PDA

View Full Version : Body design finalized and in dealers forum

Xmagterror
07-29-2007, 09:14 PM
We finalized and tested the XT body design. I put all the info you need in a thread in the dealers forum.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218284

flyingpootang
07-30-2007, 11:15 AM
You got great skills, If you ever come out with a different design thats more my style I'll pick one up..

Jason R
07-30-2007, 02:19 PM
niiiiice body. i like it

Xmagterror
07-30-2007, 03:32 PM
lets get everyone on AO together and come up with some kind of scetch that everyone loves and it will not be a problem to do another body.

zazzoo
07-30-2007, 06:30 PM
lets get everyone on AO together and come up with some kind of scetch that everyone loves and it will not be a problem to do another body.
Make a Thread for a design contest A few Others have done it but never followed through you look like you follow through on Things so i really think a slug design thread would be great for you

kruger
07-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Make a Thread for a design contest A few Others have done it but never followed through you look like you follow through on Things so i really think a slug design thread would be great for you

I second this. Your design shows skills, but does not fall within my particular tastes. I would be willing to fork over some of my cash for a body that appeals to me. Now, having said that, I hope that you sell 40 gbazillion of your design. :)

Xmagterror
07-30-2007, 08:45 PM
before i start a new body project ive gotta sell some of these XT bodies 1st....we put in allot of hours into this project. no idea when we will have time to take on a new design......maybe late in the year but if nobody buys any of these bodies it would be a waste of time.

The XT bodies look great...the pics just do not do them justice!!!!!!!!!

The mill is humming as i type. we are milling slugs on the big Mazak

kruger
07-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Dont get me wrong, I think that you have done a great job with this first one, but I, as well as others, was thinking down the road. Not next week. I hope that you can sell more than you can make, I really do. But, as I said, this particular design doesnt appeal to my specific tastes, that doesnt make it bad. So, its the next one that I am looking forward to ;)

rifleman wi
07-30-2007, 09:57 PM
same here, cant wait to see it :)

Dont get me wrong, I think that you have done a great job with this first one, but I, as well as others, was thinking down the road. Not next week. I hope that you can sell more than you can make, I really do. But, as I said, this particular design doesnt appeal to my specific tastes, that doesnt make it bad. So, its the next one that I am looking forward to ;)

ghostdog2019
07-31-2007, 09:59 AM
You should open a thread for a custom design and vote on the best sketches provided similar to MOTM. Maybe you could offer free milling to the winning design or something like that. I actually have a design already made up. Let all of us here know if you would be interested in doing something like that.

-Mike Brothman

cougar20th
07-31-2007, 01:27 PM
You should open a thread for a custom design and vote on the best sketches provided similar to MOTM. Maybe you could offer free milling to the winning design or something like that. I actually have a design already made up. Let all of us here know if you would be interested in doing something like that.

-Mike Brothman

Sounds like a reasonable idea.

Im sure his designer would have a good amount of say in if any of the designs get put into 3d. From experiance designing stuff this complex and time consuming.

Some are just to complex to mill. It took 8 hours to cut one of the curent body. More complex could mean more mill time which should equal higher cost. The trick would be something nice that isnt to complex. The other huge problem is sometimes something 2d on paper looks good but looks horible in 3d no matter what you do.

The free mill time of course would be up to xmagterror.