everyday so put something catchy like
"Please sell me a new Emag" in the subject line.
He's a bit hard to get a hold of but its well worth it, so be patient.
I bought a Tac One and then an Emag from him, and several times valves and different parts.

tunaman5@comcast.net is his email.

Good luck.

punkncat
07-23-2007, 08:15 PM
I cannot suggest any of the new "WGP" products. Aside from the prostock which is the same as it always has been.....
I have always felt that the cockers have too much reciprocating mass to be a good "e" marker. I like them as mechanicals.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
07-23-2007, 08:18 PM
I cannot suggest any of the new "WGP" products. Aside from the prostock which is the same as it always has been.....
I have always felt that the cockers have too much reciprocating mass to be a good "e" marker. I like them as mechanicals.

I agree for the most part. I manly use cockers as pumps.

BigTrucker
07-23-2007, 10:05 PM
Well i am not going to play in any turnaments. Mostly woodsball, i am sick of getting pin down by a two ten year olds with an Ions and not being able to thow as much paint back at them. My classic just cant keep up. So how much is Tuna's emags going for???? :cheers:

DevilMan
07-23-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm sure that if you make the Oroville game I can hook you up with more than one good buy with an Emag.... I'm betting he'd even let you test fire it a few shots...

Just to make sureeeeee that it's fast enough..

DM

Well i am not going to play in any turnaments. Mostly woodsball, i am sick of getting pin down by a two ten year olds with an Ions and not being able to thow as much paint back at them. My classic just cant keep up. So how much is Tuna's emags going for???? :cheers:

Ninjeff
07-23-2007, 11:00 PM

Fix that little problem quick. Just slap an x-valve in your classic. Boom. RT trigger ftw!

mag_lover05
07-23-2007, 11:12 PM
if you wana go WGP and you have the money, Karnivors are awsome markers. i know this is an AGD forum, so your not gona get people telling you to buy one. but all in all, they are nice, fast, accurate guns. the new blackmagics are LOUD, there was a team at PSP texas last year using them and you could here them throughout the event.

C.J.
07-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Hey guys. I was thinking about getting an Autococker and wanted to know witch one was the better one. The Karnivor or the Blackmagic Autococker. I would have loved an emag but as far as I know no new ones are being made. I have not had a new marker in a while and i think i am over due. Thanks. :cheers:

You might look at a PPS Blazer while you're at it. It's an "Autococker-like" design but improves on the concept. I had one before I got my Automag. That Blazer was singularly the most accurate marker I've ever fired... and the quietest. It made about as much noise as someone snapping their fingers and, with good paint and a red-dot, I could one-ball a mask at 100' or a torso at 150'.

That said, I have a 'mag for a reason: the Blazer (and Autocockers in general) are mechanically complex. Field servicing an Autococking design is far more complicated requiring more tools and know-how than any Automag. I'm well on my way to making my 'mag as accurate as my Blazer was...almost there.

Ninjeff
07-26-2007, 12:57 AM
ive always been intrigued by blazers. Someday i will have to buy one.

AirAssault
07-26-2007, 01:21 AM
I have a few e-cockers and love them. I like the fact the back block moves, that's what makes it "cool" for me.

PM me, I may be able to hook you up with an e-cocker or e-mag, depending on what you're looking for. LMK.

BigTrucker
07-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Well i have been shooting 68mags all my paintball life. I just want a small change. Its kinds like being married. Sometimes you wanna cheat :D So i think am going to. I found out that the Karnvior is going to be discontinued. It looks like i am going to get a Black Magic. ^^^ thaks for the offer but i havnt had a NEW marker in a while and dont want a used one. :cheers:

BigEvil
07-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Well i have been shooting 68mags all my paintball life. I just want a small change. Its kinds like being married. Sometimes you wanna cheat :D So i think am going to. I found out that the Karnvior is going to be discontinued. It looks like i am going to get a Black Magic. ^^^ thaks for the offer but i havnt had a NEW marker in a while and dont want a used one. :cheers:

If Tuna has boards, he can build you a new emag.

Badmovies.org
07-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Running an x-valved mechanical mag with an adjustable tank, you can keep up with anything out there. Something I have noticed over the past few months is other players running away from me. This includes people shooting electros.

Heck, one guy with an Ion is planning on getting an x-valved AGD marker, just because he is tired of being on the other end of mine.

skife
07-27-2007, 08:45 PM
mech cocker... slider...

nuff said.

mag_lover05
07-27-2007, 10:32 PM
mech cocker... slider...

nuff said.

any baller thats been around knows you can hit 10 bps on those with tons of practice.. god i loved my slider frame.

BigTrucker
07-28-2007, 07:40 PM
well i dont know beans about cockers so i dont even know what a slider is. I am going to get an Xvalve. Just waiting and some more cash and for Roman at AGD to let me know when my marker is ready. I sent it in for leak repairs, i got it off of ebay for my wife to use but she changed her mind about playing :mad:

skife
07-28-2007, 08:14 PM
well i dont know beans about cockers so i dont even know what a slider is. I am going to get an Xvalve. Just waiting and some more cash and for Roman at AGD to let me know when my marker is ready. I sent it in for leak repairs, i got it off of ebay for my wife to use but she changed her mind about playing :mad:

slider is the single finger trigger that slid back instead of hinged back like the "modern" 2 finger trigger.

sliders are awesome.

punkncat
07-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Running an x-valved mechanical mag with an adjustable tank, you can keep up with anything out there. Something I have noticed over the past few months is other players running away from me. This includes people shooting electros.

Heck, one guy with an Ion is planning on getting an x-valved AGD marker, just because he is tired of being on the other end of mine.

I tried doing that and the local field said I had to cap it at 15 like the others.....much less fun when you can't use your marker to ots fullest with an adjustable.
26 or so BPS w/ mine at 1100 PSI

hmudd13
07-29-2007, 02:43 AM
I love my Black Magic. :bounce:

Don't get me wrong, I love my mags too.

kenndogg
07-29-2007, 05:50 AM
It looks like i am going to get a Black Magic. ^^^ thaks for the offer but i havnt had a NEW marker in a while and dont want a used one. :cheers:

I seriously hope you mean the old school full body black magic or the Jeff Orr limited edtion and not the Select-Fire framed half blocked one.

Badmovies.org
07-29-2007, 06:37 AM
I tried doing that and the local field said I had to cap it at 15 like the others.....much less fun when you can't use your marker to ots fullest with an adjustable.
26 or so BPS w/ mine at 1100 PSI

That is really quick - I am guessing that you are using the RT on/off and not a ULT? With my ULT in and the pressure at 1200 psi I get around 20 from what I can tell. When playing, I drop the pressure down to 1050-1100 range and that takes a bit away and puts me in the 15 bps range. Plus, I shoot short controlled bursts and can still fire single shots.

If I was firing full auto and on long strings, I would expect them to jump on me. It seems like the people who overshoot and get called on it are often the tourney players who are playing woodsball. That has been my experience at that field and the other in the area.