PDA

View Full Version : Leakin out barrel, but shoots fine after 1st.

SAMURAI "PREDATOR"
07-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Ok ive had my gun alost a year, its used. ule lvl 10, ok i noticed today it coughs first shot sometimes... but after that it shoots as good as ever. i noticed thsi before, but didnt think anything of it, thougt it was my grip. but it was eatin air badly/quikly....

and finally after some time off i oiled it up today to get it ready for this weekend. shoots great, but still coughs on first shoot...checked leaks everywhere, none. and finally found its leakin out the barrel, not bad but is eatin air.

wat can i do to fix this? and what is what on a automag had it aprt once tos ee how it worked but i ahev no idea whast what called on it, just know the parts by lookin at them...SORRY! for teh trouble..

cdc120602
07-27-2007, 07:30 PM
wat can i do to fix this? and what is what on a automag had it aprt once tos ee how it worked but i ahev no idea whast what called on it, just know the parts by lookin at them...SORRY! for teh trouble..

http://www.airgun.com/downloads/valveexplodedview.pdf <-- Should help out with the part names...

Coralis
07-27-2007, 09:27 PM
sounds like you might need to go down one carrier size on your level 10

athomas
07-29-2007, 07:56 AM
If its coughing, I would say you are getting a bit of bolt stick. The leak is most likely caused by too many shims installed. Remove your powertube shims and use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. You may need to go to the next larger carrier from where you are now. Use the same powertube carrier oring for each check.