PDA

View Full Version : MAGS RULE! And a request for a favor.

raehl
07-29-2007, 03:43 AM
So, as I've gotten more and more involved in the industry, a few things have happened.

One, I almost never swing by AO anymore.

Two, I've pretty muched ceased playing entirely, which means I havn't used my equipment in LITERALLY three years. And last time I played, I just took my equipment and threw it in the bin totally uncleaned where it's been sitting all that time.

So, I've been having the itch, and some of the girls who work events for me want to try, so my wife has decided to get all the girls together and play a bit at the PSP Omaha event (on one of the empty fields). And to accomodate this, I have dug all the equipment out of the basement.

I have one working cocker, thanks to Mark Davis essentially demanding I send it to him a couple months back and him bringing it up to speed for me.

And, I have one working E-Mag, because, after I took it out of the bin and put some air on it (still had 1k in one of my tanks) IT STILL WORKS! At least, it does in manual, Havn't charged up the battery yet.

Downside, I think I manged to blow some AGD gun lube into my eye when I unscrewed the tank after running some oil through the gun. Ouch.

ANYWAY, I also need a favor from our wonderful AO readers:

Watch this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RP7g1scd4Jc

It's a clip from one of the three shows we put together for the College Paintball Championships this year. Watch it, then email it to your friends, embed it on your websites, whatever. More views we can get the better. And, it's pretty cool. If you really like it, hit up the NCPA website and preorder a DVD.

Thanks,
Chris

ProblemKinder
07-29-2007, 01:28 PM
:rolleyes:

mostpeople
07-29-2007, 01:43 PM
I hate lube in the eye lol

Smoothice
07-29-2007, 03:21 PM
I hate lube in the eye lol

thats what she said.

Ninjeff
07-29-2007, 05:02 PM
i think camera guys need to pick up on the angles a bit better. Instead of filming with the player center screen, try and film the angle the player is shooting. Getting the player still in the screen of course. Still, i understand its always easier in theory than execution. Good vid. Illput it on my myspace page just for giggles.

raehl
07-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Yeah, we know that. Part of it is just getting the camera guys used to where they need to be, and part of it is that when they're there, the cameras tend to get shot more, which then knocks them out for the rest of the point.

- Chris

going_home
07-29-2007, 06:57 PM
I actually liked the commentating.
Thats a first. If you have ever watched the pro's live on the net, the commentators
are so boring. They seem to use a lot of players from teams that are out or on a break.
The worst commentators I've seen on any sport except maybe golf, are doing live paintball.
The commentators on that video actually added to the broadcast, instead of detracting from it
with their lack of anything to say, or their stating the obvious, like most I've seen.

The only thing worse than commentators with nothing to say to add to the viewers experience watching the broadcast, are the stupid paintball videos with action but just music and no play by play. Or just the players cursing. Can you say DerDer ? :tard:

Ninjeff
07-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Yeah, we know that. Part of it is just getting the camera guys used to where they need to be, and part of it is that when they're there, the cameras tend to get shot more, which then knocks them out for the rest of the point.

- Chris

Understandable. And please dont think i was knocking on ya. :cheers:

OH! And i agree with the commentators part. I thought they did a decent job. Maybe brush up on terminology a tad.

raehl
07-29-2007, 10:23 PM
Understandable. And please dont think i was knocking on ya. :cheers:

OH! And i agree with the commentators part. I thought they did a decent job. Maybe brush up on terminology a tad.

Didn't think you were knocking at all. Believe me, I read everything looking for things we can do better. We're already trying to figure out a way for a camera to get shot and cleaned faster (takes about 60 seconds now)

Like anything else, they need more practice. I don't think Matty and Bea had worked together before, but they'll be back next year and the growing experience they have together will help.

- Chris

mostpeople
07-29-2007, 10:43 PM
thats what she said.

zing!!

Zone Drifter
07-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Uconn has a paintball team? Wow... well, maybe I shouldnt be as surprised. Although, the only thing we're good at is womens basketball, so I guess the other sports get overshadowed.

Ninjeff
07-30-2007, 01:28 AM
Didn't think you were knocking at all. Believe me, I read everything looking for things we can do better. We're already trying to figure out a way for a camera to get shot and cleaned faster (takes about 60 seconds now)

Like anything else, they need more practice. I don't think Matty and Bea had worked together before, but they'll be back next year and the growing experience they have together will help.

- Chris

tear aways. They use them in motocross, and well, just about ALL racing for helmets. When the "lens" takes a hit you just tear away the "film" and presto.

They used to make tear aways for JT spectra and flex masks. They came in packs of 5 or so in all the various tints. You just put 5 over your main lens (they slid in between the lense and the rubber part) and when you took splatter you just pulled on the little tab and ripped it off to expose the fresh "tear away" underneath.

I cant find those anymore, which is a shame. Still, you could probably find something that you can cut to work through sites that handle motorcycle racing. Worth a look anyway. Ive been trying to think of a way to do that with my hand held camcorder, but the lens is far too small.

Empyreal Rogue
07-30-2007, 08:43 AM
The NCPA President shoots an E-Mag? Nice.

I'm trying to get my school into the NCPA, but every time I speak to our Clubs/Sports director about Paintball I get ignored. Need a new approach... :(

Tac-OneFun
07-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Uconn has a paintball team? Wow... well, maybe I shouldnt be as surprised. Although, the only thing we're good at is womens basketball, so I guess the other sports get overshadowed.

are the team's really officially recognized by the colleges? are they official teams or official school-sanctioned clubs of some sort?

ThePixelGuru
07-30-2007, 05:28 PM
are the team's really officially recognized by the colleges? are they official teams or official school-sanctioned clubs of some sort?
When I was with the UMass Paintball Club, we were an RSO (Registered Student Organization). We got not enough funding from the Student Government Association and got our field taken away by the Department of Natural Resources Conservation. :p

ntn4502
07-30-2007, 11:02 PM

I got a varsity letter when are team actually wanted to play, they turned to CFOA though and that was the end of college paintball