PDA

View Full Version : Mag question by a newer player

B-Pow
07-25-2007, 07:33 PM
I recently became very interested in mags after a friend let me use his e-mag. I'm not sure if I want to make that kind of an investment yet, if only so I don't use that amazing gun as a crutch.

But on to the point, I was looking at the Tac-one and the RT ULE Custom, however after dry firing the Tac-one I feel that it is basically impossible for me to walk. So my question is, does the ULT make the mechanical mags walkable?

punkncat
07-25-2007, 08:02 PM
First off, Welcome to the forum....

ULT will (not) make your trigger walkable. Nothing like a microswitch, but way lighter than the RT or classic on/off.

mr doo doo
07-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Welcome, welcome! you are going to love it here.

For some reason, with a little muscle, i can walk my RT valve, like 5-7 balls per second, but it has to be the right distance and PSI and whatnot. oh, did i mention no ULT?

Ninjeff
07-26-2007, 12:55 AM
You dont always have to "walk the trigger". Its nice, surely. And sometimes handy.

But really if your a good shot there is no need to walk the trigger. I got just as many eliminations (of not more) with my classic then i have with my emag.
Sometimes i found myself using my superior firepower as a crutch, instead of thinking and moving better like i did with my classic.

Not only that, but with my emag i tend to shoot about 40% MORE paint than i used to. Why? because i can. :D

Anyway, look into the tac one. Its a damn fine gun. And dont worry so much about walking it. 9 times out of 10 its not needed.

MoeMag
07-26-2007, 01:38 AM
Howdy there!

Mags shoot great. Just not very fast. It’s a fact of life. No modern e-trigger likeness to be found here unless you dump serious $$$ but more over TIME into one. If you want a fast electro go check out a DM, Quest, or Ego. But with my $0.02 on that... I love my mags. I have sold/given away EVERY other gun I have ever had except my first 2 Automags. 3 Tippmann, cocker, spyder,2 DM3, DM5, *cough* ion *cough*, DM6, angel one, and my Ego 06 is now my best friends 06 ego.
My classic mag has to be one of the most consistent guns I have ever shot. I get about 8 shots a second out of it with that glorious "klang" noise and kids say it sounds like a 50 bmg. (but quiet) Last week the owner at the field came up to me and said "those kids over there want to know if you are going to mount that 50 cal to your truck” I lol'ed.

The x-valved one has to be the lightest gun there is... and its just as good as the classic but a bit more snappy. Maybe 12 or so on a good day because of the RT trigger. I don’t have a ULT on mine because I like the RT effect A LOT.

Automags are the best shooting guns out. They are old so don’t expect modern features or ease of maintenance... But its so worth it.

So back to your question...

Forget about walking with a mech mag. You don't need to. Mags shoots straight.

:cheers:

Tac-OneFun
07-26-2007, 06:17 AM
I have a Tac-One with an RT trigger. It's not "walkable", but perhaps if i invested in the flatline reg it would be closer to being closer...

WSCopic
07-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Don't expect ease of maintenance? :eek:

Are you using the same Mags as the rest of us? The Mag is one of the most maintenance free markers I can think of. When it does go down, it is a breeze to rrplace all of the seals with basic hand tools and such. You must have been kidding, right? :)

luke
07-26-2007, 09:35 AM
With a properly setup ULT people are walking these. Generally it is with the two specific modifications offered by a local here on the board. ;)

I won't make any claims on "how easy" it is, but it can be done...

angrysasquatch
07-26-2007, 02:20 PM
I walk my ULT X-valved mag. Its wouldn't be close to as fast as my old DM4, but set up right, I get the trigger to bounce under my fingers when I walk :D. If you want something more walkable than what a ULT will allow, you can try for a pneumag conversion, an e-pneumag conversion, or emag lowers.

DBC
07-26-2007, 02:42 PM
It is not walkable, but I can shoot my TAC-One with ULT at 6-7 balls a second.

B-Pow
07-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks for all the info guys, having a trigger that is walkable isn't necessary but sometimes knowing that you can do something like that is more than enough.

And I have found the "happy spot" once on that e-mag in mech mode where the response trigger goes full auto. The refs did not approve.