PDA

View Full Version : Why the heck are hoppers so expensive.

Ninjeff
08-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Seriously. Ive got an evolution2 for my emag, and it just doesnt quite cut it. Most of the time its ok, but i more often than not feel like its teetering on the edge performance wise.
So i was looking at all the usual suspects, Halo, Pulse, and vLocities.

Couldnt find anything for under $100.00.

Somehow i just find that absolutely ridiculous. If i could find a Vlocity Jr for $60-$80 it would seem worth it. But $100 plus? Dear lord!

Bah, anyway. Im just ranting because its late, im poor, and irritated.

z1p101
08-03-2007, 01:19 AM
I remember paying $65 for my original VL agitating loader and people thought I was insane.

Then they tried mine and and had one the next week.

questionful
08-03-2007, 01:21 AM
Make one. You can buy a catch cup and drive cone separately. I'm making my own catch cup. Then you can use guts from another loader, such as your egg. I'm using revvy guts. Who knows how it will preform, and it will have the servo sticking out the bottom, but I'm just doing it for fun.

mr doo doo
08-03-2007, 01:23 AM
hahaha, ninjeff, i do feel your grief. not only would i like to have a new, cool looking hopper, im not committed to spend that 100 on a hopper (even thought i dont even shoot that fast).

well, i guess that is why that eye force from viewloader was invented.

Chrishew09
08-03-2007, 06:24 AM
Get a Vlocity Jr., i just picked one up and its great, just dont buy the regular Vlocity, a Jr. with a gangster chip is cheaper and faster then the regular Vlocity.

I am friends with my local field owner, and he got me my Jr. at cost....... he's a real nice guy....

MisterBones25
08-03-2007, 06:25 AM
check out the new kingman hoppers. those are supposed to be force feed, but i havent heard to much about them.

Chaos_Theory!
08-03-2007, 08:29 AM
As mentioned a Vlocity Jis a good way to go. I got mine for 85 shipped before installing a gangstar chip. The new Eye force is pretty dang good for 70 or so.

Evolutions are just bad loaders imo. I know there are some people out there that will say otherwise but i disagree.

originalspyderxtra
08-03-2007, 02:02 PM
just buy used, i bought a used halo for 50, bought racing motor for 15, bought a v35 for 15, all this adds up to 80 bucks and its much faster then you will ever need.

RogueFactor
08-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Or you can buy one from Wal-Mart online for less than $100...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4321036

Thotograph
08-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Walmart, nnnnnoooooooooo :p

A couple buddys of mine have the Fastas and love them, and they are really fast. I'd say just go with what you can afford and works for you. I saw a $35 VL Revolution Force at Sports Authority... it said it could do 18bps but I doubt it's that fast. Still there's some cheap options out there. Personally I think the two new cheap revy based force feeders have a very large frontal profile. Don't forget you could always get a used warp feed since you are :ninja: ninjeff... I've found them used for $50...

Chrishew09
08-03-2007, 02:23 PM
You can get a used Apache at a very good price, and i can get 14bps in burst and 13bps consistently with mine. I think i paid like $45 when i bought it new a few years ago they much be cheaper then that used.

Chaos_Theory!
08-03-2007, 02:29 PM
The new VL Force and Eye Force really do feed as fast as the box claim. The prob with the normal force is its always puting tension on the balls since it doesnt have eyes or anything to make it stop.

Apache arent worth the money by a long shot imo.

Chrishew09
08-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Apache arent worth the money by a long shot imo.

I think they are great rugged, light, inexpensive, and moderate speed.

drg
08-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Buy used but be very, very picky about the shell condition. Halo shells can be very ... brittle over time.

mag_lover05
08-03-2007, 04:36 PM
ill sell you my halo for cheap... pm me. :cheers:

lol, ya, if your lookin for new, goodluck!

Ninjeff
08-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Hey good replies guys! I just started looking for a new hopper. The eggy isnt terrible per se' especially for $35 that i paid for it.

