PDA

View Full Version : co2 anti siphon tank

i wish
07-24-2007, 12:46 AM
i read the manual and it said i should get a co2 tank with an anti siphon tube

any clues where i can get one?

ta2maki
07-24-2007, 12:58 AM
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=ZplyNsZ_TwBy4oDa8j6ynsy2bugWbB81LtE=?Pro ductID=XbusFAY702gAAAD3YFmlA_2t

The best way is to get an anti-syphon tube installed on the tank you already have by an airsmith, as the tank should be matched to the gun.

questionful
07-24-2007, 01:19 AM
Well, it just has to be matched to the ASA.

chairman_mao
07-24-2007, 07:02 AM
You may have difficulty getting an anti-syphon tube installed on a tank you already own. I have been told by several local shops that airsmiths are no longer doing this due to new regulations put in place after the "rocket tank" deaths a few years ago. Apparently these regulations place heafty penalties on those who would chose to "alter" a commercial tank. I am not sure the section of the regulations or if they really exist but this is what I was told my more than one person.

y0da900
07-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Installing an anti-siphon is not altering the tank though, it is altering the valve on the tank. Removing the regulator or valve from the tank is required by the government for air travel, I can't see them making it illegal to remove or change.

Jaan
07-24-2007, 10:42 AM
My local shop will do that for you.

Probably the easiest way is to mail them the ASA you plan on using and having them match a valve, or a valve and tank, to it. You could also just buy the ASA from them too so you don't have to mail them anything.

Anyway, it's easy to do...I've done it myself at home. A lot of local shops still do it. If that's not an option you can have it done mail order.

flyingpootang
07-25-2007, 12:42 AM
check warpig.com technical pages on hoe to make one cheap..

C.J.
07-25-2007, 08:18 PM
All my tanks are anti-siphon, installed by me with the guidance of a local air-smith.

While it's true the anti-siphon pickup needs to be at the top of the tank when it's screwed into the ASA, this isn't a problem because you don't need to screw the tank onto the ASA until it bottoms out.

I learned this when I switched markers and the anti-siphon didn't line up. I just unscrewed it until the alignment marker was up and turned the on/off "on." (note: this may be more difficult if you don't have some form of on/off as the tank will pressurize as soon as the pin is depressed)

Jaan
07-25-2007, 09:23 PM
that only works well if the anti syphon is close to being up...sometimes you can put an o-ring in the ASA or something. It doesn't work well if it's closer to 180 degrees off.

z1p101
07-25-2007, 10:52 PM
If you get a vertical ASA like the one on the mini mag and screw the tank into it you do not have to worry about anti siphon tanks.

Plus factor. You can use any standard CO2 tank you want and never have a liquid problem unless you shoot the marker sideways or up side down.

Minus factor. A large object (the tank) on the bottom of your marker that no ball will ever bounce off of. You may need to find a T stock to attach to the bottom of your frame to put against your shoulder when you shoot.

ThePixelGuru
07-25-2007, 11:52 PM
If you get a vertical ASA like the one on the mini mag and screw the tank into it you do not have to worry about anti siphon tanks.
That's what I do, works great for me. Or I use my bottom line ASA and just don't shoot my 'mag at the ground. Or an expansion chamber, or a big coiled steel braided line.

Point being, doesn't matter how you keep liquid CO2 out of your 'mag just so long as you do. I've never found an anti-siphon tank to be necessary.