PDA

View Full Version : Ult Rt?

questionful
08-01-2007, 09:01 PM
I don't get how the ULT eliminates bounce. Is it because there is bounce, just not enough to sweetspot? And I don't get what shims do, do they exchange trigger pull for flow?

flyingpootang
08-01-2007, 09:08 PM
The ULT surface area of the on/off pin is smaller which reduces the reactive (bounce) effect. The shims shorten the pin stroke/activation point giving it a lighter pull.

questionful
08-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Hm. So the point of shims is to get the on/off pin as close to the on position as possible while in the off position? Wouldn't that be useless without trigger stops?

And I completely forgot, I was also going to ask about how a ULT performs in a classic valve. So. . . I've heard it is very easy to shortstroke, why is that?

pierce
08-02-2007, 03:40 PM
The shims take the place of having to buy different size pins (on/off pins). You can adjust it to your liking buy adding or subtracting them( verses adding a longer or shorter pin). As for the Classic Mag, you can short stroke it to begin with, so with a ULT it's that much easyer to do (lighter trigger, finger wants to move faster, hence short strokes easyer). Hope this helps.