Still, i dont like to be able to out run my hopper at 15 bps, and the eggy seems to struggle at that speed. IM pretty sold on the Vlocity Jr. Although seeing the Halo form wally world for that price sure is...tempting.

Anyways, i think i will scavange for a used one. A few of you relaly nice guys have pmd me about some. Ill keep those in mind ;)

As far as a warp feed, i have one, but its just too bulky for me as i have been playing front more than not lately. I love it, but i think im gonna sell it and try to snag a Vlocity Jr.

mag_lover05
08-03-2007, 05:46 PM
ill let you have my halo for 45 , it just needs new shells.

pierce
08-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Yeah and the thing that really CHAPS MY BUTT is that they are made in CHINA! :shooting: At two dollars a day they must have to widdle them out of a solid piece of plastic with sharp chop stick.

rob123456789
08-03-2007, 10:11 PM
i just got a vlocity jr and I like it so far. I got mine at firstcallpaintball.com and it came with a gangstar chip and speedfeed all for $100. it seems like it was a good deal considering most places sell them for $100 alone

pierce
08-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Hey Rob did the vlocity come with the stock chip and the gangster chip?

Toll
08-04-2007, 06:19 PM
To answer the original question, hoppers cost more than their fair share because chances are you're only going to need the one. Unlike barrels, regs/etc you will probably always use the same hopper and rarely if ever buy a new one.

rob123456789
08-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey Rob did the vlocity come with the stock chip and the gangster chip?
yeah it comes with everything stock and then they just put the gangstar chip and speedfeed in the box.

pierce
08-04-2007, 06:48 PM
To answer the original question, hoppers cost more than their fair share because chances are you're only going to need the one. Unlike barrels, regs/etc you will probably always use the same hopper and rarely if ever buy a new one.
Good point.

pierce
08-04-2007, 06:49 PM
yeah it comes with everything stock and then they just put the gangstar chip and speedfeed in the box.
Thanks for the info Rob.

RoadDawg
08-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Seriously. Ive got an evolution2 for my emag, and it just doesnt quite cut it. Most of the time its ok, but i more often than not feel like its teetering on the edge performance wise.
So i was looking at all the usual suspects, Halo, Pulse, and vLocities.

Couldnt find anything for under $100.00.

Somehow i just find that absolutely ridiculous. If i could find a Vlocity Jr for $60-$80 it would seem worth it. But $100 plus? Dear lord!

Bah, anyway. Im just ranting because its late, im poor, and irritated.

Hoppers are so expensive because people will buy them for $100, thus allowing the companies to sell them for that. To me, a big chunk of plastic that is molded and has a motor placed inside of it, should not cost as much as it does, especially with the quantities the "popular" hoppers are made in but hey that is just me.

Good luck on your search.

Lenny
08-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Walmart, nnnnnoooooooooo :p

Yes! A fellow Walmart hater! I've been boycotting them for over a year now.

Go as pro-American as possible.

jenarelJAM
08-05-2007, 02:50 AM
Hoppers are so expensive because people will buy them for $100, thus allowing the companies to sell them for that. To me, a big chunk of plastic that is molded and has a motor placed inside of it, should not cost as much as it does, especially with the quantities the "popular" hoppers are made in but hey that is just me.

Good luck on your search.
QFT
And the reason people still buy them is because everything is overpriced in paintball. Well, actually, custom work isn't all that expensive, really, for custom work, but the mass produced markers, hoppers, air tanks, etc. are all much more expensive than any sort of item of similar technology. It's cause people like their hobbies. I'm only 18, and I can cover the cost of a paintball hopper in a day's work. Heck, that's even worth it to me, if I needed a new hopper.

pierce
08-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Yes! A fellow Walmart hater! I've been boycotting them for over a year now.

Go as pro-American as possible.
Hard to do when just about everything is made in China. :cuss:

paint magnet
08-05-2007, 01:23 PM
I don't know, I'm still trying to figure out why a DM7 costs more than an AR-15 . :confused: