PDA

View Full Version : Will a z-grip for a Classic Mag fit an RT-PRO?

beam
01-09-2002, 08:15 AM
Trying to sell my z-grip. It is for the classic/68 mag. Will this fit an RT-Pro? I think it will, but need to be certain.

Thanks.

Potatoboy
01-09-2002, 08:16 AM
yes

TheTramp
01-09-2002, 11:21 AM
It sure will.

Smokee_2_7
01-09-2002, 01:50 PM
I dunno if i just have a weird z grip, but no.

I tried to put the z grip from my mag onto an rtPro, and here was the problem I an into. the bofy rail is wider on the rt pro, whereas on my regular mags it is a little more narrow. If you take off the grip and look at it from the top (where it connects the rail) the surface is not completly even on mine. What i mean is this. (imagine thas as if your looking at the gun dissasembled from the back)
_____
\___/ - body rail

\___/ - top of frame where it connects to body rail
[ ]
[ ] - grip portion
[ ]

on my mags, the 2 peices fit together fine. but, when i tried to put it on my buddies rt pro, heres what it looked like:

_____
/_____\ - rtpro rail (note the wider flat surface

\___/ - top of zgrip frame.
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Now, upon closer inspection, I realize that i Could get my grip to fit both guns. . . it would mean milling off the raised rails that run along the sides of the top of the frame. . . so it would look more like a benchmark from the top, or a stock frame from the top.

\___/ -current z-grip top as viewed from back.

___ - shave off the raised rails on either side of the frame.

Hope this helps. If someone has successfully actually put a z-grip from a mag on to an rtpro without milling, then My z-grip is different than everyone elses.

Butterfingers
01-09-2002, 06:33 PM
The old ones wont the new ones will...

The old ones have wings you have to shave off in order for it to fit the RT pro body rail.

Some of the new reproduced z-grips don't have wings because they are essentially RT z-grips with a bushing for the feild strip screw. They will fit all mechanical automag markers.

PyRo
01-09-2002, 09:17 PM
Smokie is right, the wings on the classic z-grip prevent you from using it on an rt, or rt pro.
The rt z-grip can be used on both the rt, and the classic though.

paintbattler
01-10-2002, 03:14 PM
i dunno bout that.my teammate andi can exchange frames.it wierd but we can and my teammate has an r pro

PyRo
01-10-2002, 03:36 PM
Paintbattler, you probably have an RT frame.