PDA

View Full Version : Gimme The Low Down

ViceNinja
07-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Alright, guys...new to this particular forum as I just acquired a Minimag for $75. Now I'm trying to figure which way to take this marker. Any and all suggestions would be great. It already has some sort of ACI barrel, (didn't get the original) a drop and dove tail. Don't know what kind of internals are in it since I don't know ow to take it a part. I want to eventually bring this beast to its highest potential. :shooting:

Madmarx
07-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Well it depends on how crazy you want to get right off.
Pull the valve and see if you have a level 10 bolt (probably not, but check anyway)
Remove the field strip screw, disconnect the air line and slide the valve out.
You should take it apart anyway to make sure it's clean inside.
Clean it all up, lightly oil it and test fire it.
Post a pic too.
ULE bodies are a nice place to start too.
Double trigger frame.

Spider-TW
07-25-2007, 02:33 PM
You have plenty of company. Check out...

Tig's start (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=216744)

Check out the exploded views of the valve here and on airgun.com. That way when you ask questions everyone will know which part you are talking about. Besides the bolt, the type of on/off you ended up with will be important.

Used guns are very 'educational'.

:cheers:

divil
07-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Alright, guys...new to this particular forum as I just acquired a Minimag for $75. Now I'm trying to figure which way to take this marker. Any and all suggestions would be great. It already has some sort of ACI barrel, (didn't get the original) a drop and dove tail. Don't know what kind of internals are in it since I don't know ow to take it a part. I want to eventually bring this beast to its highest potential. :shooting:

I have the ACI Zero Gravity and its the best barrel I shot.