PDA

View Full Version : why so inconsistant?

punkrex
07-29-2007, 09:59 PM
I was at the Chrono today and my velocity was all over the place :eek:
Compressed air 2k psi, Classic MM AIR valve with an RT on/off. Any ideas.

C.J.
07-29-2007, 10:15 PM
I was at the Chrono today and my velocity was all over the place :eek:
Compressed air 2k psi, Classic MM AIR valve with an RT on/off. Any ideas.

Has it been more consistent in the past? If so, go to question 2...
Is your paint fresh, matched to the barrel and of consistent size?

questionful
07-29-2007, 10:18 PM
I doubt it's the paint.
Check your reg seat?
What's the output on your tank?
Have you tried it with a classic on/off?

punkrex
07-29-2007, 10:52 PM
I recently rebuilt the whole marker with new o-rings and spring. Don't know my output for my bottle, its a crossfire non adjustable valve. Never hit the crono with the classic valve - the marker is new to me... :tard:

DaFin
07-30-2007, 12:12 AM
make sure the reg piston is clean, well oiled and the o-ring is in good shape

punkrex
07-30-2007, 09:15 AM
piston is well oiled, clean and has a new oring... any other guesses? Could it just need to be well broken in after rebuilding it?

C.J.
07-30-2007, 09:16 AM
piston is well oiled, clean and has a new oring... any other guesses? Could it just need to be well broken in after rebuilding it?

Level-10 or Level-7 bolt? I switched back to the Level-7 from the 10 on a Classic because the 10 is far less tolerant of pressure fluctuations and paint inconsistencies.

What kind of fluctuations are you getting over the chronograph?

punkrex
07-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Level 7,
I'm +/- 40 fps

pierce
07-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Check your reg seat (make sure it's clean). Also check that your spring pack is not in a bind (screw it out, then back in again).

Spider-TW
07-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Do check your paint. Humid weather and poor storage can get to some brands more than others. I usually let my xvalve flop all around +/-20 fps with cheap paint, poor weather, mis-matched barrel (for the swollen balls :rolleyes: ), and reactivity changes.

However, last weekend was nice even weather of just hot and humid and we had some marbalizer that was really tight. I don't have a barrel kit for my twistlock body, so I ran the paint though my different barrels. My old crown-point was a perfect fit. I chronied 280,280,278 which is the closest this year. I got to 'ping' all morning, with a reactive trigger too. :dance:

Is that a classic MM body as well? Either way, check the frame screw and the thumb screw, sometimes they need finger tight or wrench snug in one or the other. The misalignment seems to cause dragging on the bolt.

punkrex
07-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Do check your paint. Humid weather and poor storage can get to some brands more than others. I usually let my xvalve flop all around +/-20 fps with cheap paint, poor weather, mis-matched barrel (for the swollen balls :rolleyes: ), and reactivity changes.

However, last weekend was nice even weather of just hot and humid and we had some marbalizer that was really tight. I don't have a barrel kit for my twistlock body, so I ran the paint though my different barrels. My old crown-point was a perfect fit. I chronied 280,280,278 which is the closest this year. I got to 'ping' all morning, with a reactive trigger too. :dance:

Is that a classic MM body as well? Either way, check the frame screw and the thumb screw, sometimes they need finger tight or wrench snug in one or the other. The misalignment seems to cause dragging on the bolt.

It was humid and high 70's but my Anarchys (love the apple smell) were fresh and slightly undersized for my AA barrel, not one barrel break and always flew straight-- no wizzers :ninja: so I am highly doubting the paint aspect... I am at a loss for now.

Freebird
07-31-2007, 03:34 PM
this happend to me and it was my regulator seat seal was out of place, i flipped it over and got more consistant +/- 8fps