PDA

View Full Version : Deadlywind milling

DocRocker
08-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Hey I was just wondering, has anyone heard from Colin in regards to when his first batch of Kartas should be done? I dont want to bother him too much... plus he's not good at returning emails anyways.

DocRocker
08-01-2007, 11:54 PM
I know I know... I just dont want to bug him. I figured if someone else has recently heard from him, maybe they could share their info on the Kartas. Last I heard "they maybe ready in 2 weeks", but that was like 4 weeks ago.

AirAssault
08-02-2007, 12:56 AM
Well I sent mine in a few days after I received them and have heard nothing. I to am wondering what kind of progress is being made. He told me on the phone it may take a few months.

MedicDVG
08-02-2007, 01:33 AM
I got an e-mail from him last week. Mine is cut, just needs to go to polishing. So I am thinking mid August until I get it at the earliest. Can't wait either!

Empyreal Rogue
08-02-2007, 08:08 AM
6-8 weeks was the timeframe I was given for a raw finish.

robnix
08-02-2007, 10:51 AM
I got an e-mail from him last week. Mine is cut, just needs to go to polishing. So I am thinking mid August until I get it at the earliest. Can't wait either!

I talked to him a few weeks ago. Body is milled and getting polished, rail was about to be.

mostpeople
08-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Looking foreward to getting my dallara from him :)

PBChappy
08-02-2007, 03:25 PM
have not heard back but he told me when i sent mine it it would be 6 to 8 weeks at the shortest

DocRocker
08-03-2007, 12:55 AM
I was told 2 months too. It will me 3 months as of next week. I just hadnt heard anything new. Glad to hear some people have theirs milled but need polishing. I hope I'm one of those.

Don Carnage
08-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Awesome. I sent him an email a few days ago and havent heard anything back yet.

I hope in in the finished batch too.

robnix
08-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Awesome. I sent him an email a few days ago and havent heard anything back yet.

I hope in in the finished batch too.

I think the issue at this time is the polishing. Colin had a guy that did the work for him that moved, so now Colin is doing all the work himself.

nicad
08-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Yep polishing is the holdup right now. Everything that has been sent to me so far has been machined... bodies and rails. A few ULE jobs still remain but that is fairly straight forward.

Polishing is a very dirty and time consuming job.. I used to have a guy who I setup with the tools to do it for me, but he has recently moved and is no longer able to do it... I still have some of my own equipment here, but it has not been used in years and is a matter of getting it set back up and running.
Once I get going on the polishing, it will be a fist in first out so those whoever sent in early on will be at the first of the stack.

That is where we are at right now. ETA = I have no idea.. as soon I get the chance to jump on it. :)

-Colin

mostpeople
08-03-2007, 03:30 PM
does gruntbull do polishing?

i mean if so - then we can have colin send it out early right? or am I mistaken?

kenndogg
08-03-2007, 06:17 PM

i mean if so - then we can have colin send it out early right? or am I mistaken?

yeah they do if you want a gloss finish ano.
of course it'll cost a bit more than a dust ano.

nicad
08-03-2007, 06:39 PM

i mean if so - then we can have colin send it out early right? or am I mistaken?The bodies can not leave here without the machine marks being buffed down and then being polished up.

mostpeople
08-03-2007, 07:55 PM
The bodies can not leave here without the machine marks being buffed down and then being polished up.

that solves that issue then :)

eagerly awaiting :)

KC
08-03-2007, 09:00 PM
that solves that issue then :)

eagerly awaiting :)

As am I. I had to tie myself over! http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218461

So happy deadlywind is back in the AGD business! Any plans to add the milling prices and such to the website again Colin?

-Kristian

DocRocker
08-08-2007, 01:12 AM
So it sounds like the polishing hasnt event started yet? And the equipment to do so isnt running yet? I guess I should just assume another 2-3 months then.... :cry:

gruntbull
08-15-2007, 07:42 AM
Love looking at those pics on the site.

nicad
08-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Got everything setup and started on the buffing/polishing. The first few orders are done. I will be contacting each of you as your order is done.

Thanks-
Colin

ps- Rick with two Kartas if you read this please contact me I have not heard back from you.

KC
08-18-2007, 01:38 AM
Please remember to send a paypal request to the email I gave you. Thanks again!

Any plan to put the Karta and Dallara back on deadlywind.com???

-Kristian

AirAssault
08-20-2007, 01:25 AM
MINE ARE DONE!!!!! If you read this before checking your e-mail please ULE the rails, Ill get pay pal out in a few days. Note to self, check email more often!

Got everything setup and started on the buffing/polishing. The first few orders are done. I will be contacting each of you as your order is done.

Thanks-
Colin

ps- Rick with two Kartas if you read this please contact me I have not heard back from you.