PDA

View Full Version : Automag + Reballs = Bad experience

THA_RAT
07-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Hey,

Last week I went to play reball with my 68 automag (lvl 7 bolt). At first everything seemed okay. But later the reballs became a pain in the ***. Because of the "texture" they are not getting through the feedneck as they should. The get stuck right where the ball goes into the marker. When you pull the trigger, the bolt slams into the reball, so it can't fully cycle. But it's still not dropping in as it should. I've tried most elec hoppers, I've tried a grav hopper. But it all just seems to get stuck.

Has anyone had the same experience and know how to solve this problem.

THX, Joeri

punkrex
07-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Hey,

Last week I went to play reball with my 68 automag (lvl 7 bolt). At first everything seemed okay. But later the reballs became a pain in the ***. Because of the "texture" they are not getting through the feedneck as they should. The get stuck right where the ball goes into the marker. When you pull the trigger, the bolt slams into the reball, so it can't fully cycle. But it's still not dropping in as it should. I've tried most elec hoppers, I've tried a grav hopper. But it all just seems to get stuck.

Has anyone had the same experience and know how to solve this problem.

THX, Joeri
Could it be that you have the older flatter powerfeed plug?

originalspyderxtra
07-25-2007, 04:42 PM
yeah you need a parabolic feed plug, the i have the old flater ones and those even stoped paint from moving good.

THA_RAT
07-26-2007, 08:16 AM
No, have a new feedplug.

Nobody has experience with a automag and reballs ???

cougar20th
07-26-2007, 11:14 AM
I know the local shop has some reballs that after alot of use have changed shape. They have gotten larger in some dimensions.

JRingold
07-26-2007, 06:50 PM
I've had no such issues, then again I have Center feed mags.

heisman01
07-26-2007, 09:18 PM
the balls may be warped, dirty,and/or both these will cause a feed problem

i run a reball center and we havent used anything but center feed so im not 100% why a powerfeed would jam....try upping your hoppers force settings and pull your plug out a bit

phizz
07-27-2007, 01:00 AM
strange.. I love my reballs, and use them in my mags all the time for testing. mind you I don't have any classic bodies anymore, excpet my mircomags and no problems.

Smoothice
07-27-2007, 10:55 AM
make sure your barrel is lined up.

Yes I know that sounds stupid but I had a barrel that would just slightly untwist during the course of a game. This would cause the hole in the barrel not to match the hole in the feed tube. A ball would load half way and then be chopped with my level 7 bolt.

Obviously a reball will not chop therefore causing the bolt to slam and not recock.

Just something to look at.