PDA

View Full Version : My "new" toy

mpsd
07-24-2007, 03:49 PM
That's a Tippmann 68 Special made back 1995 or so (one of the last).

I bought it last week from the first owner of it. The guy bought it new at the time, used it twice and stopped playing paintball. After sever years he started to made a move to a new home and found it in a box on his closet. He put it for sale on Mercado Livre (Brazil's equivalent to eBay) and I couldn't resist. I had on of these like 12 or 13 years ago so I couldn't pass it.

You can see on the pictures the excelent "as new" condition it is. The sight, loader and CO2 tank were mine already.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/Tippmann/DSC01863.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/Tippmann/DSC01864.jpg

wetwrks
07-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Nice! (slobber, drewl...cleaning keyboard) I always loved the early tippmanns. I couldn't afford the smg-60 when I started, but it was like the holy grail.

Jason R
07-24-2007, 04:41 PM
very nice setup. i like it alot.

BigEvil
07-24-2007, 04:48 PM
NICE. I had 2 of those. Ahh memories. :cry:

mr doo doo
07-24-2007, 05:59 PM
wowowow, cool!

GT
07-24-2007, 06:00 PM
very cool

blizpaintball42
07-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Nice... I have one of these around here somewhere...

FiXeL
07-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Nice find! A friend of mine bought a used one a few months ago from a paintball shop. The cool thing was they had one NIB, with box, manual and patch. Great stuff.

These things kick as a mule, and need liquid COČ, but these are pretty spectacular to shoot tho. :)

mpsd
07-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks, guys! I love the kick that it does! It's trully awesome.

About running it with liquid CO2, that's the problem I'm having. I did try to use it with a preset air tank but it went full-auto and couldn't shoot a paintball. The only two CO2 cilinders I have now are this 7oz pictured and a 20oz, out of hydro. Both are stock tanks without a syphon. Would it be too bad to use the 7oz like it is? What happens if I use CO2 in gas form, instead of liquid?

Cold Steel
07-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks, guys! I love the kick that it does! It's trully awesome.

About running it with liquid CO2, that's the problem I'm having. I did try to use it with a preset air tank but it went full-auto and couldn't shoot a paintball. The only two CO2 cilinders I have now are this 7oz pictured and a 20oz, out of hydro. Both are stock tanks without a syphon. Would it be too bad to use the 7oz like it is? What happens if I use CO2 in gas form, instead of liquid?

You absolutely need to run this beast on liquid CO2. Some of the older distributors will probably still have siphon valves/siphon kits on the shelf if you call them up and ask. Your regular CO2 tank will work in cold weather, but not if the temp is much above freezing. Another solution maybe to contact a local business like a fire extinguisher dealer or National Welders. These folks would be knowledgable about how to convert your tank into a siphon tank (especially if you have the parts).

CS

flyingpootang
07-25-2007, 12:40 AM
you can buy all the tubing/fittings fro home depot to make a syphon tank. Check warpig.com technical pages to make a anti-syphon tank. Its the same concept except you extend the tube to the bottom of the co2 tank instead of making it into a J bend. Wallymart sells 20 oz tanks for 28.00...