PDA

View Full Version : e-mag lowers not working properly

OEM Petey
07-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Be forewarned, I don't my digital camera with me. So i'll have to do some explaining.

Basically, i got to the park and my emag wouldn't fire in electro or hybrid mode. I figured that battery may have been dead since i forgot to put the yellow pin back in.

I tried to use a buddy's charged pack from his xmag, but still a no go.

the lcd screen didn't even light up, no clicking could be heard.

I am charging the battery as we speak.. and i decided to check out the board for anything that may have burnt. I did notice that the white wire connection from the solenoid to the (excuse my lack of knowledge with electrical components, I hated my EE classes :p ) rectangular chip on the top right of the board looked like it may have burnt out.

But I was thinking, would that affect the board not even powering up the LCD?

Any other suggestions on what to check out?

I checked the ground screw near the batter pack and its secure. Everything else on the board seems to be intact.

Thanks in advance :)

Geronimo7
07-24-2007, 01:21 PM
I have found out the hard way if you take your rail off withour removing the sear axle pin first you can bend the plunger rod making your mag not shoot. To check this degass the gun
and tilt the marker back to forward if the sear is moving freely than that may not be your problem. Just a suggestion.

OEM Petey
07-24-2007, 09:36 PM
sear and plunger are intact

thanks for the suggestions though

Tao
07-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Well two obscure things I have run into.

1) The battery sometimes doesn't make proper contact so give it a smack after you screw it on.

2) If one of the back buttons is pushed in it will do weird things, or if the trigger is "on" when the pwer is on. Basically if the electroics detect the trigger being fired on boot up. This is cause either by accident;y having the trigger pulled when you pull the pin, or your trigger is set to fire to far forward (back out the set screw with the magnet which trips the hall sensor).