PDA

View Full Version : RT Classic, from HPA to Co2??

elfofpaintball
07-24-2007, 04:57 PM
I have an RT classic and because of the fact that HPA (nitrogen) tanks are more expensive and heavier i was wondering is there any way to convert to being able to use Co2 and HPA?... safely

Coralis
07-24-2007, 05:25 PM
most likely you will have issues using CO2 with a rt valve, not saying it cant be done but by the time you by a decent expansion chamber, remote line or palmer stabilizer you could buy a cheap steel hp tank and have better shooting gun.

angrysasquatch
07-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Also, you will not get any of the gains of an RT valve, it will act as a poorly-preforming classic valve.

C.J.
07-24-2007, 08:14 PM
I have an RT classic and because of the fact that HPA (nitrogen) tanks are more expensive and heavier i was wondering is there any way to convert to being able to use Co2 and HPA?... safely

The RT and the X-Valve have such a fast recharge rate and there's so pronounced a pressure drop inside the valve even gaseous CO2 will instantly liquefy. Read the bold part again. This is not an issue of "getting liquid into the valve." CO2 gas will liquefy. Period.

In order to "convert" an RT, ReTro or X-valve to run on CO2, you'd have to reverse engineer it, basically slowing the recharge rate somehow. As this is at cross-purpose to the idea of these valves - fast recharge, high ROF - I doubt anyone's tried this.

The cheapest thing to do is buy a $45 Classic valve in the B/S/T forum.

ThePixelGuru
07-24-2007, 09:41 PM
The cheapest thing to do is buy a $45 Classic valve in the B/S/T forum.
Not to shoot you down, but I don't think this will work with his RT Classic. If he had an RT Pro it would work... Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

sTaLa
07-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Not to shoot you down, but I don't think this will work with his RT Classic. If he had an RT Pro it would work... Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

He's talking about changing the valve to be able to use CO2; in other words: to dump the RT Classic and to go for a classic ;).

Tao
07-24-2007, 10:54 PM

The rt can't use co2 because of the overall design of the valve. There is no way to mod it. You need a classic valve, but a classiv valve will not fit in a classic rt...

elfofpaintball
07-27-2007, 08:49 PM
i was more thinking of this theoretically, basically im perfectly happy with my RT as it is and have an HPA tank already, but thanks anyway.