PDA

View Full Version : xvalvue trouble

paintballpunk435
07-31-2007, 03:49 PM
I am having trouble w/ my xvalvue leaking.....i have added and subtracted shims, i have put on the smalled carrier replaced o-rings, and it still insists on leaking, and i even oiled the thing too.....please help....it doesnt leak a lot but its enough that it gets annoying...and its a waste of perfectly usable air... please help me
thanks

paintballpunk435
08-01-2007, 11:51 PM
please help.... im out of ideas on how to fix the leak

questionful
08-01-2007, 11:56 PM
When you hold the trigger down does it still leak?

Check/replace the o-rings in your on/off.

Where does the leak come from?

Spider-TW
08-02-2007, 08:46 AM
When you hold the trigger down does it still leak?
It sounds like you are sure your leak is coming from your lvl 10 bolt. If the leak stops with the trigger held down after firing, then it should be your bolt.

There are a few good stickies on lvl 10 bolt tuning. With some more details on the main spring, carriers, and shims you have been using, some of the other guys can probably take you on a shorter route.

If the lvl 10 bolt will hang on to the power tube when you let hang down vertically, your carrier should be tight enough. You want the biggest (loosest- most loose) carrier that will do that. When checking your carrier size for leaks, take all of the shims out. Make sure you have your white backing washer in there and your oring is in good shape.

paintballpunk435
08-02-2007, 10:32 AM
when i hold the trigger in after firing it does not leak

Coralis
08-02-2007, 05:36 PM
remove the shims and try a new carrier oring also maker you have the Level 10 backup washer installed http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=291&categoryID=38

paintballpunk435
08-03-2007, 12:29 AM
you mean the bumper?

questionful
08-03-2007, 01:14 AM
Don't think so. Find a lvl10 manual.

pierce
08-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Like Questiomful said check your on/off o-rings, if thats not it try spraying some windex or bubble liquid on it (while air up of coarse) to help pin point the leak.

questionful
08-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Or just dunk it in water. Z-man did it.

paintballpunk435
08-08-2007, 01:16 AM
can you guys hook me up w/ a diagram w/ a parts list so i can know if its a washer or a bumper lol as previously stated above

ghostdog2019
08-08-2007, 07:27 AM
The washer everyone is speaking of is located inside the power tube. It is a thin white solid washer that lies flush inside the bottom of your powertube tip. If you take out your carrier and all orings you should be able to see this washer. If it is not there then you need to replace that. If the washer is not there you may want to check the valve internals for any missing orings. My buddy did this. I had to use a dental pick to get the oring out for him.

All this a side I think your problem lies in level 10 tuning. Here is what you should try step by step and then post results:

1. Start with smallest carrier no shims and check for leaks. If no leaks continue on to the next carrier size up until you get to one that leaks. Then go back down one carrier and add shims until level 10 activates properly. I usually stick my squeegie in the breech to test.

2. If no carriers prodcue a none leaking gun, then I would check the carrier oring and look to replace. I am not sure how old your x-valve is but I know my first x-valve came with a bad batch of carrier orings. I actually just used a spare from a previous level 10 kit and all problems were solved. This may be a problem but more then likely it is the carrier.

Hopefully we can get you back up and running

-Mike Brothman

Spider-TW
08-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Level 10 pic (http://www.airgun.com/Products/lvl10.shtml)

Part #1 is actually white. If yours is black, maybe you can sell it on ebay as 'very rare' or 'factory prototype'.

Level 10 Guide (http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml)

MeŠiCX
08-08-2007, 11:16 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217406

I had the same small hissing leak. It wasn't from the on/off or bolt. Instead it was coming from the end of the valve (stainless part the bolt slides on). The threads were lock tighted and I didn't even know that came off. Theres a large thin o-ring on those threads. Clean it and oil it. Your leak will go away ;)

paintballpunk435
08-09-2007, 03:17 PM
im at the smalled carrier size and the o-ring looks good.....i tested it w/ no shims and it still leaks...as far as that o-ring on the screw...can you explain that a little more in detail? b/c i am confused as to what you mean lol

MeŠiCX
08-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Its the stainless steel part between my thumb and finger that the bolt slides on. That unscrews from the main body of the valve. That is where your leak is coming from.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/medicx/FS/Picture.jpg

paintballpunk435
08-09-2007, 10:42 PM
ooo lol thank you...i will test it tomorrow b4 i go to work...hopefully that will solve my prob

athomas
08-10-2007, 07:48 AM
I highly doubt there is a leak where the stainless front screws onto the aluminum back. That is a very rare leak. Most leaks are out the front of the powertube. You can verify this by listening down the barrel or feedneck.

If you are getting the leak with no shims and the smallest carrier size, change the carrier oring even if it looks good. If it still leaks, check your sear for wear. Make sure your rail bushing is in place.

MeŠiCX
08-10-2007, 08:05 AM
That's where my leak was and he described his exactly like mine. He replaced carriers and carrier o-rings but no improvement. Put your finger down the feedneck and push back on the bolt. If the leak doesn't change or stop, most likely it isn't a carrier leak. A leak from between the stainless front and aluminum back may be rare but it does happen.

paintballpunk435
08-13-2007, 01:25 PM
o crap....the rail bushing....i kinda lost that lol

athomas
08-14-2007, 05:26 AM
The lack of a rail bushing will cause all sorts of problems just like you are experiencing.

paintballpunk435
08-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Its the stainless steel part between my thumb and finger that the bolt slides on. That unscrews from the main body of the valve. That is where your leak is coming from.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/medicx/FS/Picture.jpg
how am i supposed to take that off?

paintballpunk435
08-21-2007, 03:56 PM
and its leaking from where the air enters the valve from the hose of my air system

athomas
08-21-2007, 09:58 PM
and its leaking from where the air enters the valve from the hose of my air systemGet some liquid high pressure sealer or some teflon tape and redo the joint.

I wouldn't take the front of the valve off just yet. Its not meant to come off. Make sure your rail bushing is in place first.

paintballpunk435
08-22-2007, 09:22 AM
isnt that also called the bumper?, its leaking thro the valve from where the 90degree macroline fitting is inside the valve

paintballpunk435
08-22-2007, 11:01 PM
isnt that also called the bumper?, its leaking thro the valve from where the 90degree macroline fitting is inside the valve
can someone help me plz?

Dend78
08-23-2007, 07:51 AM
if its leaking from around the macro fitting take the fitting out put some teflon tape on it thread it back in reconnect your hose those should fix yr problem there. if its leaking from in between the two pieces of the valve youve got a bad/missing oring insde there somewhere

athomas
08-23-2007, 07:31 PM
isnt that also called the bumper?, its leaking thro the valve from where the 90degree macroline fitting is inside the valveNo, the bumper is the rubber washer that goes on the front of the valve. The bolt rests against it when the valve is ready to fire.

The rail bushing is a small spacer that fits inside the hole in the rail where the rear thumbscrew holds the valve in place.

Get some thread sealer (teflon tape or high pressure thread sealer) and fix the leaking fitting.

paintballpunk435
08-24-2007, 10:01 AM
ok, but its leaking thro the fitting into my valve lol..how much to the bushings cost?

athomas
08-24-2007, 01:46 PM
ok, but its leaking thro the fitting into my valve lol..how much to the bushings cost?If its leaking from the macroline fitting, its leaking outside the valve. There is no place where a macroline fitting can leak into the valve.

Here is the rail bushing; http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=403&categoryID=95

paintballpunk435
08-25-2007, 09:12 PM
thanks, ill let you guys know if it still continues to leak

paintballpunk435
09-01-2007, 01:20 PM
my mag finally stopped leaking