PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Mag FPS problem

MosinM38
07-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Ok, got some problems with my minimag. Currently the minimag tech at Smokin'Products is looking at it. It shoots, and sounds nice and snappy. The problem is that when I went to chrono, it went up to around 173 max. Slowly turned the adjustment screw to raise fps, and then it makes a weird noise, and the air comes out of the adjust ment screw hole for the allen wrench. I also had some problems getting the trigger to activate. The safety had to be removed, as it didn't work. If anyone has any help it would be greatly appreciated. I'll get it back tomorrow and see how it works. Also, the tech said I need some carriers for my level 7 bolt, because it was a little sloppy. I think it was carriers, but I can't remember exactly, maybe a shim...
^^
its obvious i'm not a mag person...yet...

MM38

BigEvil
07-29-2007, 09:00 PM
I think you have the wrong guy looking at it :D

Get some pics and some specs and maybe someone around here can help you out better.

MosinM38
07-29-2007, 09:45 PM
I think you have the wrong guy looking at it :D

Get some pics and some specs and maybe someone around here can help you out better.

Lol, well I can try to get pics later. I explained my problem. I got news from him, that he's 95% sure that a new spring kit will fix it. LMK what you guys think, and where I can get a cheap spring kit. Thanks

MM38

questionful
07-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Sounds like a regulator problem. It sounds like the thing in your reg piston is out of whack. Check it, maybe replace it, idk, but it isn't supposed to be something you would need to replace.

BTW, I may be wrong, I've never shot a mag.

Coralis
07-29-2007, 11:34 PM
you could try replacing the regulator piston oring first if that doesnt take care of the problem then you probably need a regulator piston . Everything you need to fix a mag (a majority of the time) will be in a mag parts kit http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=7&categoryID=92

MosinM38
07-30-2007, 02:01 PM
you could try replacing the regulator piston oring first if that doesnt take care of the problem then you probably need a regulator piston . Everything you need to fix a mag (a majority of the time) will be in a mag parts kit http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=7&categoryID=92

Hmm, I want to make sure I get the right thing, and I was told it was a spring problem, and a spring kit would do it. ???

MM38

MosinM38
07-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Ok, my gun is back at my friends house. I'll post pics later tonight when I can. Any other suggestions and what the problem might be? lmk

mm38

rb211
07-30-2007, 06:19 PM
If you are leaking out the back at 173, you need a new reg piston. Don't try to adjust the set screw in the piston, just get a new one.

MosinM38
07-30-2007, 08:58 PM
If you are leaking out the back at 173, you need a new reg piston. Don't try to adjust the set screw in the piston, just get a new one.

Ok, can you tell me where to get a new one, how much, and how hard it is to install?
I took a bunch of close up pics. I just gotta go upload them. I just shot it also with co2. I pull the trigger slow, and it leaks until i pull the trigger all the way in. Like:

------shhhhhhh-------chink

^^
bad representation of how the trigger works. :D
Will get pics up soon.

mm38

rb211
07-30-2007, 09:18 PM
If you pull the trigger slow on a mag, it will do that.

You can get a piston here: http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=30&categoryID=18

Easy to install - just unscrew the reg nut, pull the old one out with a pick, and re-install the new one. They are $18

MosinM38
07-31-2007, 02:43 PM
My computer won't let me get pics up right now. Ok, I was tinkering and found out the part you guys are recommending I replace. I take out the hex screw that adjusts the velocity. What is the part right behind that with all the schims/layers. Then after that I found the reg piston. Should all of this be lubed, cause in my valve, the schim/layered object and the reg piston are completely coated in a white lubricant. LMK

Thanks

MM38

MosinM38
07-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Also, is there any way of looking at my piston that I can tell its bad before I spend 18 dollars I want to make sure that I know the correct part giving me the problems. Thanks

mm38

rb211
07-31-2007, 05:27 PM
I don't think you will be able to tell (visually) when the piston is bad. They are supposed to be lubed.