PDA

View Full Version : O ring?

rmg
07-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Where the power tube screws onto the body of the valve, there is a thin redish oring. I can't seem to find it in any of the diagrams I've looked at. It doesn't come in any of the oring kits, at least not in the X-Valve kit, RT valve kit, or a classic valve kit. I need it for an X-Valve if that matters.
Could somebody point me in the right direction, I need one.

Thanks
Rich

angrysasquatch
07-26-2007, 09:58 PM
This is just an educated guess, but its possible that it's old red loctite. If it is hard, it definitely is.

rmg
07-27-2007, 11:31 AM
No, its an O ring.
I am having some trouble with the valve (I thought) I took it all apart, to inspect all the o rings. The power tube did not come off easy, there was some red loctite in there, but there is an oring also.
That needs replaced, when I put it back together it leaked. A wrap of teflon stopped the leak, but I just want to fix it correctly.
I still have the problem, but I need to do some more reading to figure it out. I just got the gun and it needed some cleaning.

StygShore
07-27-2007, 12:47 PM
If your powertube screws off of the valve assembly that is a pre-Level 7 valve - they were all welded on at that point as far as I know.

Chances are you will not find that o-ring anywhere in any AGD kit and you probably want to hit up your local hardware store to see if you can find a suitable replacement.

Styg

rmg
07-27-2007, 01:47 PM
"they were all welded on at that point as far as I know."
Well maybe thats why it was so hard to get apart? It wasn't welded but there was red locktight...I don't know how old it might be, but it does have the level X bolt. Its on an X-Mag, I assumed the level X was standard.....maybe not......I'm still learning :)