PDA

View Full Version : Rant - old, abused, gun teching

trevorjk
07-28-2007, 12:13 PM
so i got i THINK a 98 cocker in the shop here with an old ram that was slightly bent. so i get the correct size wrench to unscrew the ram from the front block. i cant even get the ram to turn because it has been so over tightened into the front block. so i give it a little pressure to turn COUNTERCLOCKWISE to take the ram OFF of the front block, and that fitting in the front block snaps in half before i even get an 1/8th of a turn.

seriously, that sucks! that cost the shop $30ish :(

and the worst part is, there was NO locktite or teflon tape on the fitting, it was just that torqued into the front block

seriously people YOU DO NOT! need to over tighten things!

cdc120602
07-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Get 'em! This is why I love my Mag and all the AOers here. Mags are simple and everyone here knows how to work on them properly. The last time I was out to the field, I showed some kids how easy it was to take my Mag apart and the kids freaked. Then I showed them the few moving parts and how easy it was to fix if something went wrong. They told me that if something happened to their fancy electros that they had no clue how to fix them. Mind you, all these kids were on a team and had just come from a tourney. What's wrong with kids nowadays? They can't even fix the messes they make!

bentothejam1n
07-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Get 'em! This is why I love my Mag and all the AOers here. Mags are simple and everyone here knows how to work on them properly. The last time I was out to the field, I showed some kids how easy it was to take my Mag apart and the kids freaked. Then I showed them the few moving parts and how easy it was to fix if something went wrong. They told me that if something happened to their fancy electros that they had no clue how to fix them. Mind you, all these kids were on a team and had just come from a tourney. What's wrong with kids nowadays? They can't even fix the messes they make!
what field were you at

cdc120602
07-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Homeland out by Topeka. It's a great field, but it's a bit of a drive. I found one that's about 10 minutes away since then. Was going to play there today, but too many people couldn't make it cause of other plans and one is still drunk from last night.