PDA

View Full Version : mag not working.

Jason R
07-24-2007, 11:22 AM
I have a minimag and for some strange reason it vents air and doesnt cycle all the way. i oiled after i last used it and now it just shoots full auto and the bolt wont finish a complete cycle. and if i adjust the pressure and try it it just vents air and the bolt sticks. any help is much wanted. thanks.

Jason R
07-24-2007, 11:48 AM
i also think my mini has a lvl7 kit installed as of now. any help? when it shoots/cycles it sounds also watery.

mstrdbz
07-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Start with your air supply, make sure you've got enough pressure to cycle correctly. Then go to the on/off, make sure all the orings are still in good condition. Lastly, check your bolt and sear for wear, as well as unrestricted movement.

What is your setup? (Valve, body, frame, etc.)

athomas
07-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Replace the bolt spring. A weak or worn one will cause bolt stick and strange firing issues.

pierce
07-24-2007, 02:28 PM
You could check your power tube o-ring also.

Jason R
07-24-2007, 03:58 PM
i know very little about mags but everything looks fine to me. i may ave to send it into AGD for repairs. i have no idea about what could be wrong.thank god i have 3 warrenty stars. and how do i register my mag?

Cleric
07-24-2007, 04:56 PM
do the system check, see if it leaks holding the trigger in, the sprinkler sound, etc...its all online/in the manual

Jason R
07-24-2007, 05:21 PM
it only leaks when the trigger pulled and the pressure is high enough

Cleric
07-24-2007, 06:35 PM
that would be the power tube oring if im not mistaken

Jason R
07-25-2007, 08:30 AM
does anyone have a number i can call so i can see if i can send it in? id like to to a rt swap thing or can i not do that?

Jason R
07-25-2007, 08:53 AM
and how do i put a new power tubo oring on?

cdc120602
07-25-2007, 11:07 AM
http://www.airgun.com <-- You'll find contact info there.

To put a power tube o-ring in: Remove power tube tip and spacer. Ensure that there is no power tube o-ring there. If there is, remove it. Place new o-ring in power tube. Replace power tube spacer. Replace power tube tip.

Jason R
07-25-2007, 07:54 PM
ive called the number and it comes up as a cellphone number. is it supposed to be a cell number? if not then i messed up somewhere. thanks for the help guys.

Jason R
07-26-2007, 08:45 AM
also the valve is a 68 Automag A.I.R. Valve. if that helps at all.

cdc120602
07-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Before you go spending money sending it in, take it apart and make sure you have everything. http://www.airgun.com/downloads/valveexplodedview.pdf <-- There's the exploded view diagram. If everything's there and it's still not right, get a repair kit. It should come with all the o-rings and a new bolt spring. I think before you do all that, though, you should check your sear and bolt for wear. That is, of course, if your power tube o-ring is ok.

pierce
07-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Jason if you are mechanically inclinded don't be afraid to take the valve apart. It is a simple but excellent design. You can't damage or tear it up unless you do something really stupid (I don't think you will), but if you're that unsure send it to AGD.

Jason R
07-28-2007, 10:03 AM
all right think i see how to get it. ill order a rebuild kit and a new sear. mines a little worn but i migh as well rebuild it now rather than later. thanks for the help. i defintaly like my mag more than my timmy(which is going up for sale when i get a new barb,asa,and feedneck)

athomas
07-29-2007, 07:52 AM
If you can see the wear on the sear, then it is definately a cause for concern. A worn sear can cause air to vent out the front. The gun not fully cycling, can be caused by a worn bolt spring. The bolt spring is a consumable item that needs to be replaced periodically.

Most mags can be repaired with a good cleaning. After a lot of use, some parts do need to be replaced. Most of these are orings. The mag is very easy to maintain and most problems can be fixed by the user at the field, so you get the most out of your day of play.

Jason R
07-30-2007, 06:26 AM
yeah i cleaned everything out and low and behold i relized that thbe brass thing in the on/off was missing. i found an extra and put it in and it works great.thanks for the help