PDA

View Full Version : Bass Ackwards ?

going_home
07-30-2007, 08:04 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTOMAG-RT-Pro-MINT-PLUS-EXTRAS_W0QQitemZ290144386430QQihZ019QQcategoryZ160 48QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Pretty different setup, whew.

:tard:

Madmarx
07-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Appears that it just may be a tad front heavy!!! :rolleyes:

kruger
07-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Maybe it acts like a vibration dampner on a Bow. Other than that, I can see no purpose for mounting the grip that way. Looks a little goofy to me......

going_home
07-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Maybe it acts like a vibration dampner on a Bow. Other than that, I can see no purpose for mounting the grip that way. Looks a little goofy to me......

Not to mention....look which way the asa is mounted.
The bottle is out front.
How you gonna be able to hit anything if you're not prone ?

drg
07-30-2007, 08:34 PM
I suppose the idea is to hold it there "shotgun style"?

ahellers
07-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Ive seen lots of guys that play with backwards ASAs and love it that way. however the forgrip is kinda goofy.
t

BigEvil
07-30-2007, 08:57 PM
I used to mount a fake pump handle on my old minimag and hold it like a rifle stock. I could never get used to the whole "pistol" thing. I grew up shooting rifles and that foregrip just didnt feel right. It took me a long time to get comfortable with them.

kruger
07-30-2007, 09:04 PM
did not notice the asa on backwards, so the "shotgun" style is probably what it it. There is a guy on my team that sometimes shoots a flatline A5 with a backwards asa. Loves it. Puts all the weight in a nice tight package. And, he is good with it too.....

madcrisis
07-30-2007, 11:11 PM
i like it alot looks comfy

robnix
07-30-2007, 11:49 PM
i like it alot looks comfy

A buddy of mine plays with his classic mag with his tank out front. He uses the tank to steady the marker. People laugh, but he's a deadly shot.

Paintchucker
07-30-2007, 11:55 PM
the flat black piece of the foregrip almost looks like a standard gas through. If that is the case, it would convert back to a "normal" rt in no time...

wetwrks
07-31-2007, 01:09 AM
My first "real" paintgun was set up with the tank (or 12gram quick change) to point towards the front like that. This was in the early 90's. This was with an old WGP Ranger pump gun. I recently saw another set up that way and the caption stated that was called the "Hawaiian style". I kinda think I did it first and it should be the "Colorado Style". :cuss:

Here it is (the hawaiian style, not mine):

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f387/JiuJitsuFighter-1978/DSCN0008.jpg

questionful
07-31-2007, 01:30 AM
"hawaiian style" comes from "island style", which comes from the fact that a lot of early tourneys were held on some island in some state (I forget :tard: ), and the dudes there found that mounting your bucket changer backwards bottomline was purdy fast.

Or at least that's what I read somewhere. . .

What I've been wanting to do for a while is get one of those wedges and mount that backwards, then run hawaiian style on that.

onedude36
07-31-2007, 02:37 AM
"hawaiian style" comes from "island style", which comes from the fact that a lot of early tourneys were held on some island in some state (I forget :tard: ), and the dudes there found that mounting your bucket changer backwards bottomline was purdy fast.

Or at least that's what I read somewhere. . .

What I've been wanting to do for a while is get one of those wedges and mount that backwards, then run hawaiian style on that.
Rhode island... yes i know its not an island :tard:

ta2maki
07-31-2007, 03:19 AM
Rhode island... yes i know its not an island :tard:
No, I think it was New Hampshire. They had a popular paintball field on a lake island. Which people called the 'island'.

hitech
07-31-2007, 09:16 AM
I used to mount a fake pump handle on my old minimag and hold it like a rifle stock.

I always held them that way also. I changed when I got the warp. That was the only thing that made me change the way I hold a marker...

:cheers: