PDA

View Full Version : Fixing a Micro CA

Ruckus Fox
07-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Alright. Well...I have recently possessed a Micro C/A. A friend of mine told me to contact AGD tech support...but...since I'm afraid of being laughed at on the phone, I've come to the boards instead. I know...slightly less humiliating. =P

So...let me get straight to the point. I have a Micro C/A (in the mail) and the owner says that the check valve is broken. No biggie, I figure, it's not needed. But...I'm kind of entertaining the idea of a working check valve. So...heh...as loony as this sounds...can anyone fix it? Do the guys at AGD currently have spare parts from years and years ago?

Thank you much.

--Ruckus

angrysasquatch
07-26-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm sure they'll have some old parts. And they certainly won't laugh at you. I had an old micro-ca II. The check valve just holds the residual pressure from the spent 12-gram, its not needed. Just talk to AGD, I forgot how the whole thing worked but they'll help you out. Just out of curiosity, what marker are you planning on using it on?

Ruckus Fox
07-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Oh yes, I know that it's not necessary for it to work...but I'd like to restore it. :3 Right now, I plan on using it on my Piranha SB. At least until I decide whether or not to have the SB palmerized. After it actually gets to my doorstep, I'll give them a call. Until then, I'll check back here at this thread.

Thanks for your input! <3

--Ruckus

doc_Zox
07-26-2007, 05:01 PM
they are easy to tear down and rebuild

it prolly has a bad O-ring

Spider-TW
07-26-2007, 05:28 PM
they are easy to tear down and rebuild

it prolly has a bad O-ring
True enough, at least the tear down part. :rolleyes:
I lost part of mine in a house move. I think I have the check valve, but the seals were extremely gunked up. Since I never had it apart before that, I think it is factory grease that got old. I may have some parts left, but like doc says, yours probably needs cleaning and seals.

Watch out for the puncture pin, it is sharp. ;)

Ruckus Fox
07-26-2007, 05:46 PM
=x Sharp thingies? Owch! I'm prone to things that go "poke." But I'll see if I can determine what the problem is when it gets here.

--Ruckus

pump
07-27-2007, 02:35 AM
yeah once you remove the c clip it comes right out.....quiet ingenious they are, and fixing them is a snap

Ruckus Fox
07-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Owchies...I'll have to be extra careful then. Thanks for all of the input.

--Ruckus